From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Woj says Wiggins is returning "early this week"
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 13:24:51 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.15
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 17:24 UTC

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

ESPN Sources: Golden State Warriors All-Star forward Andrew Wiggins is
nearing a return to the team and is expected to be back early this week.
Wiggins has missed 21 games attending to a family matter. Huge boost for
the defending champions and sixth seed in the West.

12:44 PM · Apr 3, 2023

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1642931172371054607

Re: Woj says Wiggins is returning "early this week"

<k90k21Fpra6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5271&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5271

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: Woj says Wiggins is returning "early this week"
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 14:26:07 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 18:26 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:

> Adrian Wojnarowski  @wojespn
>
> ESPN Sources: Golden State Warriors All-Star forward Andrew Wiggins is
> nearing a return to the team and is expected to be back early this week.
> Wiggins has missed 21 games attending to a family matter. Huge boost for
> the defending champions and sixth seed in the West.
>
> 12:44 PM · Apr 3, 2023
>

> https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1642931172371054607

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Golden State's Andrew Wiggins plans to attend Warriors-Thunder on
Tuesday. The reason for Wiggins' leave of absence since mid-February is
that his father, Mitchell Wiggins, has been dealing with a serious
medical situation, sources close to the situation say. 🙏🏽

1:42 PM · Apr 3, 2023

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1642945756255453188

RM: What does "attend" mean? He's going to watch the game from the stands?

Re: Woj says Wiggins is returning "early this week"

<u0f6l6$32h5r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5272&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5272

From: farberbe...@aol.com (David Farber)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 11:41:43 -0700
 by: David Farber - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 18:41 UTC

On 4/3/2023 11:26 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
>>

>> Adrian Wojnarowski  @wojespn
>>
>> ESPN Sources: Golden State Warriors All-Star forward Andrew Wiggins is
>> nearing a return to the team and is expected to be back early this
>> week. Wiggins has missed 21 games attending to a family matter. Huge
>> boost for the defending champions and sixth seed in the West.
>>
>> 12:44 PM · Apr 3, 2023
>>

>> https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1642931172371054607
>>

> Shams Charania  @ShamsCharania
>
> Golden State's Andrew Wiggins plans to attend Warriors-Thunder on
> Tuesday. The reason for Wiggins' leave of absence since mid-February is
> that his father, Mitchell Wiggins, has been dealing with a serious
> medical situation, sources close to the situation say. 🙏🏽
>
> 1:42 PM · Apr 3, 2023
>
> https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1642945756255453188
>

> RM: What does "attend" mean? He's going to watch the game from the stands?

@RM:
I think we should (are supposed to) be happy that we got some daylight
shed on this situation though we still don't know when he is scheduled
to return. I mean, he eventually is going to play, right?
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Re: Woj says Wiggins is returning "early this week"

<k90lrjFq35uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5273&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5273

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 14:56:49 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 18:56 UTC

David Farber wrote:
> On 4/3/2023 11:26 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
>> Robin Miller wrote:
>>>

>>> Adrian Wojnarowski  @wojespn
>>>
>>> ESPN Sources: Golden State Warriors All-Star forward Andrew Wiggins
>>> is nearing a return to the team and is expected to be back early this
>>> week. Wiggins has missed 21 games attending to a family matter. Huge
>>> boost for the defending champions and sixth seed in the West.
>>>
>>> 12:44 PM · Apr 3, 2023
>>>

>>> https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1642931172371054607
>>>

>> Shams Charania  @ShamsCharania
>>
>> Golden State's Andrew Wiggins plans to attend Warriors-Thunder on
>> Tuesday. The reason for Wiggins' leave of absence since mid-February
>> is that his father, Mitchell Wiggins, has been dealing with a serious
>> medical situation, sources close to the situation say. 🙏🏽
>>
>> 1:42 PM · Apr 3, 2023
>>
>> https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1642945756255453188
>>

>> RM: What does "attend" mean? He's going to watch the game from the
>> stands?
>>
> @RM:
>
> I think we should (are supposed to) be happy that we got some daylight
> shed on this situation though we still don't know when he is scheduled
> to return. I mean, he eventually is going to play, right?
>
> --
> David Farber
> Los Osos, CA

More from Slater and Shams:

Andrew Wiggins is expected to fly back to the Bay Area in the next 24
hours and attend the Warriors game against the Thunder on Tuesday night,
league sources told The Athletic. Here’s what you need to know:

Wiggins has been away from the team for 48 days, missing 22 games,
while attending to a personal matter. His father, Mitchell Wiggins, has
been dealing with a serious medical situation, according to sources
briefed on the situation.

It remains unclear when Wiggins will actually be able to get back on
the court. He has told the Warriors that he’s been working out with a
personal trainer on a regular basis during his time away, spent in
Minnesota.

Warriors have a lot on the line

Rick Celebrini, the Warriors’ lead medical decision maker, will need
time to assess Wiggins’ conditioning and readiness for a high-intensity
late-season NBA environment before giving the green light. Wiggins
missed 15 games earlier this season with a groin injury and took time to
rediscover his groove.

The Warriors have three high-stakes games left in the regular season.
Tuesday is their home finale against the Thunder. They plan to practice
in San Francisco on Thursday, face the Kings on Friday in Sacramento,
practice in Portland on Saturday and end the regular season on Sunday
afternoon against the Blazers.

The Warriors are the sixth seed. If they can finish the season in the
fifth or sixth spot, they’ll avoid the Play-In, giving Wiggins an extra
week of practice before opening the first round of the playoffs the
following weekend.

But if the Warriors falter this week, dropping back into the seventh or
eighth spot, their season will be on the line next week, upping the
urgency around Wiggins’ return. The Clippers, Warriors, Lakers and
Pelicans all enter the final week tied with 38 losses.
Backstory

Wiggins’ absence began the game before the All-Star break, Feb. 14 at
the Clippers. This is the first season in his career he’s missed
significant time. He’d already missed 20 of the first 57 games before
this stretch of absences.

Wiggins, the No. 1 pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, has averaged 17.1 points
(on 47.3 percent shooting), five rebounds and 2.3 assists across 37
games this season. He was an All-Star in 2022 and played an integral
role in the Warriors’ title run.

Wiggins signed a 4-year, $109 million extension last October.