From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: That was disappointing
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 14:04:28 -0700
 by: Allen - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 21:04 UTC

On 4/16/2023 8:18 AM, Robin Miller wrote:

> The Warriors just had no answer for Fox and Monk, who were the two best
> players on the court last night and outscored Curry and Klay 70-51.
>
> I've been wondering if the Warriors should start Payton to guard Fox,
> who's too quick for both Curry and Klay, and seemingly DiVincenzo as
> well. Slater says that Wiggins can defend Fox, but he's not nearly as
> fast as Fox. And Wiggins may be needed to defend Monk.
>
> Looney played a hell of a game, neutralizing Sabonis. I think the
> announcers said that Kings players (mostly Sabonis) were 2-20 against
> Looney inside.
>
> I was really surprised at how good the Kings' defense was after reading
> so many times that they were lackluster on defense over the course of
> the season. They were really pumped to start the game. They had a great
> crowd behind them.
>
> I hated that the Warriors keep hoisting threes in the fourth quarter
> when they hadn't been hitting them and they had been successful driving.
>
> --Robin

I'm somewhat encouraged that the Warriors were able to keep it so close
in Wiggins first game back with limited minutes. I'm hoping what we saw
last night was near-peak Kings, that they'll fall back a little, and the
Warriors will be able to improve after Wiggins gets more comfortable,
can play more minutes, and the Warriors get used to having him back.

That was disappointing

<ka2hu3F4cbqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5350&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5350

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: That was disappointing
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 11:18:25 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.16
 by: Robin Miller - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 15:18 UTC