Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 07:32:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: My wife wears her LSU t-shirt
From: tdra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 14:32 UTC

when we go on dog walks in our neighborhood here in Raleigh, NC. The neighbors are mostly NC State fans from what I've noticed. Yesterday a guy stopped and told her she was in NC State country, what was with the t-shirt? We know the guy and he was laughing, we were laughing. I said, you guys beat Clemson and ... etc. hahaha. Loser.

Re: My wife wears her LSU t-shirt

<541ac756-6267-41b0-887e-a903b8afcb51n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=57256&group=rec.sport.football.college#57256

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 07:42:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: My wife wears her LSU t-shirt
From: tdra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 14:42 UTC

On Friday, October 1, 2021 at 10:32:41 AM UTC-4, mercellusb wrote:
> when we go on dog walks in our neighborhood here in Raleigh, NC. The neighbors are mostly NC State fans from what I've noticed. Yesterday a guy stopped and told her she was in NC State country, what was with the t-shirt? We know the guy and he was laughing, we were laughing. I said, you guys beat Clemson and ... etc. hahaha. Loser.

I then told him my NC State story, which goes a little like this:

When we lived in Austin TX, I was a technical trainer for Dell. I was a 'train the trainer' guy for the tech support group. I would either fly to other countries to train our global tech support teams, or small teams would fly into Austin and I would train them there. When they flew into Austin, I would take them out on the town one or two nights. One time, a group flew in from Dublin, Ireland. They were in town over the weekend, so I took them to see the Longhorns play NC State.

Longhorn fans can be pretty bad. The guy in the row directly behind us was pretty drunk at the start of the first quarter. He was pretty obnoxious and then started yelling "PRETTY SHEEP!!" "PRETTY SHEEP!". This was in between explatives and other weird shit. We just kind of looked at each other and rolled our eyes. In the early part of the 3rd quarter, along with pretty sheep, he started with "F the Red Raiders!!" He was escorted out of the stadium shortly before the 4th quarter.

Now, after many years of thinking about this, I'm thinking he had to hear me say something about my team being Texas Tech. However, at the time, I was positive it was because he was so drunk he mistook NC State for Texas Tech.. They actually had very similar uniforms (same colors, etc) back then.

My brother was with us. He says that he was yelling pretty sheep because all of us in front of him were to scared to say something to him about his behavior. This is incorrect. I turned to my brother at one time and said pretty loudly "You grab him by the head, we can both punch him and throw him down the seats." Maybe I whispered this. Hard to recall now.

That's the story.