A gambler's biggest thrill is winning a bet. His next biggest thrill is losing a bet.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants / Some Thoughts

SubjectAuthor
* Some ThoughtsiommiRULES
`* Re: Some Thoughts*ernie
 `- Re: Some ThoughtsiommiRULES

1
Some Thoughts

<b1dd2a8a-c4a7-4fa8-982a-86b274c58375n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5073&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#5073

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 20:17:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Some Thoughts
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 03:17 UTC

Defense played well with special mentions to Pinnock and Flott, who also made a nice tackle on specials.
With any offense at all Giants should have had 21 points in the first half, they let the D down who set them up nice early...which brings me too....Boy i really hope we dont get any injuries on oline because they totally sucked, the weak link of the whole team would be oline depth if you were to judge right now. Devito deserved better he looked like a gamer out there.

As for the WR competition didnt even look like anyone who will make the team even played much, Beasley looks like he may have some left in the tank tho. I liked the play of the young DB's tho. Right now the D looks far ahead of the offense, at least depth wise since no first stringers really played. Was surprised how intense Daboll was on the sideline for a game that means nothing, i guess just trying to get the kids heads out of their asses. And last but not least Gano still looks like Gano...

Re: Some Thoughts

<9JDBM.431991$TCKc.285921@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5074&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#5074

Subject: Re: Some Thoughts
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 00:17:06 -0400
 by: *ernie - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 04:17 UTC

On 8/11/2023 11:17 PM, iommiRULES wrote:
> Defense played well with special mentions to Pinnock and Flott, who also made a nice tackle on specials.
> With any offense at all Giants should have had 21 points in the first half, they let the D down who set them up nice early...which brings me too....Boy i really hope we dont get any injuries on oline because they totally sucked, the weak link of the whole team would be oline depth if you were to judge right now. Devito deserved better he looked like a gamer out there.

A thin OL with little depth has been the story of the giants for years.

> As for the WR competition didnt even look like anyone who will make the team even played much, Beasley looks like he may have some left in the tank tho. I liked the play of the young DB's tho. Right now the D looks far ahead of the offense, at least depth wise since no first stringers really played. Was surprised how intense Daboll was on the sideline for a game that means nothing, i guess just trying to get the kids heads out of their asses. And last but not least Gano still looks like Gano

Re: Some Thoughts

<a71e5741-1ff9-4455-aaea-4c7f4f43aa10n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5075&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#5075

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 12:07:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 19:07 UTC

On Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 12:17:11 AM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> On 8/11/2023 11:17 PM, iommiRULES wrote:
> > Defense played well with special mentions to Pinnock and Flott, who also made a nice tackle on specials.
> > With any offense at all Giants should have had 21 points in the first half, they let the D down who set them up nice early...which brings me too.....Boy i really hope we dont get any injuries on oline because they totally sucked, the weak link of the whole team would be oline depth if you were to judge right now. Devito deserved better he looked like a gamer out there.
> A thin OL with little depth has been the story of the giants for years.
> >
> > As for the WR competition didnt even look like anyone who will make the team even played much, Beasley looks like he may have some left in the tank tho. I liked the play of the young DB's tho. Right now the D looks far ahead of the offense, at least depth wise since no first stringers really played. Was surprised how intense Daboll was on the sideline for a game that means nothing, i guess just trying to get the kids heads out of their asses. And last but not least Gano still looks like Gano

Forget about depth! we had NO STARTERS for years! Now at least we have Thomas....ONE guy but 4 more to go! Thats exacly why i said coming into camp most of this teams talent resides on D, especially after getting okereke and the #1 draft choice Banks.....i think that was evident even with the backups last night.
Funny thing is now i notice EVEN THE HIGH DRAFT PICK ROOKIES barely play in preseason, never mind the Starters! Like i was looking forward to seeing some of these new WR like Hyatt getting a lot of chances....they were out of the game early and next thing you knew guys who have very little chance of making the team were out there! And im talking before the first quarter even ended!