Support Bingo, keep Grandma off the streets.

sport / rec.sport.football.college / The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

SubjectAuthor
* The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesxyzzy
+* Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesmichael anderson
|`* Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesxyzzy
| +- Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesMichael Falkner
| `* Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesmichael anderson
|  `* Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesxyzzy
|   `* Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesmichael anderson
|    `* Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesKen Olson
|     `- Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesmichael anderson
`* Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesjimbr...@yahoo.com
 +* Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesEric Ramon
 |`- Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesjimbr...@yahoo.com
 +* Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesJGibson
 |+* Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesxyzzy
 ||`- Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesJohnny RSFCootball
 |`* Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesjimbr...@yahoo.com
 | `- Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesxyzzy
 `- Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselvesRoddyMcCorley

1
The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<shnil3$bbc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56844&group=rec.sport.football.college#56844

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Subject: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 13:10:59 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Wb4dvrBNf2uYZAgh3COW6/LFdww=
 by: xyzzy - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 13:10 UTC

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1279025

They said he died at Rush Foundation Hospital in Meridian, Mississippi,
after staff members at Cullman Regional Medical Center contacted 43 ICUs
and were unable to find him a bed.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<f22312eb-d442-441a-8ff1-fc8acf5b6238n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56846&group=rec.sport.football.college#56846

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 06:32:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves
From: mianders...@gmail.com (michael anderson)
 by: michael anderson - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 13:32 UTC

On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:11:02 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1279025
>
> They said he died at Rush Foundation Hospital in Meridian, Mississippi,
> after staff members at Cullman Regional Medical Center contacted 43 ICUs
> and were unable to find him a bed.

I'm confused- did he die in Cullman, Al or at Cullman Regional or did he die in Rush Hospital in Mississippi?
Because why would Cullman be looking for him a bed if he were in Mississippi hospital.

Also, it never said all those 43 ICUS were full. I know for a fact that right now there is at least one ICU here that has beds open. It says they were not able to find him a bed. Which is a big difference.....for all we knew
places with open beds just didnt take him for various other reasons.

It's just a butchered article, which is not uncommon.

> --
> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<4e8c7d10-a8c2-494c-acd7-d12b7d51ad63n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56852&group=rec.sport.football.college#56852

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 06:46:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
 by: xyzzy - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 13:46 UTC

On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 9:32:57 AM UTC-4, miande...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:11:02 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> > https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1279025
> >
> > They said he died at Rush Foundation Hospital in Meridian, Mississippi,
> > after staff members at Cullman Regional Medical Center contacted 43 ICUs
> > and were unable to find him a bed.
> I'm confused- did he die in Cullman, Al or at Cullman Regional or did he die in Rush Hospital in Mississippi?
> Because why would Cullman be looking for him a bed if he were in Mississippi hospital.
>
> Also, it never said all those 43 ICUS were full. I know for a fact that right now there is at least one ICU here that has beds open. It says they were not able to find him a bed. Which is a big difference.....for all we knew
> places with open beds just didnt take him for various other reasons.

The 44th ICU they contacted, the one in Missisippi, took him and he died there.

It's not that hard to understand unless you just don't want to.

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<eecf61a3-4cb4-4beb-8676-dd291a8a96ffn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56854&group=rec.sport.football.college#56854

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 06:53:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 13:53 UTC

On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 6:46:45 AM UTC-7, xyzzy wrote:
> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 9:32:57 AM UTC-4, miande...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:11:02 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> > > https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1279025
> > >
> > > They said he died at Rush Foundation Hospital in Meridian, Mississippi,
> > > after staff members at Cullman Regional Medical Center contacted 43 ICUs
> > > and were unable to find him a bed.
> > I'm confused- did he die in Cullman, Al or at Cullman Regional or did he die in Rush Hospital in Mississippi?
> > Because why would Cullman be looking for him a bed if he were in Mississippi hospital.
> >
> > Also, it never said all those 43 ICUS were full. I know for a fact that right now there is at least one ICU here that has beds open. It says they were not able to find him a bed. Which is a big difference.....for all we knew
> > places with open beds just didnt take him for various other reasons.
> The 44th ICU they contacted, the one in Missisippi, took him and he died there.
>
> It's not that hard to understand unless you just don't want to.

The irony of that statement is lost on Alpha Male Republican Morons like Mia.

Mike

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<95fbcba9-aaf7-4671-a098-f45c2a246a45n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56860&group=rec.sport.football.college#56860

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 09:59:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: mianders...@gmail.com (michael anderson)
 by: michael anderson - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 16:59 UTC

On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:46:45 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 9:32:57 AM UTC-4, miande...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:11:02 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> > > https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1279025
> > >
> > > They said he died at Rush Foundation Hospital in Meridian, Mississippi,
> > > after staff members at Cullman Regional Medical Center contacted 43 ICUs
> > > and were unable to find him a bed.
> > I'm confused- did he die in Cullman, Al or at Cullman Regional or did he die in Rush Hospital in Mississippi?
> > Because why would Cullman be looking for him a bed if he were in Mississippi hospital.
> >
> > Also, it never said all those 43 ICUS were full. I know for a fact that right now there is at least one ICU here that has beds open. It says they were not able to find him a bed. Which is a big difference.....for all we knew
> > places with open beds just didnt take him for various other reasons.
> The 44th ICU they contacted, the one in Missisippi, took him and he died there.
>
> It's not that hard to understand unless you just don't want to.

an even worse article then lol.....so let me get this straight- one of the main points of the article was apparently how they couldnt find him a bed(presumably due to Covid patients taking beds but the
article makes a bunch of assumptions that may be untrue there), and yet he *DID* find an ICU bed? LMAO.....I suggest this 'journalist' go back to school.

As for the status of current ICU beds, I just opened up powerchart at this hospital(a large hospital just outside Birmingham) and we currently have ICU beds. Now that doesn't mean our ICU docs would have accepted
this patient. I have no idea as thats not my area and I don't know if he met criteria for us or most other places or not(neither does the writer I'm sure), but we do have available beds.

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<sho0t8$8rm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56863&group=rec.sport.football.college#56863

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:14:16 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:EBd0kfrMxocdtmWs1ELNg9RSM0Q=
 by: xyzzy - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:14 UTC

michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:46:45 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:

>>> I'm confused- did he die in Cullman, Al or at Cullman Regional or did
>>> he die in Rush Hospital in Mississippi?
>>> Because why would Cullman be looking for him a bed if he were in Mississippi hospital.
>>>
>>> Also, it never said all those 43 ICUS were full. I know for a fact that
>>> right now there is at least one ICU here that has beds open. It says
>>> they were not able to find him a bed. Which is a big difference.....for all we knew
>>> places with open beds just didnt take him for various other reasons.
>> The 44th ICU they contacted, the one in Missisippi, took him and he died there.
>>
>> It's not that hard to understand unless you just don't want to.
>
> an even worse article then lol.....so let me get this straight- one of
> the main points of the article was apparently how they couldnt find him a
> bed(presumably due to Covid patients taking beds but the
> article makes a bunch of assumptions that may be untrue there), and yet
> he *DID* find an ICU bed? LMAO.....I suggest this 'journalist' go back to school.

The time it took them to find him a bed, then the time and stress of
transporting him there were likely factors.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<89e9af8d-3f16-4d94-9f07-ef7915844a5dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56874&group=rec.sport.football.college#56874

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 13:21:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: mianders...@gmail.com (michael anderson)
 by: michael anderson - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 20:21 UTC

On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 12:14:20 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> michael anderson <miande...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> The 44th ICU they contacted, the one in Missisippi, took him and he died there.
> >>
> >> It's not that hard to understand unless you just don't want to.
> >
> > an even worse article then lol.....so let me get this straight- one of
> > the main points of the article was apparently how they couldnt find him a
> > bed(presumably due to Covid patients taking beds but the
> > article makes a bunch of assumptions that may be untrue there), and yet
> > he *DID* find an ICU bed? LMAO.....I suggest this 'journalist' go back to school.
> The time it took them to find him a bed, then the time and stress of
> transporting him there were likely factors.

We have no idea about any of that.....we have no idea how many of those denials were related to having no beds and COVID at all. I know
all the denials for hospitals in the Birmingham area weren't due to simply 'no beds'.

It's clear that the author here wants to make that connection(that the patient kept denied at all 43 of these hospitals because there were no beds due to all the Covid patients)....but there is nothing provided in the article to
actually do it.

A much different field, but I see the same phenomena all the time in mine. I'll see families complain all the time about "there aren't any beds open for 3 hrs so he couldn't get the help he needed" and I'll be like "wait, I had 3 beds during that time in question"........and then I'll look back at the referral sheets and recall that I was in fact called for that referral but denied him because his pathology wasn't appropriate for the unit.

Again, I'm neither an internist nor ICU doc and I also obviously wasn't involved in making those decisions about those beds at any of the 43 hospitals in question. So I can't tell you the breakdown of why he was denied in each of those cases for ICU transfer, how many were due to lack of beds vs other reasons,etc......but I guarantee you this writer can't either. It's a poorly written article and is misleading at best.

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<shoi4h$fu3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56879&group=rec.sport.football.college#56879

From: kol...@freedomnet.org (Ken Olson)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 18:08:18 -0400
 by: Ken Olson - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:08 UTC

On 9/13/2021 4:21 PM, michael anderson wrote:
> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 12:14:20 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
>> michael anderson <miande...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> an even worse article then lol.....so let me get this straight- one of
>>> the main points of the article was apparently how they couldnt find him a
>>> bed(presumably due to Covid patients taking beds but the
>>> article makes a bunch of assumptions that may be untrue there), and yet
>>> he *DID* find an ICU bed? LMAO.....I suggest this 'journalist' go back to school.
>> The time it took them to find him a bed, then the time and stress of
>> transporting him there were likely factors.
>
> We have no idea about any of that.....we have no idea how many of those denials were related to having no beds and COVID at all. I know
> all the denials for hospitals in the Birmingham area weren't due to simply 'no beds'.
>
> It's clear that the author here wants to make that connection(that the patient kept denied at all 43 of these hospitals because there were no beds due to all the Covid patients)....but there is nothing provided in the article to
> actually do it.
>
> A much different field, but I see the same phenomena all the time in mine. I'll see families complain all the time about "there aren't any beds open for 3 hrs so he couldn't get the help he needed" and I'll be like "wait, I had 3 beds during that time in question"........and then I'll look back at the referral sheets and recall that I was in fact called for that referral but denied him because his pathology wasn't appropriate for the unit.
>
> Again, I'm neither an internist nor ICU doc and I also obviously wasn't involved in making those decisions about those beds at any of the 43 hospitals in question. So I can't tell you the breakdown of why he was denied in each of those cases for ICU transfer, how many were due to lack of beds vs other reasons,etc......but I guarantee you this writer can't either. It's a poorly written article and is misleading at best.

Sensible and logical. Mind blown.

--
ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<0f249655-6c99-4abe-917c-04a18b030c6en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56882&group=rec.sport.football.college#56882

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:31:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: jimbrown...@yahoo.com (jimbr...@yahoo.com)
 by: jimbr...@yahoo.com - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 00:31 UTC

If they are only hurting themselves, then why are so many folks on the left so worried about whether they get vaccinated or not?

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<45f3bb9e-3ec0-4bc3-a482-3e3131122d4fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56884&group=rec.sport.football.college#56884

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:51:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: ramon.e...@gmail.com (Eric Ramon)
 by: Eric Ramon - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 00:51 UTC

On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 5:31:03 PM UTC-7, jimbr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> If they are only hurting themselves, then why are so many folks on the left so worried about whether they get vaccinated or not?

are you suggesting lefties want righties to die? That's stunning...if that's what you're saying.

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<6b7ecf5a-884a-4725-8ce1-03621f2208d0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56885&group=rec.sport.football.college#56885

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 18:56:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: james.m....@gmail.com (JGibson)
 by: JGibson - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 01:56 UTC

On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:31:03 PM UTC-4, jimbr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> If they are only hurting themselves, then why are so many folks on the left so worried about whether they get vaccinated or not?

xyzzy's point was the opposite - they are hurting more than themselves.

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<shp0rs$un4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56888&group=rec.sport.football.college#56888

From: Roddy.Mc...@verizon.net (RoddyMcCorley)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:19:41 -0400
 by: RoddyMcCorley - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 02:19 UTC

On 9/13/2021 8:31 PM, jimbr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> If they are only hurting themselves, then why are so many folks on the left so worried about whether they get vaccinated or not?

They have a much greater potential to be walking contagion. I want them
to contribute to herd immunity so we can beat this pandemic and return
to normal.

--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<1838a2af-502c-48a6-a281-73e22c541322n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56895&group=rec.sport.football.college#56895

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 06:11:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
 by: xyzzy - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 13:11 UTC

On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 9:56:12 PM UTC-4, JGibson wrote:
> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:31:03 PM UTC-4, jimbr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > If they are only hurting themselves, then why are so many folks on the left so worried about whether they get vaccinated or not?
> xyzzy's point was the opposite - they are hurting more than themselves.

Didn't think a sarcasm tag would be needed on rsfc... thought that was assumed.

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<cd0c6459-4d5b-4150-ab2f-bbb3117e20b8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56897&group=rec.sport.football.college#56897

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 06:33:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: jaymille...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 13:33 UTC

On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 8:11:56 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 9:56:12 PM UTC-4, JGibson wrote:
> > On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:31:03 PM UTC-4, jimbr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > > If they are only hurting themselves, then why are so many folks on the left so worried about whether they get vaccinated or not?
> > xyzzy's point was the opposite - they are hurting more than themselves.
> Didn't think a sarcasm tag would be needed on rsfc... thought that was assumed.

I don’t blame him in this case. The subject line sounds like something a person without a vaccine card would say.

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<aa698691-d0b1-4196-82d3-d056ad04f47en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56928&group=rec.sport.football.college#56928

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 20:28:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: jimbrown...@yahoo.com (jimbr...@yahoo.com)
 by: jimbr...@yahoo.com - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 03:28 UTC

On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 7:51:19 PM UTC-5, Eric Ramon wrote:
> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 5:31:03 PM UTC-7, jimbr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > If they are only hurting themselves, then why are so many folks on the left so worried about whether they get vaccinated or not?
> are you suggesting lefties want righties to die? That's stunning...if that's what you're saying.

Where did I say that? And if you think this is just left vs right, you need to open your eyes.

My question still stands.

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<9e2fecd4-cb28-43c2-94d5-a6eefea187b6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56929&group=rec.sport.football.college#56929

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 20:28:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: jimbrown...@yahoo.com (jimbr...@yahoo.com)

On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:56:12 PM UTC-5, JGibson wrote:
> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:31:03 PM UTC-4, jimbr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > If they are only hurting themselves, then why are so many folks on the left so worried about whether they get vaccinated or not?
> xyzzy's point was the opposite - they are hurting more than themselves.

I don't see where he said any of that in his first post...please explain.

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<shsmpq$tnj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56931&group=rec.sport.football.college#56931

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 11:52:26 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:iW3qeUoQn/3Sq/skcTnEzb9pVDk=
 by: xyzzy - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 11:52 UTC

jimbr...@yahoo.com <jimbrowndoc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:56:12 PM UTC-5, JGibson wrote:
>> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:31:03 PM UTC-4, jimbr...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>> If they are only hurting themselves, then why are so many folks on the
>>> left so worried about whether they get vaccinated or not?
>> xyzzy's point was the opposite - they are hurting more than themselves.
>

> I don't see where he said any of that in his first post...please explain.

It was about a man who died of a heart condition after being turned away by
43 ICUs in the Southeast.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: The unvaccinated are only hurting themselves

<b124eb7a-10af-497d-bbac-b9260acae9b0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=56939&group=rec.sport.football.college#56939

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 09:46:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: mianders...@gmail.com (michael anderson)
 by: michael anderson - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 16:46 UTC

On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 5:08:21 PM UTC-5, Ken Olson wrote:
> On 9/13/2021 4:21 PM, michael anderson wrote:

> >> The time it took them to find him a bed, then the time and stress of
> >> transporting him there were likely factors.
> >
> > We have no idea about any of that.....we have no idea how many of those denials were related to having no beds and COVID at all. I know
> > all the denials for hospitals in the Birmingham area weren't due to simply 'no beds'.
> >
> > It's clear that the author here wants to make that connection(that the patient kept denied at all 43 of these hospitals because there were no beds due to all the Covid patients)....but there is nothing provided in the article to
> > actually do it.
> >
> > A much different field, but I see the same phenomena all the time in mine. I'll see families complain all the time about "there aren't any beds open for 3 hrs so he couldn't get the help he needed" and I'll be like "wait, I had 3 beds during that time in question"........and then I'll look back at the referral sheets and recall that I was in fact called for that referral but denied him because his pathology wasn't appropriate for the unit.
> >
> > Again, I'm neither an internist nor ICU doc and I also obviously wasn't involved in making those decisions about those beds at any of the 43 hospitals in question. So I can't tell you the breakdown of why he was denied in each of those cases for ICU transfer, how many were due to lack of beds vs other reasons,etc......but I guarantee you this writer can't either. It's a poorly written article and is misleading at best.
> >

> Sensible and logical. Mind blown.

Don't get me wrong I am pro-vaccine. I'm vaccinated and encourage my patients to do the same.

My issue with the article is it was clear the author was just trying to make his desired point regardless of the facts, because he didn't actually present any facts where one could draw a direct line between
Covid pts taking up ICU beds that this guy needed and that that was the reason he was supposedly denied at the first 43 referrals. That's what the author *wanted* us to believe. How many of those denials were due to the ICUs being full(nevermind whether they were full with Covid patients) vs other reasons for denial is anyones guess and there is no evidence either way(besides me knowing that there were beds in my city so not all 43 denials were due to no beds).....

The larger point is that the current state of journalism, from big outlets to small, is just very pathetic. If I had a kid and he/she told me they wanted to
be a journalist I would be despondent over it lol. Most journalists today I wouldn't want serving fries at Mcdonalds......