P-K4

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants / I've Always thought

SubjectAuthor
* I've Always thoughtiommiRULES
+* Re: I've Always thoughtjeffg...@webtv.net
|`* Re: I've Always thoughtiommiRULES
| `- Re: I've Always thoughtiommiRULES
`* Re: I've Always thought*ernie
 `- Re: I've Always thoughtiommiRULES

1
I've Always thought

<4477dfe3-7694-4d5b-b670-04c5d0faa929n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4879&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#4879

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 15:17:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: I've Always thought
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 22:17 UTC

And yes please I know once in awhile there is a Brock Purdy but i always thought IN GENERAL rounds 1-3 were for eventual starters, then the rest is for depth besides the occasional surprise. And i dont fall for you are a genius if you draft an all-pro in the 7th round.....bullshit you stepped in shit, because you nor anyone else saw it coming. The Genius drafts the guy everyone has slated for late rounds in the early rounds, that is the Genius. For instance if Robinson ever becomes an allstar (not a great start after being injured like most Giants WR in recent memory) that would be genius because everyone else was yelling "Reach".....when your "Reach" becomes a solid player that is when you can pat yourself on the back, not when you step in Shit like Brady or Purdy who no one in the whole scouting world thought was gonna become much.

Re: I've Always thought

<6b92f7e6-da84-4ecd-86f2-79cdcef702fbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4888&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#4888

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 13:49:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: I've Always thought
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 20:49 UTC

On Friday, April 28, 2023 at 6:17:06 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> And yes please I know once in awhile there is a Brock Purdy but i always thought IN GENERAL rounds 1-3 were for eventual starters, then the rest is for depth besides the occasional surprise. And i dont fall for you are a genius if you draft an all-pro in the 7th round.....bullshit you stepped in shit, because you nor anyone else saw it coming. The Genius drafts the guy everyone has slated for late rounds in the early rounds, that is the Genius. For instance if Robinson ever becomes an allstar (not a great start after being injured like most Giants WR in recent memory) that would be genius because everyone else was yelling "Reach".....when your "Reach" becomes a solid player that is when you can pat yourself on the back, not when you step in Shit like Brady or Purdy who no one in the whole scouting world thought was gonna become much.

Yes, they are exceptions, but it means you cannot ignore the late rounds. In addition to Brady, here are 2 more 6th round picks that are in Canton, Terrel Davis and Joe Klecko. And future Hall of Fame member Travis Kelce was also a 6th round pick.

And what about the Giants' Super Bowl running backs Bradshaw 7th round and Jacobs 4th round?

And did you know that the present starting quarterback who has the longest tenure on his team was a 5th round pick? I won't say who it is, but here's a big clue, he plays for the cowturds.

Re: I've Always thought

<dae37292-c951-4985-b2b1-927f93dec27bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4889&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#4889

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 16:59:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 23:59 UTC

On Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 4:49:25 PM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Friday, April 28, 2023 at 6:17:06 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> > And yes please I know once in awhile there is a Brock Purdy but i always thought IN GENERAL rounds 1-3 were for eventual starters, then the rest is for depth besides the occasional surprise. And i dont fall for you are a genius if you draft an all-pro in the 7th round.....bullshit you stepped in shit, because you nor anyone else saw it coming. The Genius drafts the guy everyone has slated for late rounds in the early rounds, that is the Genius. For instance if Robinson ever becomes an allstar (not a great start after being injured like most Giants WR in recent memory) that would be genius because everyone else was yelling "Reach".....when your "Reach" becomes a solid player that is when you can pat yourself on the back, not when you step in Shit like Brady or Purdy who no one in the whole scouting world thought was gonna become much.
> Yes, they are exceptions, but it means you cannot ignore the late rounds. In addition to Brady, here are 2 more 6th round picks that are in Canton, Terrel Davis and Joe Klecko. And future Hall of Fame member Travis Kelce was also a 6th round pick.
>
> And what about the Giants' Super Bowl running backs Bradshaw 7th round and Jacobs 4th round?
>
> And did you know that the present starting quarterback who has the longest tenure on his team was a 5th round pick? I won't say who it is, but here's a big clue, he plays for the cowturds.

Yes i read Prescott was longest tenured. Like i said there is always that low rounder outlier that is a surprise once in a blue moon like Bradshaw....but how about the 10 7th rounders before or since? 1 out of 20 years? Tae Crowder mr irrellevant, yea he did OK for a few games til the Giants figured out he was a big reason they were bottom feeders vs the run...then he found his ass on the practice squad....

Re: I've Always thought

<ac6e9e0c-3b44-463b-ae57-cac5d4ffd000n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4891&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#4891

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 17:13:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 00:13 UTC

On Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 7:59:41 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 4:49:25 PM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> > On Friday, April 28, 2023 at 6:17:06 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> > > And yes please I know once in awhile there is a Brock Purdy but i always thought IN GENERAL rounds 1-3 were for eventual starters, then the rest is for depth besides the occasional surprise. And i dont fall for you are a genius if you draft an all-pro in the 7th round.....bullshit you stepped in shit, because you nor anyone else saw it coming. The Genius drafts the guy everyone has slated for late rounds in the early rounds, that is the Genius. For instance if Robinson ever becomes an allstar (not a great start after being injured like most Giants WR in recent memory) that would be genius because everyone else was yelling "Reach".....when your "Reach" becomes a solid player that is when you can pat yourself on the back, not when you step in Shit like Brady or Purdy who no one in the whole scouting world thought was gonna become much.
> > Yes, they are exceptions, but it means you cannot ignore the late rounds. In addition to Brady, here are 2 more 6th round picks that are in Canton, Terrel Davis and Joe Klecko. And future Hall of Fame member Travis Kelce was also a 6th round pick.
> >
> > And what about the Giants' Super Bowl running backs Bradshaw 7th round and Jacobs 4th round?
> >
> > And did you know that the present starting quarterback who has the longest tenure on his team was a 5th round pick? I won't say who it is, but here's a big clue, he plays for the cowturds.
> Yes i read Prescott was longest tenured. Like i said there is always that low rounder outlier that is a surprise once in a blue moon like Bradshaw.....but how about the 10 7th rounders before or since? 1 out of 20 years? Tae Crowder mr irrellevant, yea he did OK for a few games til the Giants figured out he was a big reason they were bottom feeders vs the run...then he found his ass on the practice squad....

Just googled Crowder he is on Pitt now.....with any luck he makes final cut.....

Re: I've Always thought

<u2ked6$36aav$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4892&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#4892

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 20:57:13 -0400
 by: *ernie - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 00:57 UTC

On 4/28/2023 6:17 PM, iommiRULES wrote:
> And yes please I know once in awhile there is a Brock Purdy but i always thought IN GENERAL rounds 1-3 were for eventual starters, then the rest is for depth besides the occasional surprise. And i dont fall for you are a genius if you draft an all-pro in the 7th round.....bullshit you stepped in shit, because you nor anyone else saw it coming. The Genius drafts the guy everyone has slated for late rounds in the early rounds, that is the Genius. For instance if Robinson ever becomes an allstar (not a great start after being injured like most Giants WR in recent memory) that would be genius because everyone else was yelling "Reach".....when your "Reach" becomes a solid player that is when you can pat yourself on the back, not when you step in Shit like Brady or Purdy who no one in the whole scouting world thought was gonna become much.

The actual 'smarts' is the post draft FA signings. This I'm guessing
where the Giants plan to find a few OL, maybe even another Nick Gates

Re: I've Always thought

<e311c408-01bd-40b7-89a6-770e8b6a6b01n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4899&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#4899

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 06:32:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 13:32 UTC

On Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 8:57:13 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> On 4/28/2023 6:17 PM, iommiRULES wrote:
> > And yes please I know once in awhile there is a Brock Purdy but i always thought IN GENERAL rounds 1-3 were for eventual starters, then the rest is for depth besides the occasional surprise. And i dont fall for you are a genius if you draft an all-pro in the 7th round.....bullshit you stepped in shit, because you nor anyone else saw it coming. The Genius drafts the guy everyone has slated for late rounds in the early rounds, that is the Genius. For instance if Robinson ever becomes an allstar (not a great start after being injured like most Giants WR in recent memory) that would be genius because everyone else was yelling "Reach".....when your "Reach" becomes a solid player that is when you can pat yourself on the back, not when you step in Shit like Brady or Purdy who no one in the whole scouting world thought was gonna become much.
> The actual 'smarts' is the post draft FA signings. This I'm guessing
> where the Giants plan to find a few OL, maybe even another Nick Gates

Better than Gates if Gates was any good he would still be here...its amazing he was playing at all after that injury, but he was never better than OK even before the injury. Just loved his toughness.