Ever feel like life was a game and you had the wrong instruction book?

sport / rec.sport.football.college / Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democratmichael anderson
`* Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was liviJohnny RSFCootball
 `* Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democratmichael anderson
  +* Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democratxyzzy
  |`- Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democratmichael anderson
  `* Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his DemocratJohnny RSFCootball
   +* Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his DemocratTed Heise

1
Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<577ee453-3c94-496a-aa14-a9bc796b0395n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56122&group=rec.sport.football.college#56122

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 09:50:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat
wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris
From: mianders...@gmail.com (michael anderson)
 by: michael anderson - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 16:50 UTC

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 7:10:04 AM UTC-5, Sista Kamalah wrote:
> A Manhattan spinal surgeon has divorced his former beauty queen
> wife after discovering she lived a "secret life as a prostitute
> for wealthy men."
>
> In a 264-page court filing in New York Supreme Court, obtained
> by the New York Daily News, Han Jo Kim claimed his wife Regina
> Turner would tell him she was out with her girlfriends or
> traveling for work, but in reality, would be providing sexual
> services to men in exchange for money.
>
> Turner, 32, grew up in Connecticut and won her state's beauty
> pageant in 2011. She married spinal surgeon Kim in 2015, and the
> pair's Facebook pages show them often on glamorous vacations
> around the world.
>
> Kim, 41, earned more than $3 million in 2018

This is an example of how listed MGMA averages and even worse AMA averages in surveys are often nowhere close.

You'll see the average spine surgeon supposedly has a salary of like 500-550k, but just from common sense and knowing a few I know that is not right. Most that I know of are more in this
guys range. maybe some in academic circles
at the biggest academic centers are at the supposed but clearly incorrect 'average'.

it's like that in every specialty...even mine which pay a fraction of what those guys/girls earn. I think MGMA has the average salary in my specialty at like 280. Except at the VA and in academia(and pay in academia for new people is going to be much less than that), nobody is going to take a job for that.

I'm sure it's true across the board...these 'averages' are anything but. It's relevant to other fields as well because if you are a good employee they will try to fool you
with these nonsense surveys. You want and deserve a raise and know you are underpaid because you see everyone around you making 2-3x what you make, but when you go to
negotiate it they pull out these intrafield salary survey averages which are just nonsense....don't be fooled by it. Thats how I got screwed over on my first contract out of residency. I got 'average' salary first year out
for base pay and thought that was good because I was just out, but in reality the average salary was made up and just invented to rip people off....

Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<f9df0bb9-7906-4eb9-95f8-64094a509b95n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56124&group=rec.sport.football.college#56124

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 10:15:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris
From: jaymille...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 17:15 UTC

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 11:50:29 AM UTC-5, miande...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 7:10:04 AM UTC-5, Sista Kamalah wrote:
> > A Manhattan spinal surgeon has divorced his former beauty queen
> > wife after discovering she lived a "secret life as a prostitute
> > for wealthy men."
> >
> > In a 264-page court filing in New York Supreme Court, obtained
> > by the New York Daily News, Han Jo Kim claimed his wife Regina
> > Turner would tell him she was out with her girlfriends or
> > traveling for work, but in reality, would be providing sexual
> > services to men in exchange for money.
> >
> > Turner, 32, grew up in Connecticut and won her state's beauty
> > pageant in 2011. She married spinal surgeon Kim in 2015, and the
> > pair's Facebook pages show them often on glamorous vacations
> > around the world.
> >
> > Kim, 41, earned more than $3 million in 2018
> This is an example of how listed MGMA averages and even worse AMA averages in surveys are often nowhere close.
>
> You'll see the average spine surgeon supposedly has a salary of like 500-550k, but just from common sense and knowing a few I know that is not right.. Most that I know of are more in this
> guys range. maybe some in academic circles
> at the biggest academic centers are at the supposed but clearly incorrect 'average'.
>
> it's like that in every specialty...even mine which pay a fraction of what those guys/girls earn. I think MGMA has the average salary in my specialty at like 280. Except at the VA and in academia(and pay in academia for new people is going to be much less than that), nobody is going to take a job for that.
>
> I'm sure it's true across the board...these 'averages' are anything but. It's relevant to other fields as well because if you are a good employee they will try to fool you
> with these nonsense surveys. You want and deserve a raise and know you are underpaid because you see everyone around you making 2-3x what you make, but when you go to
> negotiate it they pull out these intrafield salary survey averages which are just nonsense....don't be fooled by it. Thats how I got screwed over on my first contract out of residency. I got 'average' salary first year out
> for base pay and thought that was good because I was just out, but in reality the average salary was made up and just invented to rip people off....

Anytime you heard the word “average” in the context of salaries, your first thought should be median or mean?

Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<287adfe7-9b5b-47aa-9c0b-b4093bc476ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56126&group=rec.sport.football.college#56126

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 10:27:05 -0700 (PDT)
wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris
From: mianders...@gmail.com (michael anderson)
 by: michael anderson - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 17:27 UTC

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 12:15:26 PM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
> On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 11:50:29 AM UTC-5, miande...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 7:10:04 AM UTC-5, Sista Kamalah wrote:
> > > A Manhattan spinal surgeon has divorced his former beauty queen
> > > wife after discovering she lived a "secret life as a prostitute
> > > for wealthy men."
> > >
> > > In a 264-page court filing in New York Supreme Court, obtained
> > > by the New York Daily News, Han Jo Kim claimed his wife Regina
> > > Turner would tell him she was out with her girlfriends or
> > > traveling for work, but in reality, would be providing sexual
> > > services to men in exchange for money.
> > >
> > > Turner, 32, grew up in Connecticut and won her state's beauty
> > > pageant in 2011. She married spinal surgeon Kim in 2015, and the
> > > pair's Facebook pages show them often on glamorous vacations
> > > around the world.
> > >
> > > Kim, 41, earned more than $3 million in 2018
> > This is an example of how listed MGMA averages and even worse AMA averages in surveys are often nowhere close.
> >
> > You'll see the average spine surgeon supposedly has a salary of like 500-550k, but just from common sense and knowing a few I know that is not right. Most that I know of are more in this
> > guys range. maybe some in academic circles
> > at the biggest academic centers are at the supposed but clearly incorrect 'average'.
> >
> > it's like that in every specialty...even mine which pay a fraction of what those guys/girls earn. I think MGMA has the average salary in my specialty at like 280. Except at the VA and in academia(and pay in academia for new people is going to be much less than that), nobody is going to take a job for that.
> >
> > I'm sure it's true across the board...these 'averages' are anything but.. It's relevant to other fields as well because if you are a good employee they will try to fool you
> > with these nonsense surveys. You want and deserve a raise and know you are underpaid because you see everyone around you making 2-3x what you make, but when you go to
> > negotiate it they pull out these intrafield salary survey averages which are just nonsense....don't be fooled by it. Thats how I got screwed over on my first contract out of residency. I got 'average' salary first year out
> > for base pay and thought that was good because I was just out, but in reality the average salary was made up and just invented to rip people off.....
> Anytime you heard the word “average” in the context of salaries, your first thought should be median or mean?

To me when I hear that word in context of salaries I think it means mean......the point is though that(at least when done by MGMA and AMA types) it's not an accurate mean, median, or mode.

In general I think such things are put out by the industry to try to rip employees off and mislead them. My guess is that the surveys are so flawed due to the type of people that respond.

Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<73f91a4b-adc1-4dcb-84aa-e289d82ba7ben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56127&group=rec.sport.football.college#56127

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 10:58:05 -0700 (PDT)
wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris
From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
 by: xyzzy - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 17:58 UTC

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 1:27:07 PM UTC-4, miande...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 12:15:26 PM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:

> > > This is an example of how listed MGMA averages and even worse AMA averages in surveys are often nowhere close.
> > >
> > > You'll see the average spine surgeon supposedly has a salary of like 500-550k, but just from common sense and knowing a few I know that is not right. Most that I know of are more in this
> > > guys range. maybe some in academic circles
> > > at the biggest academic centers are at the supposed but clearly incorrect 'average'.
> > >
> > > it's like that in every specialty...even mine which pay a fraction of what those guys/girls earn. I think MGMA has the average salary in my specialty at like 280. Except at the VA and in academia(and pay in academia for new people is going to be much less than that), nobody is going to take a job for that.
> > >
> > > I'm sure it's true across the board...these 'averages' are anything but. It's relevant to other fields as well because if you are a good employee they will try to fool you
> > > with these nonsense surveys. You want and deserve a raise and know you are underpaid because you see everyone around you making 2-3x what you make, but when you go to
> > > negotiate it they pull out these intrafield salary survey averages which are just nonsense....don't be fooled by it. Thats how I got screwed over on my first contract out of residency. I got 'average' salary first year out
> > > for base pay and thought that was good because I was just out, but in reality the average salary was made up and just invented to rip people off.....
> > Anytime you heard the word “average” in the context of salaries, your first thought should be median or mean?
> To me when I hear that word in context of salaries I think it means mean......the point is though that(at least when done by MGMA and AMA types) it's not an accurate mean, median, or mode.
>
> In general I think such things are put out by the industry to try to rip employees off and mislead them. My guess is that the surveys are so flawed due to the type of people that respond.

Similarly I think glassdoor.com is an employer plant to get people to accept lowball salaries. Whenever I see my employer's salaries reported on there I think I'm doing pretty well. But then I go to levels.fyi which seems to have more real data and is more tech-focused, and I'm like damb, I'm underpaid. I plan to use levels.fyi data at my next salary discussion for sure.

Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<b03b7bf0-f061-4b28-be26-7b9f7254ee07n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56128&group=rec.sport.football.college#56128

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 12:27:39 -0700 (PDT)
wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris
From: jaymille...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 19:27 UTC

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 12:27:07 PM UTC-5, miande...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 12:15:26 PM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:

> > > This is an example of how listed MGMA averages and even worse AMA averages in surveys are often nowhere close.
> > >
> > > You'll see the average spine surgeon supposedly has a salary of like 500-550k, but just from common sense and knowing a few I know that is not right. Most that I know of are more in this
> > > guys range. maybe some in academic circles
> > > at the biggest academic centers are at the supposed but clearly incorrect 'average'.
> > >
> > > it's like that in every specialty...even mine which pay a fraction of what those guys/girls earn. I think MGMA has the average salary in my specialty at like 280. Except at the VA and in academia(and pay in academia for new people is going to be much less than that), nobody is going to take a job for that.
> > >
> > > I'm sure it's true across the board...these 'averages' are anything but. It's relevant to other fields as well because if you are a good employee they will try to fool you
> > > with these nonsense surveys. You want and deserve a raise and know you are underpaid because you see everyone around you making 2-3x what you make, but when you go to
> > > negotiate it they pull out these intrafield salary survey averages which are just nonsense....don't be fooled by it. Thats how I got screwed over on my first contract out of residency. I got 'average' salary first year out
> > > for base pay and thought that was good because I was just out, but in reality the average salary was made up and just invented to rip people off.....
> > Anytime you heard the word “average” in the context of salaries, your first thought should be median or mean?
> To me when I hear that word in context of salaries I think it means mean......the point is though that(at least when done by MGMA and AMA types) it's not an accurate mean, median, or mode.
>
> In general I think such things are put out by the industry to try to rip employees off and mislead them. My guess is that the surveys are so flawed due to the type of people that respond.

Salary distributions aren’t alway symmetric, which means that the median might be a better representation of a “typical” salary than the mean. For example, in the US, the mean household income is significantly higher than the median household income.

Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<slrnsh322h.a53.theise@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56129&group=rec.sport.football.college#56129

From: the...@panix.com (Ted Heise)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 19:56:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ted Heise - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 19:56 UTC

On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 12:27:39 -0700 (PDT),
Johnny RSFCootball <jaymiller1969protonmail@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 12:27:07 PM UTC-5, miande...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 12:15:26 PM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:

> > > Anytime you heard the word ???average??? in the context of
> > > salaries, your first thought should be median or mean?

> > To me when I hear that word in context of salaries I think it
> > means mean.....the point is though that(at least when done by
> > MGMA and AMA types) it's not an accurate mean, median, or
> > mode.
> >
> > In general I think such things are put out by the industry to
> > try to rip employees off and mislead them. My guess is that
> > the surveys are so flawed due to the type of people that
> > respond.
>
> Salary distributions aren???t alway symmetric, which means that
> the median might be a better representation of a ???typical???
> salary than the mean. For example, in the US, the mean
> household income is significantly higher than the median
> household income.

Just like the old saw that the vast majority of humans have less
than the average number of legs.

Can't wait for VB season to start!

--
Ted Heise <theise@panix.com> West Lafayette, IN, USA

Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<4be5f577-98b7-437b-819d-d07a50224414n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56133&group=rec.sport.football.college#56133

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 15:17:30 -0700 (PDT)
wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris
From: jaymille...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 22:17 UTC

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 2:56:04 PM UTC-5, Ted Heise wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 12:27:39 -0700 (PDT),
> Johnny RSFCootball <jaymiller19...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > To me when I hear that word in context of salaries I think it
> > > means mean.....the point is though that(at least when done by
> > > MGMA and AMA types) it's not an accurate mean, median, or
> > > mode.
> > >
> > > In general I think such things are put out by the industry to
> > > try to rip employees off and mislead them. My guess is that
> > > the surveys are so flawed due to the type of people that
> > > respond.
> >
> > Salary distributions aren???t alway symmetric, which means that
> > the median might be a better representation of a ???typical???
> > salary than the mean. For example, in the US, the mean
> > household income is significantly higher than the median
> > household income.
> Just like the old saw that the vast majority of humans have less
> than the average number of legs.
>
> Can't wait for VB season to start!
>
> --
> Ted Heise <the...@panix.com> West Lafayette, IN, USA

To make an analogy with US incomes, imagine you had a set of 100 people, 90 of which had two legs, 8 with one leg, and two with 100,000 legs. The median number of legs is probably a better “average” than the mean.

Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<f2983a97-9b2a-4e76-8cb7-6a95dde16fbbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56141&group=rec.sport.football.college#56141

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 05:54:54 -0700 (PDT)
wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris
From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
 by: xyzzy - Tue, 10 Aug 2021 12:54 UTC

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 6:17:32 PM UTC-4, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
> On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 2:56:04 PM UTC-5, Ted Heise wrote:
> > On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 12:27:39 -0700 (PDT),
> > Johnny RSFCootball <jaymiller19...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Salary distributions aren???t alway symmetric, which means that
> > > the median might be a better representation of a ???typical???
> > > salary than the mean. For example, in the US, the mean
> > > household income is significantly higher than the median
> > > household income.
> > Just like the old saw that the vast majority of humans have less
> > than the average number of legs.
> >
> > Can't wait for VB season to start!
> >
> > --
> > Ted Heise <the...@panix.com> West Lafayette, IN, USA
> To make an analogy with US incomes, imagine you had a set of 100 people, 90 of which had two legs, 8 with one leg, and two with 100,000 legs. The median number of legs is probably a better “average” than the mean.

The analogy that stuck with me was an NBA team with two superstars making $40million/year and 13 scrubs making the league minimum of $925k. If you told the scrubs that their average team salary is $7 million/year, they'd laugh at you. If you told them the median is $925k they'd be like "yep, sounds about right."

Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<56862a24-847c-4014-a3c0-fc411777aae5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56143&group=rec.sport.football.college#56143

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 10:18:27 -0700 (PDT)
wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris
From: mianders...@gmail.com (michael anderson)
 by: michael anderson - Tue, 10 Aug 2021 17:18 UTC

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 2:27:41 PM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
> On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 12:27:07 PM UTC-5, miande...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Anytime you heard the word “average” in the context of salaries, your first thought should be median or mean?
> > To me when I hear that word in context of salaries I think it means mean.....the point is though that(at least when done by MGMA and AMA types) it's not an accurate mean, median, or mode.
> >
> > In general I think such things are put out by the industry to try to rip employees off and mislead them. My guess is that the surveys are so flawed due to the type of people that respond.
> Salary distributions aren’t alway symmetric, which means that the median might be a better representation of a “typical” salary than the mean. For example, in the US, the mean household income is significantly higher than the median household income.

sure, but in the case I am most interested in(average psychiatrist salaries adjusted to a 40 hr week), the differences from the mean and median aren't going to be that big.

Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<5e6ffc47-6816-4459-94b4-afb064acac7fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56144&group=rec.sport.football.college#56144

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 10:31:50 -0700 (PDT)
wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris
From: mianders...@gmail.com (michael anderson)
 by: michael anderson - Tue, 10 Aug 2021 17:31 UTC

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 12:58:07 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 1:27:07 PM UTC-4, miande...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Anytime you heard the word “average” in the context of salaries, your first thought should be median or mean?
> > To me when I hear that word in context of salaries I think it means mean.....the point is though that(at least when done by MGMA and AMA types) it's not an accurate mean, median, or mode.
> >
> > In general I think such things are put out by the industry to try to rip employees off and mislead them. My guess is that the surveys are so flawed due to the type of people that respond.
> Similarly I think glassdoor.com is an employer plant to get people to accept lowball salaries. Whenever I see my employer's salaries reported on there I think I'm doing pretty well. But then I go to levels.fyi which seems to have more real data and is more tech-focused, and I'm like damb, I'm underpaid. I plan to use levels.fyi data at my next salary discussion for sure.

lol I went on there and typed in 'psychiatrist' and 'birmingham, al' and apparently our average salaries here are *much* less than we pay starting nurse practitioners out of school we look to hire. The people I supervise will be surprised to know they make much more than me.

Maybe a few people put in prank submissions and the volume(maybe n = 4?) is so low as to crank out a meaningless number, but safe to say in this case it wasn't a real number.

Like I said even the 'best' salary surveys in my field(which is MGMA) are still nowhere close in terms of reality. We would gladly pay 15% above right now for a salaried no weekend no call job above MGMA average for
inpatient psychiatrist. And we can't fill the position. And other parts of Alabama pay much more than here.

Similar(but perhaps less severe) for hospitalists/internists in the area. Their salary ranges are listed as about the same as ours, yet they aren't going to work for that either. The internists I know who are hustling and doing inpatient(not even high volume outpt which for them can be where the real money is) have cobbled together their inpatient roles where their salary is easily 450+.....nobody is working for this supposed
average salary of 278k as a full time internist inpatient/hospitalist either. Now *one* of their jobs in the work they have cobbled together may pay that much, but if thats the case they have other paid responsibilities as well.

Bottom line- if any potential employer starts talking about these supposed average salaries from surveys, just laugh and instead shift the discussion to what you *know* actual people are making
in the area with similar skills and responsibilities as you. This is how I know I was getting screwed over. Like I said I took a job right out of residency for a little over MGMA average and I thought that was good, then
when I actually find out how much my colleagues(who I was generating more rvus than) at the time were actually making, I felt incredibly duped and just had to ride that out.

Now I have a decent setup and like where my total number will fall each year, but it was a painful lesson learned....

Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<b32d84a8-026c-4ed7-9ab0-8f0051aea17fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56162&group=rec.sport.football.college#56162

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 06:01:27 -0700 (PDT)
wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris
From: jaymille...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 13:01 UTC

On Tuesday, August 10, 2021 at 12:18:29 PM UTC-5, miande...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 2:27:41 PM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:

> > > To me when I hear that word in context of salaries I think it means mean.....the point is though that(at least when done by MGMA and AMA types) it's not an accurate mean, median, or mode.
> > >
> > > In general I think such things are put out by the industry to try to rip employees off and mislead them. My guess is that the surveys are so flawed due to the type of people that respond.
> > Salary distributions aren’t alway symmetric, which means that the median might be a better representation of a “typical” salary than the mean. For example, in the US, the mean household income is significantly higher than the median household income.
> sure, but in the case I am most interested in(average psychiatrist salaries adjusted to a 40 hr week), the differences from the mean and median aren't going to be that big.

Have you considered becoming one of those TV “doctors”, like Dr Phil or Dr Oz? That’s probably an easy way to being even more overpaid.

Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<e60200a5-931f-4c21-8682-3fd6ba0c8145n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56169&group=rec.sport.football.college#56169

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 10:36:46 -0700 (PDT)
wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris
From: mianders...@gmail.com (michael anderson)
 by: michael anderson - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 17:36 UTC

On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 8:01:29 AM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 10, 2021 at 12:18:29 PM UTC-5, miande...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Salary distributions aren’t alway symmetric, which means that the median might be a better representation of a “typical” salary than the mean. For example, in the US, the mean household income is significantly higher than the median household income.
> > sure, but in the case I am most interested in(average psychiatrist salaries adjusted to a 40 hr week), the differences from the mean and median aren't going to be that big.
> Have you considered becoming one of those TV “doctors”, like Dr Phil or Dr Oz? That’s probably an easy way to being even more overpaid.

I don't have a very telegenic look or personality lol....but Im definately not overpaid now. I wish I was lmao, but it didn't work out that way.

Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<e2c9c202-d5f3-4d88-9f10-05dfb436c36dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56183&group=rec.sport.football.college#56183

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 16:59:00 -0700 (PDT)
References: <fd022436c640ad642d9c8436a770ccbc@dizum.com> <577ee453-3c94-496a-aa14-a9bc796b0395n@googlegroups.com> <f9df0bb9-7906-4eb9-95f8-64094a509b95n@googlegroups.com> <287adfe7-9b5b-47aa-9c0b-b4093bc476ecn@googlegroups.com> <b03b7bf0-f061-4b28-be26-7b9f7254ee07n@googlegroups.com> <56862a24-847c-4014-a3c0-fc411777aae5n@googlegroups.com> <b32d84a8-026c-4ed7-9ab0-8f0051aea17fn@googlegroups.com> <e60200a5-931f-4c21-8682-3fd6ba0c8145n@googlegroups.com>
From: jaymille...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 23:59 UTC

On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 12:36:48 PM UTC-5, miande...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 8:01:29 AM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:

> > > sure, but in the case I am most interested in(average psychiatrist salaries adjusted to a 40 hr week), the differences from the mean and median aren't going to be that big.
> > Have you considered becoming one of those TV “doctors”, like Dr Phil or Dr Oz? That’s probably an easy way to being even more overpaid.
> I don't have a very telegenic look or personality lol....but Im definately not overpaid now. I wish I was lmao, but it didn't work out that way.

Dr Phil isn’t exactly George Clooney. Come on… don’t you want your salary to be even more ridiculous than what it supposedly is right now for doing an even cushier job?

Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<0c50ba84-e13b-4bc2-9b7f-76d5d957e334n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56210&group=rec.sport.football.college#56210

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 10:53:31 -0700 (PDT)
wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris
From: mianders...@gmail.com (michael anderson)
 by: michael anderson - Thu, 12 Aug 2021 17:53 UTC

On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 6:59:01 PM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 12:36:48 PM UTC-5, miande...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Have you considered becoming one of those TV “doctors”, like Dr Phil or Dr Oz? That’s probably an easy way to being even more overpaid.
> > I don't have a very telegenic look or personality lol....but Im definately not overpaid now. I wish I was lmao, but it didn't work out that way.
> Dr Phil isn’t exactly George Clooney. Come on… don’t you want your salary to be even more ridiculous than what it supposedly is right now for doing an even cushier job?

my job is certainly not cushy now and sadly I make less than many of my colleagues here.

Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<7a5aa204-81d1-4ae5-b2c0-f091fb2d2581n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56222&group=rec.sport.football.college#56222

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 19:35:48 -0700 (PDT)
wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris
From: jaymille...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Fri, 13 Aug 2021 02:35 UTC

On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 12:53:33 PM UTC-5, miande...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 6:59:01 PM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:

> > > I don't have a very telegenic look or personality lol....but Im definately not overpaid now. I wish I was lmao, but it didn't work out that way.
> > Dr Phil isn’t exactly George Clooney. Come on… don’t you want your salary to be even more ridiculous than what it supposedly is right now for doing an even cushier job?
> my job is certainly not cushy now and sadly I make less than many of my colleagues here.

I meant compared to normal everyday hard working Americans. I’m sure your colleagues are also overpaid and also probably have soft hands and lots of free time to participate in internet chat groups during working hours.

Re: Millionaire New York surgeon claims he discovered his Democrat wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris

<8baf4d42-557a-4719-a4f1-eb0294818184n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56227&group=rec.sport.football.college#56227

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 06:21:59 -0700 (PDT)
wife was living a secret life as a whore like Kamala Harris
From: mianders...@gmail.com (michael anderson)
 by: michael anderson - Fri, 13 Aug 2021 13:21 UTC

nope, still not overpaid lol....