When in doubt, lead trump.

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / Game 3: What The Heck Happened?

SubjectAuthor
* Game 3: What The Heck Happened?Donald Lee
`* Re: Game 3: What The Heck Happened?Robin Miller
 +- Re: Game 3: What The Heck Happened?Allen
 `* Re: Game 3: What The Heck Happened?Donald Lee
  `- Re: Game 3: What The Heck Happened?Robin Miller

1
Game 3: What The Heck Happened?

<ce657927-4beb-4caf-8d48-a2cdf0f431d3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5527&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5527

Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 18:05:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Game 3: What The Heck Happened?
From: coac...@gmail.com (Donald Lee)
 by: Donald Lee - Mon, 8 May 2023 01:05 UTC

Quiet in the group - but what the heck happened? Warriors looked to be in control and the game just went downhill in that second quarter.

Looks like things snowballed and the Warriors couldn't regain control.

The funny thing is that if the Warriors somehow Win Game 4, they are in control of the series.

If the Warriors somehow win a title this year, have we ever seen a Jekyll and Hyde team ever? Great one game and the absolute worst the next.

DL

Re: Game 3: What The Heck Happened?

<kbr67vFue0gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5528&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5528

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: Game 3: What The Heck Happened?
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 22:48:29 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 8 May 2023 02:48 UTC

Donald Lee wrote:
> Quiet in the group - but what the heck happened? Warriors looked to be in control and the game just went downhill in that second quarter.
>
> Looks like things snowballed and the Warriors couldn't regain control.
>
> The funny thing is that if the Warriors somehow Win Game 4, they are in control of the series.
>
> If the Warriors somehow win a title this year, have we ever seen a Jekyll and Hyde team ever? Great one game and the absolute worst the next.
>
> DL

I've seen some people point to the pass Steph threw down court to Klay,
who wasn't looking for it and ended up as a turnover. Things seemed to
snowball from there.

The free throw disparity forces the Warriors to make a lot more threes
than the Lakers. They did so in games one (which they should have won)
and two. They were actually outshot from three by the Lakers in game
three, giving them no chance of winning.

Game 4 is obviously huge. And I have no idea what to expect.

Getting very little from the reserves (Poole, DVD) is hurting.

--Robin

Re: Game 3: What The Heck Happened?

<u39rq2$3otii$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5529&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5529

From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 20:54:42 -0700
 by: Allen - Mon, 8 May 2023 03:54 UTC

On 5/7/2023 7:48 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
> Donald Lee wrote:
>> Quiet in the group - but what the heck happened?  Warriors looked to
>> be in control and the game just went downhill in that second quarter.
>>
>> Looks like things snowballed and the Warriors couldn't regain control.
>>
>> The funny thing is that if the Warriors somehow Win Game 4, they are
>> in control of the series.
>>
>> If the Warriors somehow win a title this year, have we ever seen a
>> Jekyll and Hyde team ever?  Great one game and the absolute worst the
>> next.
>>
>> DL
>>

> I've seen some people point to the pass Steph threw down court to Klay,
> who wasn't looking for it and ended up as a turnover. Things seemed to
> snowball from there.
>
> The free throw disparity forces the Warriors to make a lot more threes
> than the Lakers. They did so in games one (which they should have won)
> and two. They were actually outshot from three by the Lakers in game
> three, giving them no chance of winning.
>
> Game 4 is obviously huge. And I have no idea what to expect.
>
> Getting very little from the reserves (Poole, DVD) is hurting.
>
> --Robin

Jekyll and Hyde is right. Like Robin I don't know what to expect from
game 4.

Re: Game 3: What The Heck Happened?

<998fbcd6-3ab9-4099-9fd1-328a30d95170n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5533&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5533

Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 14:43:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: coac...@gmail.com (Donald Lee)
 by: Donald Lee - Mon, 8 May 2023 21:43 UTC

I was watching the game. Curry expressed some frustration after the pass.

Klay was also Jekyll and Hyde. He was hitting shots early but dribbling into traffic and make some obscenely bad passes.

Again, the warriors don't look like they can easily adapt to the way the Lakers are playing defense.

All the usual off ball screening is neutralized. There was some comments about the Warriors pick and roll and how the roller (Draymond / Looney) aren't big offensive threats.

Kuminga would be a lob threat and........WISEMAN might have been one too. Only mention it because GPII's playing time has been limited.

Wiseman probably couldn't defense Anthony Davis at all but could be an offensive threat. Roller, shoot the mid range......

Don

On Sunday, May 7, 2023 at 7:49:44 PM UTC-7, Robin Miller wrote:

> I've seen some people point to the pass Steph threw down court to Klay,
> who wasn't looking for it and ended up as a turnover. Things seemed to
> snowball from there.
>
> The free throw disparity forces the Warriors to make a lot more threes
> than the Lakers. They did so in games one (which they should have won)
> and two. They were actually outshot from three by the Lakers in game
> three, giving them no chance of winning.
>
> Game 4 is obviously huge. And I have no idea what to expect.
>
> Getting very little from the reserves (Poole, DVD) is hurting.
>
> --Robin

Re: Game 3: What The Heck Happened?

<kbtc6aFag62U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5534&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5534

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 18:42:15 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 8 May 2023 22:42 UTC

Donald Lee wrote:
> I was watching the game. Curry expressed some frustration after the pass.
>
> Klay was also Jekyll and Hyde. He was hitting shots early but dribbling into traffic and make some obscenely bad passes.
>
> Again, the warriors don't look like they can easily adapt to the way the Lakers are playing defense.
>
> All the usual off ball screening is neutralized. There was some comments about the Warriors pick and roll and how the roller (Draymond / Looney) aren't big offensive threats.
>
> Kuminga would be a lob threat and........WISEMAN might have been one too. Only mention it because GPII's playing time has been limited.
>
> Wiseman probably couldn't defense Anthony Davis at all but could be an offensive threat. Roller, shoot the mid range......
>
> Don

The Lakers' height is definitely giving the Warrior problems, more so
than other taller teams.

But the worse thing is that the Warriors haven't been able to keep it
together mentally. It's hard to understand after everything they have
been through over the last decade or so.

--Robin