If you don't know what game you're playing, don't ask what the score is.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers / Re: Interesting (but incredibly implausible) scenario

SubjectAuthor
* Interesting (but incredibly implausible) scenariophlash74
`- Re: Interesting (but incredibly implausible) scenarioRobin Miller

1
Interesting (but incredibly implausible) scenario

<1d722eaa-f610-4c70-b0d7-aa28d7bf75b5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5135&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#5135

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 09:07:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Interesting (but incredibly implausible) scenario
From: phlas...@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Fri, 8 Dec 2023 17:07 UTC

Saw a chart published on TwiX showing which teams fans should be rooting for to help their team's playoff chances, and despite Buffalo being one of the teams the Chargers are chasing for a wild card berth, it said Chargers fans should root for Buffalo over KC. I thought that was a bit odd, and then I realized if by some miracle the Chargers win their next four (vs. DEN, @LV, vs. BUF, and @DEN) while the Chiefs do no better than 2-2 (vs. BUF, @NE, vs. LV, vs. CIN) then the week 18 game with the Chiefs visiting LA would actually be for the AFC West title.

The Chiefs would be 10-6 in this scenario (assuming they split their next four) while the Chargers would be 9-7. With a victory over KC, the teams would tie at 10-7 and the first tiebreaker (head to head) would be split. The next tiebreaker would be AFC West record, where the Chargers would be 5-1 if they won out while the Chiefs would be either 4-2 or 3-3 (depending on whether they beat the Raiders at home).

Michael

Re: Interesting (but incredibly implausible) scenario

<kthhnkFmgsrU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5136&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#5136

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 16:55:58 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 8 Dec 2023 21:55 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> Saw a chart published on TwiX showing which teams fans should be rooting for to help their team's playoff chances, and despite Buffalo being one of the teams the Chargers are chasing for a wild card berth, it said Chargers fans should root for Buffalo over KC. I thought that was a bit odd, and then I realized if by some miracle the Chargers win their next four (vs. DEN, @LV, vs. BUF, and @DEN) while the Chiefs do no better than 2-2 (vs. BUF, @NE, vs. LV, vs. CIN) then the week 18 game with the Chiefs visiting LA would actually be for the AFC West title.
>
> The Chiefs would be 10-6 in this scenario (assuming they split their next four) while the Chargers would be 9-7. With a victory over KC, the teams would tie at 10-7 and the first tiebreaker (head to head) would be split. The next tiebreaker would be AFC West record, where the Chargers would be 5-1 if they won out while the Chiefs would be either 4-2 or 3-3 (depending on whether they beat the Raiders at home).
>
> Michael

We're number one!

:-)

--Robin