Every creature has within him the wild, uncontrollable urge to punt. -- Snoopy

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants / I can't watch any more football today

SubjectAuthor
* I can't watch any more football todayjeffg...@webtv.net
`* Re: I can't watch any more football today*ernie
 `- Re: I can't watch any more football todayjeffg...@webtv.net

1
I can't watch any more football today

<05b250e2-5ea7-4108-96d8-44c01ebc2ef8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5213&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#5213

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 13:42:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: I can't watch any more football today
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 20:42 UTC

A truly disgusting loss in a game they never should have been even in. For 59 of the 60+ minutes the defense was superb except for that one 50 yard short pass td play.

The offense sucked big time all game, not just when Devito came in, The special teams except for the punt returner were also awful. They had that game won, a game with that offense they never should have been in. And their punter kept pinning the Giants deep while the Giants' punter, who had been good lately, was pretty bad.

And I don't want the ball first in overtime as that meant the jests would only need a field goal to win and probably get the ball in great field position, which they did. With that offense, the Giants in overtime could only hope for a tie unless they were gifted the game on a turnover.

Re: I can't watch any more football today

<8ba26e2a-e9fd-4739-b21c-513a1f7ce7f0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5214&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#5214

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 21:57:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: I can't watch any more football today
From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
 by: *ernie - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 04:57 UTC

On Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 4:42:36 PM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> A truly disgusting loss in a game they never should have been even in. For 59 of the 60+ minutes the defense was superb except for that one 50 yard short pass td play.
>
> The offense sucked big time all game, not just when Devito came in, The special teams except for the punt returner were also awful. They had that game won, a game with that offense they never should have been in. And their punter kept pinning the Giants deep while the Giants' punter, who had been good lately, was pretty bad.
>
> And I don't want the ball first in overtime as that meant the jests would only need a field goal to win and probably get the ball in great field position, which they did. With that offense, the Giants in overtime could only hope for a tie unless they were gifted the game on a turnover.

This had to be their most humiliating regular season defeat since "The Fumble". Like most fans, I was stunned.

Re: I can't watch any more football today

<e6f3c62a-fd43-4516-a927-c788785879c7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5215&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#5215

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 03:01:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 10:01 UTC

On Monday, October 30, 2023 at 12:57:56 AM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> On Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 4:42:36 PM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> > A truly disgusting loss in a game they never should have been even in. For 59 of the 60+ minutes the defense was superb except for that one 50 yard short pass td play.
> >
> > The offense sucked big time all game, not just when Devito came in, The special teams except for the punt returner were also awful. They had that game won, a game with that offense they never should have been in. And their punter kept pinning the Giants deep while the Giants' punter, who had been good lately, was pretty bad.
> >
> > And I don't want the ball first in overtime as that meant the jests would only need a field goal to win and probably get the ball in great field position, which they did. With that offense, the Giants in overtime could only hope for a tie unless they were gifted the game on a turnover.
> This had to be their most humiliating regular season defeat since "The Fumble". Like most fans, I was stunned.
Both teams deserved to lost that game. The Giants found a way to lose it, but the jests had given them that game. The Giants one touchdown only happened because the jests kept making stupid, undisciplined penalties. And their made field goal was only after they were given the ball in the red zone after a turnover. And the Giants were about to punt from their own 8 yard line with over 8 minutes left when the jests jumped offsides to give them a first down and actually allow them to take about 5 minutes off the clock.

As bad as it was for us, can you imagine being there in the pouring rain and losing in that manner?