[Babe] Ruth made a big mistake when he gave up pitching. -- Tris Speaker, 1921

sport / rec.sport.football.college / Re: So whats the take now.....

SubjectAuthor
* So whats the take now.....michael anderson
`* Re: So whats the take now.....Johnny RSFCootball
 `* Re: So whats the take now.....michael anderson
  `* Re: So whats the take now.....leonard hofstatder
   `* Re: So whats the take now.....michael anderson
    `- Re: So whats the take now.....Johnny RSFCootball

1
So whats the take now.....

<d36f8bda-828d-43dd-801f-515245a62e64n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56530&group=rec.sport.football.college#56530

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 10:31:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: So whats the take now.....
From: mianders...@gmail.com (michael anderson)
 by: michael anderson - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 17:31 UTC

On that assessment I made the middle of 2019(almost 2 years ago) where I
pointed out that Alabama's top 4 wide recievers are all first round draft picks.....

it was mostly ridicule and jeers and "jeudy and who else?".....

just checking, where did Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith,and Waddle get drafted again?

Re: So whats the take now.....

<0749b7ee-3470-4f5c-9c4a-bc51aaaf1b7dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56537&group=rec.sport.football.college#56537

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 16:07:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: So whats the take now.....
From: jaymille...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 23:07 UTC

On Saturday, September 4, 2021 at 12:31:36 PM UTC-5, miande...@gmail.com wrote:
> On that assessment I made the middle of 2019(almost 2 years ago) where I
> pointed out that Alabama's top 4 wide recievers are all first round draft picks.....
>
> it was mostly ridicule and jeers and "jeudy and who else?".....
>
> just checking, where did Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith,and Waddle get drafted again?

What about the moran who said there’s no way that Bama could win the MNC after waddle got hurt? That had to be one of the worst takes ever.

Re: So whats the take now.....

<0b0f8c0b-e46b-4982-80f1-56ca6bffc66en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56550&group=rec.sport.football.college#56550

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 20:17:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: mianders...@gmail.com (michael anderson)
 by: michael anderson - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 03:17 UTC

On Saturday, September 4, 2021 at 6:07:33 PM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
> On Saturday, September 4, 2021 at 12:31:36 PM UTC-5, miande...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On that assessment I made the middle of 2019(almost 2 years ago) where I
> > pointed out that Alabama's top 4 wide recievers are all first round draft picks.....
> >
> > it was mostly ridicule and jeers and "jeudy and who else?".....
> >
> > just checking, where did Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith,and Waddle get drafted again?
> What about the moran who said there’s no way that Bama could win the MNC after waddle got hurt? That had to be one of the worst takes ever.

dont remember saying that. I remember saying it was an injury that would hurt because we would only have
Smith as a great recieving option, but I don't remember sahying there was no way Bama could win without waddle. Most
likely because I never did say it

Re: So whats the take now.....

<sh1fku$3ch$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56556&group=rec.sport.football.college#56556

From: n.n...@comcast.net (leonard hofstatder)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 23:04:47 -0500
 by: leonard hofstatder - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 04:04 UTC

On 9/4/2021 10:17 PM, michael anderson wrote:
> On Saturday, September 4, 2021 at 6:07:33 PM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
>> On Saturday, September 4, 2021 at 12:31:36 PM UTC-5, miande...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> On that assessment I made the middle of 2019(almost 2 years ago) where I
>>> pointed out that Alabama's top 4 wide recievers are all first round draft picks.....
>>>
>>> it was mostly ridicule and jeers and "jeudy and who else?".....
>>>
>>> just checking, where did Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith,and Waddle get drafted again?
>> What about the moran who said there’s no way that Bama could win the MNC after waddle got hurt? That had to be one of the worst takes ever.
>
> dont remember saying that. I remember saying it was an injury that would hurt because we would only have
> Smith as a great recieving option, but I don't remember sahying there was no way Bama could win without waddle. Most
> likely because I never did say it

K, so I was bored and did some Googling and searched "Waddle" in
groups.....recall any of these?

....Waddle out for year. Byebye season....

....This is a devastating play that effectively eliminates Alabama from
the national title pictire.

....Clemson and Ohio State(who will play for the national title or
defacto national title due to this waddle injury)

....I think we saw how with the loss of Waddle the team went from
national championship favorite to a good team that will make the playoff
but can't compete with the true contenders now(Ohio State and Clemson).
Smith is great, but it was the combination of Waddle and Smith that made
them unstoppable. Lacking waddle, we are going to rely on the run more
and that's going to be less efficient than throwing to waddle and smith.
It's just sad- Alabama is still a good team and a good offense, but as I
expected it's totally different without Waddle. Last year it wouldn't
have made as big a difference obviously with all 4, but this year with
just 2 and then 1 goes down......I'll still enjoy the games but this is
really the first time since I have moved to Alabama that it's the start
of November and I don't believe Alabama can win the national title.

....It's also interesting that in those 13 years this is the only year at
this time they didn't have a likely chance to win the national title. We
aren't really national title contenders due to the waddle injury, but
we'll still make the playoffs(even if florida beats us in sec title game)

....Alabama-Ky score looks nice, but this is *not* the same team without
Waddle and they can't win it all. You lose the best player in the
country and
thats to be expected though. We'll have to settle for 10-1 with an sec
west title and a playoff bid and semifinal exit or 11-0 and an sec title
and a national title game loss(because in that case we would get the #1
seed and likely play a worse team). Either way, what could have been if
not for the waddle injury....

....what Im saying is those odds are wrong(thats what they should be with
waddle). The waddle injury is too much.

....I've said all along that with Waddle out, I just can't see them
winning the national title this year. He was too big of a loss.

Now I can get the field at +140. Let's be real...gotta take that. Value
too great. I'm winning 140 dollars on every 100 dollas I bet. That's
just too good for a team without Waddle when Clemson and Ohio State are
likely playoff teams.

Bet: field to win national title/college football playoff) over Alabama,
+140
risking 25 units(yes....25)

Re: So whats the take now.....

<f2cc1398-b7a7-44c3-9a22-3b924475ed19n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56587&group=rec.sport.football.college#56587

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 12:17:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: mianders...@gmail.com (michael anderson)
 by: michael anderson - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 19:17 UTC

On Saturday, September 4, 2021 at 11:04:50 PM UTC-5, leonard hofstatder wrote:
> [...]
> west title and a playoff bid and semifinal exit or 11-0 and an sec title
> and a national title game loss(because in that case we would get the #1
> seed and likely play a worse team). Either way, what could have been if
> not for the waddle injury....
>

> ...what Im saying is those odds are wrong(thats what they should be with
> waddle). The waddle injury is too much.
>

> ...I've said all along that with Waddle out, I just can't see them
> winning the national title this year. He was too big of a loss.
>
> Now I can get the field at +140. Let's be real...gotta take that. Value

> too great. I'm winning 140 dollars on every 100 dollas I bet. That's
> just too good for a team without Waddle when Clemson and Ohio State are
> likely playoff teams.
>
> Bet: field to win national title/college football playoff) over Alabama,

so I was wrong on that bet/prediction but more than made up for it by the recievers comment than like 10 people
ridiculed. It happens.

Re: So whats the take now.....

<a4fa15f2-cbfc-49e7-885d-6f64759c2bd5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56592&group=rec.sport.football.college#56592

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 12:29:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: jaymille...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 19:29 UTC

On Sunday, September 5, 2021 at 2:17:29 PM UTC-5, miande...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> > seed and likely play a worse team). Either way, what could have been if
> > not for the waddle injury....
> >

> > ...what Im saying is those odds are wrong(thats what they should be with
> > waddle). The waddle injury is too much.
> >

> > ...I've said all along that with Waddle out, I just can't see them
> > winning the national title this year. He was too big of a loss.
> >
> > Now I can get the field at +140. Let's be real...gotta take that. Value
>
> > too great. I'm winning 140 dollars on every 100 dollas I bet. That's
> > just too good for a team without Waddle when Clemson and Ohio State are
> > likely playoff teams.
> >
> > Bet: field to win national title/college football playoff) over Alabama,
> > +140
> > risking 25 units(yes....25)
> so I was wrong on that bet/prediction but more than made up for it by the recievers comment than like 10 people

It takes like 10 bad takes to match your one bad take about it being impossible for alabama to win the mnc after the waddle injury.