From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Detroit game: Two amazing shots to end it
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 14:49:27 -0500
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.14
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 19:49 UTC

Watching on a stream on my computer, I almost screamed when Klay hit the
3-pointer to tie. I had no other thought than overtime. Then they don't
guard Bey and, in one second, he hits an amazing shot to win. Unbelievable.

--Robin

Re: Detroit game: Two amazing shots to end it

<tp7plb$2uo27$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4843&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4843

From: farberbe...@aol.com (David Farber)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: Detroit game: Two amazing shots to end it
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 16:23:10 -0800
 by: David Farber - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 00:23 UTC

On 1/5/2023 11:49 AM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Watching on a stream on my computer, I almost screamed when Klay hit the
> 3-pointer to tie. I had no other thought than overtime. Then they don't
> guard Bey and, in one second, he hits an amazing shot to win. Unbelievable.
>
> --Robin

There were times when Detroit couldn't miss. Was it the 1st quarter
where they shot 75%? That can't all be bad defense, can it? Klay's 3-pt
shooting was off all game until the very end. Not to make excuses but I
think the previous 2-OT game took a lot out of them. The thing I didn't
realize is that I read that the 2-way players are ineligible for the
playoffs and they also are limited to the amount of regular season games
they can play. The end of their bench carried the team last night.

David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Re: Detroit game: Two amazing shots to end it

<k1pif4Fj487U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4847&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4847

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 22:22:03 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 03:22 UTC

David Farber wrote:
> On 1/5/2023 11:49 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> Watching on a stream on my computer, I almost screamed when Klay hit
>> the 3-pointer to tie. I had no other thought than overtime. Then they
>> don't guard Bey and, in one second, he hits an amazing shot to win.
>> Unbelievable.
>>
>> --Robin
>>
> There were times when Detroit couldn't miss. Was it the 1st quarter
> where they shot 75%? That can't all be bad defense, can it? Klay's 3-pt
> shooting was off all game until the very end. Not to make excuses but I
> think the previous 2-OT game took a lot out of them. The thing I didn't
> realize is that I read that the 2-way players are ineligible for the
> playoffs and they also are limited to the amount of regular season games
> they can play. The end of their bench carried the team last night.
>
> David Farber
> Los Osos, CA

Yes, I think the limit is being active for 50 games, whether or not they
play in them. Both players will exhaust their 50-game eligibility before
the end of the season. The Warriors need one or both at this point. I
guess part of the question is whether Iguodala will actually be able to
play meaningful minutes. If so, he might replace Lamb. Why is he taking
so long to "get ready?" He wasn't injured, and he played last season.

--Robin