From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Simon:_Warriors-Lakers_series_going_exactly_as_basketba
ll-playing_dog_predicted._Will_‘Air_Corg’_turn_
out_right?_[Ws_in_7]
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 19:42:25 -0700
 by: Allen - Wed, 10 May 2023 02:42 UTC

Warriors-Lakers series going exactly as basketball-playing dog
predicted. Will ‘Air Corg’ turn out right?
Lilo, the basketball-playing corgi on social media, has correctly
predicted all four games of the Warriors-Lakers series so far – and the
final result would be welcomed in the Bay Area
>Golden State Warriors’ Klay Thompson (11) guards Los Angeles Lakers’
D’Angelo Russell (1) during the first quarter of Game 3 of the NBA
basketball Western Conference semifinal playoffs at Crypto.com Arena in
Los Angeles, Calif., on Saturday, May 6, 2023. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay
Area News Group)
By ALEX SIMON | asimon@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: May 9, 2023 at 3:45 a.m. | UPDATED: May 9, 2023 at 10:54 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2023/05/09/warriors-lakers-series-going-exactly-as-basketball-playing-dog-predicted-will-air-corg-turn-out-right/

Could Warriors fans’ balm for their nerves over the next 36 hours before
Game 5 starts be … a very athletically-skilled dog?

Denny Ku and his corgi Lilo have been doing trick shot videos for over
three years now under the handle “aircorg” across several social media
platforms, with “Steph Furry” often playing with balls into
basketball-shaped garbage bins.

Lilo will frequently predict the results of how certain playoff matchups
will go, and did so for the Warriors-Lakers series before Game 1 last week.

So far, Lilo nailed each game exactly right, predicting the Lakers would
take a 3-1 series lead by dropping Game 2.

--
r/Warriors 🏆
@GSWReddit ·Follow

1:03 AM · May 2, 2023
5.7K Reply Share
--

Lilo’s prediction for the remainder of the series? The pup’s apparently
spot-on shooting predictions see the Warriors storming back, take Games

It wouldn’t be the first time Golden State has made that exact comeback,
either. The Warriors were in this exact position in the Western
Conference finals back in 2016, down 3-1 against the Thunder and needing
to win three in a row, including two at home. It’s in that series where
“Game 6 Klay” was born and the Warriors won to get to their second
Finals in a row.

Those Finals, of course, saw the Warriors blow their own 3-1 series
lead, to the Cleveland Cavaliers and LeBron James. The fact that the
shoe is on the other foot, and the Warriors have an opportunity to
potentially exact revenge on James with a comeback all these years
later, isn’t lost on anyone.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Warriors coach Steve Kerr doubles down on flopping comment after Game
4 loss
Warriors down 3-1: Comebacks are rare, but this core has done it before
Kurtenbach: Does the Warriors’ star trio have another magical playoff
run to make?
Jordan Poole has few answers amid tumultuous postseason
Warriors fall into 3-1 deficit, but find hope for comeback in how
they lost Game 4

“They’re probably saying, ‘Remember when we had them 3-1 and they came
back?’ Now, they have a chance to get LeBron back,” Shaquille O’Neal
said on TNT’s “Inside the NBA” after Game 4 on Monday night.

That thought resonated with the fan base when Lilo’s prediction came in.
The number one comment on the TikTok video that already at 5.6 million
views (as of Monday night)?

“Curry’s turn at the 3-1.”

Click here if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile device

Previous
Next
1 of 32
>Golden State Warriors’ Draymond Green (23) grabs his head after
falling on the floor during the second quarter of Game 4 of the NBA
basketball Western Conference semifinal playoffs at Crypto.com Arena in
Los Angeles, Calif., on Monday, May 8, 2023. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay
Area News Group)

--
Alex Simon | Sports Digital Strategist/Editor
Alex Simon is a sports digital strategist and editor for Bay Area News
Bay Area News Group. He’s been in journalism for years as an editor,
reporter and adjunct professor. Alex is a 2017 graduate of Elon
University with a BA in journalism and a 2019 graduate of Arizona State
University with a MA in journalism. He enjoys weekend adventures and
loves In-N-Out Burger a bit too much.

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / Simon: Warriors-Lakers series going exactly as basketball-playing dog predicted. Will ‘Air Corg’ turn out right? [Ws in 7]