From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: NBCSBA: Steph, Draymond lobbied Kerr to start JaMychal for sick Loon
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 00:33:52 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.16
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 6 May 2023 04:33 UTC

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/steph-curry-draymond-green-lobbied-steve-kerr-start-jamychal-green

Steph, Draymond lobbied Kerr to start JaMychal for sick Loon

4H ago
by Jarrod Castillo

JaMychal Green got the surprise start in Game 2 against the Los Angeles
Lakers on Thursday at Chase Center, thanks in part to Steph Curry and
Draymond Green.

In the latest episode of the "Draymond Green Show," the 33-year-old
forward revealed how Warriors coach Steve Kerr came to the decision to
start JaMychal Green over a sick Kevon Looney in Golden State's 127-100
win over Los Angeles.

"We had a conversation with coach, coach asked me and Steph what do we
think as far as who's starting, we were both like, 'Yeah, J-Mike for
sure,' " Draymond Green explained. "J-Mike gonna bring some toughness,
he obviously can space the floor, he played the last game so he kind of
got the feel of the series already. J-Mike for sure."

And JaMychal Green did not disappoint.

In his 12:32 of action, the stretch forward poured in 15 points on
6-of-9 shooting from the field and hit three of his six 3-point
attempts. He also dished out two assists and grabbed one rebound in his
spot start.

Before his 15-point performance against the Lakers in Game 2, the last
time JaMychal Green scored in double figures was against the
Philadelphia 76ers on March 24, when he scored 12 points in just over 13
minutes of action.

Despite playing less than 13 minutes as a starter Thursday, Draymond
Green believes that JaMychal Green's impact goes beyond the stat sheet.

"We needed J-Mike, he brought the physicality from the gate, which we
needed to meet force with force in starting this game -- he brought a
physicality and he knocked shots down," Draymond Green added. "And we
all know how capable he is in shooting the basketball -- he was huge
tonight -- we're going to continue to need him as this series goes on.

"J-Mike was huge for us, I'm happy he had the game that he had and most
importantly, I'm happy he stayed locked in ... True professional, way to
stay locked in J-Mike, that was huge."
RELATED: Green makes most of rare start, shines in Game 2 vs. Lakers

As the Warriors head down to Southern California for two games against
the Lakers, Golden State's coaching staff has to be happy knowing they
have another tool they can use to stretch the floor, if needed.

And it's all thanks to JaMychal Green making the most of the opportunity
that Draymond Green and Curry helped give him.

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / NBCSBA: Steph, Draymond lobbied Kerr to start JaMychal for sick Loon