NEWS FLASH!! Today the East German pole-vault champion became the West German pole-vault champion.

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / All Good Things........

SubjectAuthor
* All Good Things........Donald Lee
`* Re: All Good Things........Robin Miller
 `* Re: All Good Things........Donald Lee
  `- Re: All Good Things........Allen

1
All Good Things........

<3fd4935e-5abc-498f-bf6b-e62d026f3e45n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5540&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5540

Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 21:54:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: All Good Things........
From: coac...@gmail.com (Donald Lee)
 by: Donald Lee - Tue, 9 May 2023 04:54 UTC

Mus come to an end?

Is this the end of an era?

Klay was off tonight. Draymond had a decent game. Both players made some questionable plays at the end.

Only Curry looks like he still has it, though his shot was off.

Poole was relegate to the bench which probably helped the Warriors stay in the game.

The Lakers bench was the key. The Warriors used to have a bench like the Lakers but not anymore.

I'm not saying the Warriors are toast. They may well surprise us by beating the Lakers.

But the reality is this year's team is flawed and showing it greatly.

DL

Re: All Good Things........

<kbu4rpFe08iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5541&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5541

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: All Good Things........
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 01:43:18 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 9 May 2023 05:43 UTC

Donald Lee wrote:
> Mus come to an end?
>
> Is this the end of an era?
>
> Klay was off tonight. Draymond had a decent game. Both players made some questionable plays at the end.
>
> Only Curry looks like he still has it, though his shot was off.
>
> Poole was relegate to the bench which probably helped the Warriors stay in the game.
>
> The Lakers bench was the key. The Warriors used to have a bench like the Lakers but not anymore.
>
> I'm not saying the Warriors are toast. They may well surprise us by beating the Lakers.
>
> But the reality is this year's team is flawed and showing it greatly.
>
> DL

I really thought they were going to win this game, and then potentially
the series. But, even though Steph remains a superstar, Klay had nine
points and Poole had zero. Just can't win that way. Lonnie Walker had
more points in the fourth quarter than Klay had in the whole game.

Is Payton fighting his core injury again? Is that why he disappeared
early in the first period, and again in the fourth?

Looney looks like he is still ill.

I am bitterly disappointed. They still could win the series, with two
home games (potentially), but they would have to play a lot better. And
there's no reason to think that they will.

Sigh.

Really disappointing. They're not going out fighting, they are
dissolving as a team.

--Robin

Re: All Good Things........

<4a8a05d6-ad0c-4e85-8f8a-82221a78e192n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5542&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5542

Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 23:24:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: coac...@gmail.com (Donald Lee)
 by: Donald Lee - Tue, 9 May 2023 06:24 UTC

Ya - the Warriors are not showing a grit they had before. And maybe it's just not there with THIS team. Curry is a one man band.

DL

On Monday, May 8, 2023 at 10:43:24 PM UTC-7, Robin Miller wrote:

> I really thought they were going to win this game, and then potentially
> the series. But, even though Steph remains a superstar, Klay had nine
> points and Poole had zero. Just can't win that way. Lonnie Walker had
> more points in the fourth quarter than Klay had in the whole game.
>
> Is Payton fighting his core injury again? Is that why he disappeared
> early in the first period, and again in the fourth?
>
> Looney looks like he is still ill.
>
> I am bitterly disappointed. They still could win the series, with two
> home games (potentially), but they would have to play a lot better. And
> there's no reason to think that they will.
>
> Sigh.
>
> Really disappointing. They're not going out fighting, they are
> dissolving as a team.
>
> --Robin

Re: All Good Things........

<u3ev95$hub9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=5550&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#5550

From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 19:24:38 -0700
 by: Allen - Wed, 10 May 2023 02:24 UTC

On 5/8/2023 11:24 PM, Donald Lee wrote:
> Ya - the Warriors are not showing a grit they had before. And maybe it's just not there with THIS team. Curry is a one man band.
>
> DL

I agree that maybe it's just not there on this team. They didn't get
much from their other players, especially the bench. If Poole had a good
game I think they'd have won. If Klay had, if Wiggins stepped up and had
an above-average game, if Draymond had scored 20 pts, if DiVincenzo had
stepped up, if JaMychal had a game like game 2.

-Allen