From: jwalsh...@gmail.com (John Walsh)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Subject: What Santos did last night was unforgiveable
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 08:38:42 -1000
 by: John Walsh - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 18:38 UTC

2 home runs on two single pitches! His ERA ballooned to 33.XX That's
not relief pitching, that's gift giving.

Re: What Santos did last night was unforgiveable

<s6cetf$3t5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=52&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#52

From: pol...@kfu.com (poldy)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Subject: Re: What Santos did last night was unforgiveable
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 13:00:45 -0700
 by: poldy - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 20:00 UTC

On 4/28/21 11:38 AM, John Walsh wrote:
> 2 home runs on two single pitches! His ERA ballooned to 33.XX That's
> not relief pitching, that's gift giving.

If they stay in contention through June, they may try to make moves to
bolster the roster.

They may already have the goal of playoffs or bust, though this is only
Zaidi's third season (though last season was cut way short) and he still
has several bad contracts he inherited.

But with fans coming back, the owners probably want the Giants to remain
in contention all season.

Hmm, Giants trade a reliever to the Yankees for a OF who isn't hitting
for anything:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31347883/san-francisco-giants-acquire-mike-tauchman-trade-new-york-yankees

The 30-year-old Tauchman, a veteran of five major league seasons, had a
breakout year for the Yankees in 2019 when he set career bests with a
..277 average, 13 home runs and 47 RBIs. But he hasn't been able to
replicate those stats since, slashing .242/.342/.305 during the
pandemic-shortened 2020 season and .214/.267/.286 in 16 plate
appearances this season. He hasn't hit a home run since the 2019 season.

With Clint Frazier and Brett Gardner splitting time in left field, there
was little opportunity for Tauchman to find a spot in the Yankees' lineup.

The Giants were in search for an outfielder with Mike Yastrzemski -- who
like Tauchman also bats left-handed -- dealing with an oblique injury.
Yastrzemski had an MRI on Monday, which revealed "a very mild oblique
strain," according to manager Gabe Kapler. Yastrzemski exited Sunday's
game with the injury and sat out Monday's 12-0 victory over the Colorado
Rockies.

Peralta, 29, is 2-1 with two saves and a 5.40 ERA in 8⅓ innings over 10
appearances this season. Last season, Peralta went 1-1 with a 3.29 ERA
in 25 relief outings. Left-handed hitters were just 7-for-41 (.171)
against him. The six-year veteran has a 4.72 ERA over 220 appearances in
his career.

Re: What Santos did last night was unforgiveable

<8foj8gtcr0ueulse7qc1aoii82ucslbttl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=54&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#54

From: jwalsh...@gmail.com (John Walsh)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 12:33:11 -1000
 by: John Walsh - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 22:33 UTC

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 13:00:45 -0700, poldy <poldy@kfu.com> wrote:

>On 4/28/21 11:38 AM, John Walsh wrote:
>> 2 home runs on two single pitches! His ERA ballooned to 33.XX That's
>> not relief pitching, that's gift giving.
>>

>If they stay in contention through June, they may try to make moves to
>bolster the roster.
>
>They may already have the goal of playoffs or bust, though this is only
>Zaidi's third season (though last season was cut way short) and he still
>has several bad contracts he inherited.
>
>But with fans coming back, the owners probably want the Giants to remain
>in contention all season.
>

>Hmm, Giants trade a reliever to the Yankees for a OF who isn't hitting
>for anything:
>

>https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31347883/san-francisco-giants-acquire-mike-tauchman-trade-new-york-yankees
>

>The 30-year-old Tauchman, a veteran of five major league seasons, had a
>breakout year for the Yankees in 2019 when he set career bests with a
>.277 average, 13 home runs and 47 RBIs. But he hasn't been able to
>replicate those stats since, slashing .242/.342/.305 during the
>pandemic-shortened 2020 season and .214/.267/.286 in 16 plate
>appearances this season. He hasn't hit a home run since the 2019 season.
>

>With Clint Frazier and Brett Gardner splitting time in left field, there
>was little opportunity for Tauchman to find a spot in the Yankees' lineup.
>
>The Giants were in search for an outfielder with Mike Yastrzemski -- who
>like Tauchman also bats left-handed -- dealing with an oblique injury.
>Yastrzemski had an MRI on Monday, which revealed "a very mild oblique
>strain," according to manager Gabe Kapler. Yastrzemski exited Sunday's
>game with the injury and sat out Monday's 12-0 victory over the Colorado
>Rockies.
>
>Peralta, 29, is 2-1 with two saves and a 5.40 ERA in 8? innings over 10
>appearances this season. Last season, Peralta went 1-1 with a 3.29 ERA
>in 25 relief outings. Left-handed hitters were just 7-for-41 (.171)
>against him. The six-year veteran has a 4.72 ERA over 220 appearances in
>his career.

I really hope they acquire some solid talent. This signing of marginal
players is getting old real fast. Did you see who they traded Peralta
for? Tauchman, a .214 hitter.

Peralta had a huge problem getting the ball into the strike zone and
he was not good in spring training. That should have been enough of a
warning before the season started. The reason they had decent ERA was
the constant one inning stints.