From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Death knell of the dynasty?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 11:16:36 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.16
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 15:16 UTC

It was amazing to me how the Warriors fell apart last night. More than
that, they seemed to have no passion from the beginning. They weren't
playing "with force," as Kerr likes to put it. Previous years' teams
would have methodically put away the opposing team in a close-out game.
Last night's team had either no ability or no urgency in doing so.

Part of the problem--a big part, probably--is that the bench is
contributing close to nothing. Poole has fallen apart, Kuminga has
become unplayable, at least in this series, DiVincenzo has been
curiously ineffective (and his shooting has disappeared), GP2 doesn't
play enough to make much of a difference (has he never fully recovered
from his core injury? Missing his corner threes has hurt), and Moody has
been limited to a few helpful minutes.

I will remain hopeful for Sunday, but, even if they win, they don't
appear destined for a long playoff run.

--Robin

Re: Death knell of the dynasty?

<u2kk7q$3all6$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5454&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5454

From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: Death knell of the dynasty?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 19:36:41 -0700
 by: Allen - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 02:36 UTC

On 4/29/2023 8:16 AM, Robin Miller wrote:

> It was amazing to me how the Warriors fell apart last night. More than
> that, they seemed to have no passion from the beginning. They weren't
> playing "with force," as Kerr likes to put it. Previous years' teams
> would have methodically put away the opposing team in a close-out game.
> Last night's team had either no ability or no urgency in doing so.
>
> Part of the problem--a big part, probably--is that the bench is
> contributing close to nothing. Poole has fallen apart, Kuminga has
> become unplayable, at least in this series, DiVincenzo has been
> curiously ineffective (and his shooting has disappeared), GP2 doesn't
> play enough to make much of a difference (has he never fully recovered
> from his core injury? Missing his corner threes has hurt), and Moody has
> been limited to a few helpful minutes.
>
> I will remain hopeful for Sunday, but, even if they win, they don't
> appear destined for a long playoff run.
>
> --Robin

Both Kurtenbach and Kenney have also speculated this could be the end of
the dynasty, if they lose game 7.

Re: Death knell of the dynasty?

<26ca1b64-8632-49e5-bf29-b6c2de7fe944n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5462&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5462

Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 23:32:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: coac...@gmail.com (Donald Lee)
 by: Donald Lee - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 06:32 UTC

I'm back! LOL Been focused on work and other things and sometimes dropping into read but not much posting. BUT, just posted a few things....will post a few more here shortly.....

I did not see the game Friday as I was officiating some youth basketball. Glad I didn't watch it based on all accounts.

I think the issue is what we talked about during the regular season. The stars are still very good but they can't turn it on like they used to. The hope was that Poole, Moody, Kuminga, & Wiseman could help carry the load.

Wiseman - we all know how that went.

Kuminga - looked like he grew in the regular season but has disappeared against the Kings.

Moody - didn't do much in the regular season but curiously playing a few minutes against the Kings.

Poole - I'm an optimist and think Poole will figure it out....eventually......but would be nice if it's game 7 and the rest of the playoffs and not next season.

The lack of a solid veteran players like Livingston, Iggy, etc has hurt. The Warriors totally over estimated the ability of the youngsters to help and didn't provide enough veterans to bridge the gap like in years past.

I don't know if the dynasty is over but the core pieces getting a year older makes climbing the mountain that much harder.

Hopeful for a win in Game 7 though a match up against the Lakers will be tough.

DL

On Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 8:16:46 AM UTC-7, Robin Miller wrote:
> It was amazing to me how the Warriors fell apart last night. More than
> that, they seemed to have no passion from the beginning. They weren't
> playing "with force," as Kerr likes to put it. Previous years' teams
> would have methodically put away the opposing team in a close-out game.
> Last night's team had either no ability or no urgency in doing so.
>
> Part of the problem--a big part, probably--is that the bench is
> contributing close to nothing. Poole has fallen apart, Kuminga has
> become unplayable, at least in this series, DiVincenzo has been
> curiously ineffective (and his shooting has disappeared), GP2 doesn't
> play enough to make much of a difference (has he never fully recovered
> from his core injury? Missing his corner threes has hurt), and Moody has
> been limited to a few helpful minutes.
>
> I will remain hopeful for Sunday, but, even if they win, they don't
> appear destined for a long playoff run.
>
> --Robin

Re: Death knell of the dynasty?

<13ea8b05-4310-4e7c-aa10-0498f2061877n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5467&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5467

Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 23:51:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: coac...@gmail.com (Donald Lee)
 by: Donald Lee - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 06:51 UTC

A few more things:

Considering how retrospective I've been the past few months, I see why some of the Warriors are reflecting on their decade journey. As i mentioned, i suffered a foot injury back in December of 2022. I'm pretty much recovered now, after a long time limping around. I'm officiating and able to job / lightly run. I HAVE NOT yet gone back to try and play hoops yet. Been advised to take it easy and at my age (close to 50 now) to slow down. Some people said not to play basketball again at all. Not sure I can do that but I may have to adjust how much and how often I play with my other activities.

But the injury made me realize that we aren't young and athletic forever. So I've been reflecting on all my amateur athletic accomplishments (high school sports, adult leagues, etc). I think the Warriors quietly see the writing on the wall as well even if they don't want to admit that their time may be up sooner than later. I hope the Warriors win tomorrow so that the reflection can wait for at least another series or two or three. Ideal sitation, the Warriors win a title again and cement their legacy as 5 time champions. The players can then spend of the rest of their careers either cementing their own personal legacies or maybe even retiring. Not many players go out on top.

BUT if the Warriors lose, the question if the dynasty is over will be be brought up. But it's ok. As a fan, we can reflect on the crappy teams we had to watch for years, then We Believe, then some more bad years, then Mark Jackson, then the Kerr era, etc, etc. Many bad times but the past decade has been good (for the most part).

DL

On Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 8:16:46 AM UTC-7, Robin Miller wrote:
> It was amazing to me how the Warriors fell apart last night. More than
> that, they seemed to have no passion from the beginning. They weren't
> playing "with force," as Kerr likes to put it. Previous years' teams
> would have methodically put away the opposing team in a close-out game.
> Last night's team had either no ability or no urgency in doing so.
>
> Part of the problem--a big part, probably--is that the bench is
> contributing close to nothing. Poole has fallen apart, Kuminga has
> become unplayable, at least in this series, DiVincenzo has been
> curiously ineffective (and his shooting has disappeared), GP2 doesn't
> play enough to make much of a difference (has he never fully recovered
> from his core injury? Missing his corner threes has hurt), and Moody has
> been limited to a few helpful minutes.
>
> I will remain hopeful for Sunday, but, even if they win, they don't
> appear destined for a long playoff run.
>
> --Robin

Re: Death knell of the dynasty?

<kb7gh2FtavcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5469&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5469

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 11:41:21 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 15:41 UTC

Donald Lee wrote:
> A few more things:
>
> Considering how retrospective I've been the past few months, I see why some of the Warriors are reflecting on their decade journey. As i mentioned, i suffered a foot injury back in December of 2022. I'm pretty much recovered now, after a long time limping around. I'm officiating and able to job / lightly run. I HAVE NOT yet gone back to try and play hoops yet. Been advised to take it easy and at my age (close to 50 now) to slow down. Some people said not to play basketball again at all. Not sure I can do that but I may have to adjust how much and how often I play with my other activities.

Hi Don, always great to hear from you.

My orthopedist doesn't want me to run at all, due to the arthritis in
both knees. But I love running so much that I can't stop, so my
compromise has been to run slowly (it's just a jog now) and not too far
(two miles at most). Nothing else gives me that feeling of relief from
stress and the world as running does. Walking, even quickly, has never
done anything for me emotionally (not sure that's the right word).

> But the injury made me realize that we aren't young and athletic forever. So I've been reflecting on all my amateur athletic accomplishments (high school sports, adult leagues, etc). I think the Warriors quietly see the writing on the wall as well even if they don't want to admit that their time may be up sooner than later. I hope the Warriors win tomorrow so that the reflection can wait for at least another series or two or three. Ideal sitation, the Warriors win a title again and cement their legacy as 5 time champions. The players can then spend of the rest of their careers either cementing their own personal legacies or maybe even retiring. Not many players go out on top.
>
> BUT if the Warriors lose, the question if the dynasty is over will be be brought up. But it's ok. As a fan, we can reflect on the crappy teams we had to watch for years, then We Believe, then some more bad years, then Mark Jackson, then the Kerr era, etc, etc. Many bad times but the past decade has been good (for the most part).
>
> DL

If they can't win one more title, I at least want them to go out
fighting fiercely, not fading into the night the way losing to
Sacramento would be to me. They showed nothing in game 6. It was so
disappointing.

--Robin

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / Re: Death knell of the dynasty?