Support Bingo, keep Grandma off the streets.

sport / rec.sport.football.college / PS5!

SubjectAuthor
* PS5!mercellusb
+* Re: PS5!GrtArtiste
|`* Re: PS5!mercellusb
| +* Re: PS5!GrtArtiste
| |`- Re: PS5!mercellusb
| `* Re: PS5!Some dued
|  `* Re: PS5!GrtArtiste
|   `- Re: PS5!mercellusb
+* Re: PS5!Johnny RSFCootball
|`- Re: PS5!mercellusb
+* Re: PS5!The NOTBCS Guy
|`- Re: PS5!mercellusb
`* Re: PS5!RoddyMcCorley
 +- Re: PS5!mercellusb
 `* Re: PS5!unclejr
  `* Re: PS5!mercellusb
   `* Re: PS5!Ken Olson
    `* Re: PS5!mercellusb
     +- Re: PS5!Ken Olson
     `* Re: PS5!xyzzy
      `* Re: PS5!Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
       `* Re: PS5!mercellusb
        +* Re: PS5!RoddyMcCorley
        |`* Re: PS5!xyzzy
        | `* Re: PS5!Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
        |  `* Re: PS5!xyzzy
        |   `* Re: PS5!floaterjr
        |    +- Re: PS5!mercellusb
        |    `* Re: PS5!mercellusb
        |     `- Re: PS5!mercellusb
        `* Re: PS5!xyzzy
         `- Re: PS5!Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Pages:12
PS5!

<0c7b9dd6-04bb-42ad-92d1-f629d608774dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59657&group=rec.sport.football.college#59657

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 11:49:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: PS5!
From: tdra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 19:49 UTC

I have been a Playstation gamer since the PS1 came out, which I probably bought at Best Buy (or Amazon, but I think not). I've pre-ordered all the others PS2, PS3, PS4 through Amazon and have been a first-day owner, and I've never had one brick on me. Lucky, I guess. For the PS5, I didn't pre-order, and it's been a long time since I've seen one available that wasn't price gouging (100s of dollars more than what they should cost).

Yesterday, I got an invitation from Sony to log in to the Playstation site to buy a new PS5 starting at 2 pm (EST) today. I was primed to get there at 2 pm and log in. Unfortunately, today has been busy, so I forgot until 2:30 pm. I got in and got a PS5, easy peasy, for the correct cost.

It's good to be a gamer

Re: PS5!

<srq34j$o7o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59658&group=rec.sport.football.college#59658

From: nineo...@yahoo.com (GrtArtiste)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Subject: Re: PS5!
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 15:49:11 -0500
 by: GrtArtiste - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 20:49 UTC

On 1/13/2022 2:49 PM, mercellusb wrote:
> I have been a Playstation gamer since the PS1 came out, which I probably bought at Best Buy (or Amazon, but I think not). I've pre-ordered all the others PS2, PS3, PS4 through Amazon and have been a first-day owner, and I've never had one brick on me. Lucky, I guess. For the PS5, I didn't pre-order, and it's been a long time since I've seen one available that wasn't price gouging (100s of dollars more than what they should cost).
>
> Yesterday, I got an invitation from Sony to log in to the Playstation site to buy a new PS5 starting at 2 pm (EST) today. I was primed to get there at 2 pm and log in. Unfortunately, today has been busy, so I forgot until 2:30 pm. I got in and got a PS5, easy peasy, for the correct cost.
>
> It's good to be a gamer

Maybe I was just meant to be poor but, I figure I've saved a shitload of
$ over the past 30 ~ odd years by never doing this kind of gaming. For
myself personally...I can't imagine what a worse waste of
time-effort-money would've been. Of course...to each his/her own.

GrtArtiste

Re: PS5!

<a2d9fdb7-d670-430a-a4e2-a286469fd117n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59660&group=rec.sport.football.college#59660

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 13:10:16 -0800 (PST)
From: tdra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:10 UTC

On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 3:47:18 PM UTC-5, GrtArtiste wrote:
> On 1/13/2022 2:49 PM, mercellusb wrote:
> > I have been a Playstation gamer since the PS1 came out, which I probably bought at Best Buy (or Amazon, but I think not). I've pre-ordered all the others PS2, PS3, PS4 through Amazon and have been a first-day owner, and I've never had one brick on me. Lucky, I guess. For the PS5, I didn't pre-order, and it's been a long time since I've seen one available that wasn't price gouging (100s of dollars more than what they should cost).
> >
> > Yesterday, I got an invitation from Sony to log in to the Playstation site to buy a new PS5 starting at 2 pm (EST) today. I was primed to get there at 2 pm and log in. Unfortunately, today has been busy, so I forgot until 2:30 pm. I got in and got a PS5, easy peasy, for the correct cost.
> >
> > It's good to be a gamer
> >
> Maybe I was just meant to be poor but, I figure I've saved a shitload of
> $ over the past 30 ~ odd years by never doing this kind of gaming. For
> myself personally...I can't imagine what a worse waste of
> time-effort-money would've been. Of course...to each his/her own.
>
> GrtArtiste
You have saved money, that's for sure.

I'm looking forward to this in about two days time on a new nice TV: https://youtu.be/QhYm24nXJvw. You probably won't be able to see the full effect, since you seem to be a frugal person who may have a shit monitor or TV. Are you the dude that does WebTV? In that case, probably best to skip that youtube.

Re: PS5!

<54b4cd53-09a3-4805-a047-eeba564ec8d8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59661&group=rec.sport.football.college#59661

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 13:50:59 -0800 (PST)
From: 1jay1mil...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:50 UTC

On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 1:49:08 PM UTC-6, mercellusb wrote:
> I have been a Playstation gamer since the PS1 came out, which I probably bought at Best Buy (or Amazon, but I think not). I've pre-ordered all the others PS2, PS3, PS4 through Amazon and have been a first-day owner, and I've never had one brick on me. Lucky, I guess. For the PS5, I didn't pre-order, and it's been a long time since I've seen one available that wasn't price gouging (100s of dollars more than what they should cost).
>
> Yesterday, I got an invitation from Sony to log in to the Playstation site to buy a new PS5 starting at 2 pm (EST) today. I was primed to get there at 2 pm and log in. Unfortunately, today has been busy, so I forgot until 2:30 pm. I got in and got a PS5, easy peasy, for the correct cost.
>
> It's good to be a gamer

I bought my 15 yo son half of one for Christmas (the ex bought the other half). He was the one who actually found the PS5. I think he was using a website that tracked a bunch of retailers and notified him when one was available. He’s always been an XBoxer but he seems to like the PS5. At least I assume he does since he’s on it too damn much.

Re: PS5!

<26553ee0-cba4-429c-96c8-da2bb2f43d24n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59662&group=rec.sport.football.college#59662

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 14:06:14 -0800 (PST)
From: tdra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 22:06 UTC

On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 4:51:01 PM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
> On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 1:49:08 PM UTC-6, mercellusb wrote:
> > I have been a Playstation gamer since the PS1 came out, which I probably bought at Best Buy (or Amazon, but I think not). I've pre-ordered all the others PS2, PS3, PS4 through Amazon and have been a first-day owner, and I've never had one brick on me. Lucky, I guess. For the PS5, I didn't pre-order, and it's been a long time since I've seen one available that wasn't price gouging (100s of dollars more than what they should cost).
> >
> > Yesterday, I got an invitation from Sony to log in to the Playstation site to buy a new PS5 starting at 2 pm (EST) today. I was primed to get there at 2 pm and log in. Unfortunately, today has been busy, so I forgot until 2:30 pm. I got in and got a PS5, easy peasy, for the correct cost.
> >
> > It's good to be a gamer
> I bought my 15 yo son half of one for Christmas (the ex bought the other half). He was the one who actually found the PS5. I think he was using a website that tracked a bunch of retailers and notified him when one was available. He’s always been an XBoxer but he seems to like the PS5. At least I assume he does since he’s on it too damn much.
Good for your son. I don't play as much as I used to. I almost got a used XBox to play Halo on it, but ended up not doing it. My work buddy says the new Halo is great. We've been discussing the merits of Halo over Destiny, which is a somewhat similar open world shooter.

Re: PS5!

<srqag0$aj9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59666&group=rec.sport.football.college#59666

From: nineo...@yahoo.com (GrtArtiste)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 17:52:46 -0500
 by: GrtArtiste - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 22:52 UTC

On 1/13/2022 4:10 PM, mercellusb wrote:
> On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 3:47:18 PM UTC-5, GrtArtiste wrote:
>> On 1/13/2022 2:49 PM, mercellusb wrote:
>>> I have been a Playstation gamer since the PS1 came out, which I probably bought at Best Buy (or Amazon, but I think not). I've pre-ordered all the others PS2, PS3, PS4 through Amazon and have been a first-day owner, and I've never had one brick on me. Lucky, I guess. For the PS5, I didn't pre-order, and it's been a long time since I've seen one available that wasn't price gouging (100s of dollars more than what they should cost).
>>>
>>> Yesterday, I got an invitation from Sony to log in to the Playstation site to buy a new PS5 starting at 2 pm (EST) today. I was primed to get there at 2 pm and log in. Unfortunately, today has been busy, so I forgot until 2:30 pm. I got in and got a PS5, easy peasy, for the correct cost.
>>>
>>> It's good to be a gamer
>>>
>> Maybe I was just meant to be poor but, I figure I've saved a shitload of
>> $ over the past 30 ~ odd years by never doing this kind of gaming. For
>> myself personally...I can't imagine what a worse waste of
>> time-effort-money would've been. Of course...to each his/her own.
>>
>> GrtArtiste
> You have saved money, that's for sure.
>
> I'm looking forward to this in about two days time on a new nice TV: https://youtu.be/QhYm24nXJvw. You probably won't be able to see the full effect, since you seem to be a frugal person who may have a shit monitor or TV. Are you the dude that does WebTV? In that case, probably best to skip that youtube.

I'm not sure what defines a "shit monitor", but I have a 27" Samsung
from 2014 and a 32" Dell from 2019. I did watch 2:00 of your video. Not
sure why I should be impressed by something that is obviously nothing
more than a 21st Century variation of a 1940s cartoon. It might look
good, but I don't believe any sane person would go backwards for any
distance on a hill like that.

As for TV...believe this or don't...but I am still getting a lot of
pleasure from a 2010 46 inch Samsung LCD. It has never needed a repair
and is just as good as when new. My only source is the 720p/1080i that I
get from my Spectrum digital cable but there is simply nothing that
makes me dissatisfied enough to make me want something better. I can
wait until it dies before I want something with 4K...or 8K.

GrtArtiste

Re: PS5!

<b85353d8-c7f7-4785-942b-a0c7870c78edn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59668&group=rec.sport.football.college#59668

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 16:26:46 -0800 (PST)
From: theodore...@gmail.com (Some dued)
 by: Some dued - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 00:26 UTC

On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 3:10:18 PM UTC-6, mercellusb wrote:
> On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 3:47:18 PM UTC-5, GrtArtiste wrote:
> > On 1/13/2022 2:49 PM, mercellusb wrote:
> > > I have been a Playstation gamer since the PS1 came out, which I probably bought at Best Buy (or Amazon, but I think not). I've pre-ordered all the others PS2, PS3, PS4 through Amazon and have been a first-day owner, and I've never had one brick on me. Lucky, I guess. For the PS5, I didn't pre-order, and it's been a long time since I've seen one available that wasn't price gouging (100s of dollars more than what they should cost).
> > >
> > > Yesterday, I got an invitation from Sony to log in to the Playstation site to buy a new PS5 starting at 2 pm (EST) today. I was primed to get there at 2 pm and log in. Unfortunately, today has been busy, so I forgot until 2:30 pm. I got in and got a PS5, easy peasy, for the correct cost.
> > >
> > > It's good to be a gamer
> > >
> > Maybe I was just meant to be poor but, I figure I've saved a shitload of
> > $ over the past 30 ~ odd years by never doing this kind of gaming. For
> > myself personally...I can't imagine what a worse waste of
> > time-effort-money would've been. Of course...to each his/her own.
> >
> > GrtArtiste
> You have saved money, that's for sure.
>
> I'm looking forward to this in about two days time on a new nice TV: https://youtu.be/QhYm24nXJvw. You probably won't be able to see the full effect, since you seem to be a frugal person who may have a shit monitor or TV. Are you the dude that does WebTV? In that case, probably best to skip that youtube.
I thought this was really impressive: https://youtu.be/S3DEM6XDDTk

Re: PS5!

<srqgoo$fiu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59669&group=rec.sport.football.college#59669

From: nineo...@yahoo.com (GrtArtiste)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 19:39:51 -0500
 by: GrtArtiste - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 00:39 UTC

On 1/13/2022 7:26 PM, Some dued wrote:
> On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 3:10:18 PM UTC-6, mercellusb wrote:

>>> Maybe I was just meant to be poor but, I figure I've saved a shitload of
>>> $ over the past 30 ~ odd years by never doing this kind of gaming. For
>>> myself personally...I can't imagine what a worse waste of
>>> time-effort-money would've been. Of course...to each his/her own.
>>>
>>> GrtArtiste
>> You have saved money, that's for sure.
>>
>> I'm looking forward to this in about two days time on a new nice TV: https://youtu.be/QhYm24nXJvw. You probably won't be able to see the full effect, since you seem to be a frugal person who may have a shit monitor or TV. Are you the dude that does WebTV? In that case, probably best to skip that youtube.

> I thought this was really impressive: https://youtu.be/S3DEM6XDDTk

Even with my -shit- monitor, that looks much better than the previous
example. Thank You.

GrtArtiste

Re: PS5!

<c6d5b13d-bc7e-427a-9b18-683e26499f1fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59670&group=rec.sport.football.college#59670

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 17:58:02 -0800 (PST)
From: don.p.de...@gmail.com (The NOTBCS Guy)
 by: The NOTBCS Guy - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 01:58 UTC

I got an email from Tom's Hardware Guide this morning saying that WalMart had PS5s in stock.

Reminds me of the PS2 rollout - I held out on getting a PS1 as I had heard that PS2s would be able to play PS1 games ("backwards compatibility" - there's something you rarely see nowadays, although Wiis had ports for GameCube controllers), but wasn't really interested in getting in on the early rush; not that it mattered, as I was at work when they were released, and later found out they sold out in 45 minutes. I kept my ear to the ground, and while the occasional store was selling them for 10-20% above list, I held out until about four months later, when a stack of about 30 of them appeared at the Circuit City (remember them?) near my home.

Re: PS5!

<e048a8d5-4b6b-4977-b720-9ea313121d1en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59671&group=rec.sport.football.college#59671

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 20:13:37 -0800 (PST)
From: tobydra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 04:13 UTC

On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 7:39:55 PM UTC-5, GrtArtiste wrote:
> On 1/13/2022 7:26 PM, Some dued wrote:

> >> You have saved money, that's for sure.
> >>
> >> I'm looking forward to this in about two days time on a new nice TV: https://youtu.be/QhYm24nXJvw. You probably won't be able to see the full effect, since you seem to be a frugal person who may have a shit monitor or TV.. Are you the dude that does WebTV? In that case, probably best to skip that youtube.
>
> > I thought this was really impressive: https://youtu.be/S3DEM6XDDTk
> Even with my -shit- monitor, that looks much better than the previous
> example. Thank You.
>
> GrtArtiste
the video game example? that’s live video idot, of course looks better

Re: PS5!

<9db61913-b1e8-4609-9c26-2fb1c17a5975n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59672&group=rec.sport.football.college#59672

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 20:15:18 -0800 (PST)
From: tdra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 04:15 UTC

On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 8:58:04 PM UTC-5, The NOTBCS Guy wrote:
> I got an email from Tom's Hardware Guide this morning saying that WalMart had PS5s in stock.
>
> Reminds me of the PS2 rollout - I held out on getting a PS1 as I had heard that PS2s would be able to play PS1 games ("backwards compatibility" - there's something you rarely see nowadays, although Wiis had ports for GameCube controllers), but wasn't really interested in getting in on the early rush; not that it mattered, as I was at work when they were released, and later found out they sold out in 45 minutes. I kept my ear to the ground, and while the occasional store was selling them for 10-20% above list, I held out until about four months later, when a stack of about 30 of them appeared at the Circuit City (remember them?) near my home.
I miss Radio Shack.

Re: PS5!

<7e28ec39-8a62-4a99-80b5-f7f39df47d84n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59674&group=rec.sport.football.college#59674

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 20:17:45 -0800 (PST)
From: tdra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 04:17 UTC

On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 5:52:51 PM UTC-5, GrtArtiste wrote:
> On 1/13/2022 4:10 PM, mercellusb wrote:

> >> Maybe I was just meant to be poor but, I figure I've saved a shitload of
> >> $ over the past 30 ~ odd years by never doing this kind of gaming. For
> >> myself personally...I can't imagine what a worse waste of
> >> time-effort-money would've been. Of course...to each his/her own.
> >>
> >> GrtArtiste
> > You have saved money, that's for sure.
> >
> > I'm looking forward to this in about two days time on a new nice TV: https://youtu.be/QhYm24nXJvw. You probably won't be able to see the full effect, since you seem to be a frugal person who may have a shit monitor or TV. Are you the dude that does WebTV? In that case, probably best to skip that youtube.
> I'm not sure what defines a "shit monitor", but I have a 27" Samsung
> from 2014…
yes

Re: PS5!

<srr3tc$63o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59675&group=rec.sport.football.college#59675

From: Roddy.Mc...@verizon.net (RoddyMcCorley)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 01:06:35 -0500
 by: RoddyMcCorley - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 06:06 UTC

On 1/13/2022 2:49 PM, mercellusb wrote:
> I have been a Playstation gamer since the PS1 came out, which I probably bought at Best Buy (or Amazon, but I think not). I've pre-ordered all the others PS2, PS3, PS4 through Amazon and have been a first-day owner, and I've never had one brick on me. Lucky, I guess. For the PS5, I didn't pre-order, and it's been a long time since I've seen one available that wasn't price gouging (100s of dollars more than what they should cost).
>
> Yesterday, I got an invitation from Sony to log in to the Playstation site to buy a new PS5 starting at 2 pm (EST) today. I was primed to get there at 2 pm and log in. Unfortunately, today has been busy, so I forgot until 2:30 pm. I got in and got a PS5, easy peasy, for the correct cost.
>
> It's good to be a gamer

I love gaming on my Intelivision. Especially Burgertime.

--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg

Re: PS5!

<d407224e-dca9-4035-9113-fc90c07442f8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59681&group=rec.sport.football.college#59681

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 08:38:21 -0800 (PST)
From: tdra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 16:38 UTC

On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 1:06:41 AM UTC-5, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 1/13/2022 2:49 PM, mercellusb wrote:
> > I have been a Playstation gamer since the PS1 came out, which I probably bought at Best Buy (or Amazon, but I think not). I've pre-ordered all the others PS2, PS3, PS4 through Amazon and have been a first-day owner, and I've never had one brick on me. Lucky, I guess. For the PS5, I didn't pre-order, and it's been a long time since I've seen one available that wasn't price gouging (100s of dollars more than what they should cost).
> >
> > Yesterday, I got an invitation from Sony to log in to the Playstation site to buy a new PS5 starting at 2 pm (EST) today. I was primed to get there at 2 pm and log in. Unfortunately, today has been busy, so I forgot until 2:30 pm. I got in and got a PS5, easy peasy, for the correct cost.
> >
> > It's good to be a gamer
> >
> I love gaming on my Intelivision. Especially Burgertime.
>
> --
> "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
> practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg
that's terrific

Re: PS5!

<aef261ae-8a67-425d-9699-ab41ef115d8fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59698&group=rec.sport.football.college#59698

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 15:03:43 -0800 (PST)
From: watson...@gmail.com (unclejr)
 by: unclejr - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 23:03 UTC

On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 12:06:41 AM UTC-6, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 1/13/2022 2:49 PM, mercellusb wrote:
> > I have been a Playstation gamer since the PS1 came out, which I probably bought at Best Buy (or Amazon, but I think not). I've pre-ordered all the others PS2, PS3, PS4 through Amazon and have been a first-day owner, and I've never had one brick on me. Lucky, I guess. For the PS5, I didn't pre-order, and it's been a long time since I've seen one available that wasn't price gouging (100s of dollars more than what they should cost).
> >
> > Yesterday, I got an invitation from Sony to log in to the Playstation site to buy a new PS5 starting at 2 pm (EST) today. I was primed to get there at 2 pm and log in. Unfortunately, today has been busy, so I forgot until 2:30 pm. I got in and got a PS5, easy peasy, for the correct cost.
> >
> > It's good to be a gamer
> >
> I love gaming on my Intelivision. Especially Burgertime.

I've played that on the Atari 5200.

Re: PS5!

<fc26fc41-9b3f-4db7-a236-501a9bf0052an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59731&group=rec.sport.football.college#59731

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 08:02:01 -0800 (PST)
From: tobydra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 16:02 UTC

On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 6:03:45 PM UTC-5, unclejr wrote:
> On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 12:06:41 AM UTC-6, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> > On 1/13/2022 2:49 PM, mercellusb wrote:
> > > I have been a Playstation gamer since the PS1 came out, which I probably bought at Best Buy (or Amazon, but I think not). I've pre-ordered all the others PS2, PS3, PS4 through Amazon and have been a first-day owner, and I've never had one brick on me. Lucky, I guess. For the PS5, I didn't pre-order, and it's been a long time since I've seen one available that wasn't price gouging (100s of dollars more than what they should cost).
> > >
> > > Yesterday, I got an invitation from Sony to log in to the Playstation site to buy a new PS5 starting at 2 pm (EST) today. I was primed to get there at 2 pm and log in. Unfortunately, today has been busy, so I forgot until 2:30 pm. I got in and got a PS5, easy peasy, for the correct cost.
> > >
> > > It's good to be a gamer
> > >
> > I love gaming on my Intelivision. Especially Burgertime.
> I've played that on the Atari 5200.
PS5 delivered tomorrow. The complexity of my daily game playing is going up exponentially, along with the cost. Hope I don’t forget to play Wordle.

Re: PS5!

<ss4jfe$ft5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59735&group=rec.sport.football.college#59735

From: kol...@freedomnet.org (Ken Olson)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 15:27:25 -0500
 by: Ken Olson - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 20:27 UTC

On 1/17/2022 11:02 AM, mercellusb wrote:
> On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 6:03:45 PM UTC-5, unclejr wrote:

>>> I love gaming on my Intelivision. Especially Burgertime.
>> I've played that on the Atari 5200.
> PS5 delivered tomorrow. The complexity of my daily game playing is going up exponentially, along with the cost. Hope I don’t forget to play Wordle.

Never got into gaming. I'd go outside and play for real.

--
ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Re: PS5!

<957ac66d-10c8-4f94-bc27-2db3dd48fa72n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59736&group=rec.sport.football.college#59736

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 15:33:36 -0800 (PST)
From: tobydra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 23:33 UTC

On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 3:27:30 PM UTC-5, Ken Olson wrote:
> On 1/17/2022 11:02 AM, mercellusb wrote:

> >> I've played that on the Atari 5200.
> > PS5 delivered tomorrow. The complexity of my daily game playing is going up exponentially, along with the cost. Hope I don’t forget to play Wordle.
> Never got into gaming. I'd go outside and play for real.
>
> --
> ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen
0k4y b00m3r

Re: PS5!

<ss50tl$416$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59740&group=rec.sport.football.college#59740

From: kol...@freedomnet.org (Ken Olson)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 19:16:52 -0500
 by: Ken Olson - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 00:16 UTC

On 1/17/2022 6:33 PM, mercellusb wrote:
> On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 3:27:30 PM UTC-5, Ken Olson wrote:

>>> PS5 delivered tomorrow. The complexity of my daily game playing is going up exponentially, along with the cost. Hope I don’t forget to play Wordle.
>> Never got into gaming. I'd go outside and play for real.
>>
>> --
>> ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen
> 0k4y b00m3r

Near the end of it. yes. I think growing up rural had something to do
with it too.

--
ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Re: PS5!

<ss5abe$ksr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59744&group=rec.sport.football.college#59744

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 02:57:50 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:b/LG7tyzgXI3WMBXLtyD5I9VEQE=
 by: xyzzy - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 02:57 UTC

mercellusb <tobydrake7@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 3:27:30 PM UTC-5, Ken Olson wrote:

>>> PS5 delivered tomorrow. The complexity of my daily game playing is going up
>>> exponentially, along with the cost. Hope I don’t forget to play Wordle.
>> Never got into gaming. I'd go outside and play for real.
>>
>> --
>> ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen
> 0k4y b00m3r

I’m a computer and tech guy so should have been in the prime audience for
gaming but I never got into it either. I tried a couple of times in both PC
games and one of the early PlayStation generations but I just couldn’t get
into it.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: PS5!

<slrnsuccce.2cr4.constance@karen.heins.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59745&group=rec.sport.football.college#59745

From: consta...@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 03:18:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 03:18 UTC

On 2022-01-18, xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:
> mercellusb <tobydrake7@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Never got into gaming. I'd go outside and play for real.
>>>
>>> --
>>> ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen
>> 0k4y b00m3r
>>

> I’m a computer and tech guy so should have been in the prime audience for
> gaming but I never got into it either. I tried a couple of times in both PC
> games and one of the early PlayStation generations but I just couldn’t get
> into it.

+1. Of course I'm heavily into bridge, so maybe that counts as a game...

--
"there are, indeed, few things that are more frightening than the
steadily increasing prestige of scientifically minded brain trusters

Re: PS5!

<90d5bd86-9e93-4592-ac7d-0bea60e20d26n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59747&group=rec.sport.football.college#59747

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 20:09:34 -0800 (PST)
From: tdra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 04:09 UTC

On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 10:18:42 PM UTC-5, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:
> On 2022-01-18, xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > mercellusb <tobyd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> 0k4y b00m3r
> >>

> > I’m a computer and tech guy so should have been in the prime audience for
> > gaming but I never got into it either. I tried a couple of times in both PC
> > games and one of the early PlayStation generations but I just couldn’t get
> > into it.
> >
> +1. Of course I'm heavily into bridge, so maybe that counts as a game...
>
> --
> "there are, indeed, few things that are more frightening than the
> steadily increasing prestige of scientifically minded brain trusters
> in the councils of government during the last decades. The trouble is
> not that they are cold-blooded enough to 'think the unthinkable,' but
> that they do not think. Instead of indulging in such an old-fashioned,
> uncomputerizable activity, they reckon with the consequences of certain
> hypothetically assumed constellations without, however, being able to test
> their hypotheses against actual occurrences. The logical flaw in these
> hypothetical constructions of future events is always the same: what
> first appears as a hypothesis -- with or without its implied alternatives,
> according to the level of sophistication -- turns immediately, usually
> after a few paragraphs, into a 'fact,' which then gives birth to a whole
> string of similar non-facts, with the result that the purely speculative
> character of the whole enterprise is forgotten." -- Hannah Arendt, 1970.
Yes, Bridge is a great strategy card game. For video games, there is quite a bit of motor skills to learn, and high-level hand-eye coordination required to really be good or even enjoy the games themselves. There are some strategy video games; but, even these, require motor skills that some people have difficulty with, especially as they age. I'm not as great as I used to be, but still pretty badass. From a couple of days ago https://youtu.be/QWKyvl8J5O4. Don't feel bad that you never were good at video games. It's okay to be average or non-existent in the gaming world; most players are.

Re: PS5!

<ss5mmh$buk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59751&group=rec.sport.football.college#59751

From: Roddy.Mc...@verizon.net (RoddyMcCorley)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 01:28:33 -0500
 by: RoddyMcCorley - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 06:28 UTC

Local paper today reported that a local college (Albright) is partnering
with some tech and eSports companies to build an eSports facility (did
not report any cost info). Another local college (Kutztown U, home of
Andre Reed) reported last year that it spent $250,000 on a campus gaming
room.

WTF?

--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg

Re: PS5!

<ss6d05$hub$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59752&group=rec.sport.football.college#59752

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 12:49:10 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:mRx7Atu+a/VlZvVUsFqfPj8ELt4=
 by: xyzzy - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 12:49 UTC

RoddyMcCorley <Roddy.McCorley@verizon.net> wrote:

> Local paper today reported that a local college (Albright) is partnering
> with some tech and eSports companies to build an eSports facility (did
> not report any cost info). Another local college (Kutztown U, home of
> Andre Reed) reported last year that it spent $250,000 on a campus gaming
> room.
>
> WTF?

And people wonder why college is so expensive

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: PS5!

<ss6d07$hub$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59753&group=rec.sport.football.college#59753

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 12:49:11 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:/AwYq/csi6nb57sxWxCEDd8ZYHI=

mercellusb <tdrake7@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 10:18:42 PM UTC-5, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:

>>> I’m a computer and tech guy so should have been in the prime audience for
>>> gaming but I never got into it either. I tried a couple of times in both PC
>>> games and one of the early PlayStation generations but I just couldn’t get
>>> into it.
>>>
>> +1. Of course I'm heavily into bridge, so maybe that counts as a game...
>>
>> --
>> "there are, indeed, few things that are more frightening than the
>> steadily increasing prestige of scientifically minded brain trusters
>> in the councils of government during the last decades. The trouble is
>> not that they are cold-blooded enough to 'think the unthinkable,' but
>> that they do not think. Instead of indulging in such an old-fashioned,
>> uncomputerizable activity, they reckon with the consequences of certain
>> hypothetically assumed constellations without, however, being able to test
>> their hypotheses against actual occurrences. The logical flaw in these
>> hypothetical constructions of future events is always the same: what
>> first appears as a hypothesis -- with or without its implied alternatives,
>> according to the level of sophistication -- turns immediately, usually
>> after a few paragraphs, into a 'fact,' which then gives birth to a whole
>> string of similar non-facts, with the result that the purely speculative
>> character of the whole enterprise is forgotten." -- Hannah Arendt, 1970.
> Yes, Bridge is a great strategy card game. For video games, there is
> quite a bit of motor skills to learn, and high-level hand-eye
> coordination required to really be good or even enjoy the games
> themselves. There are some strategy video games; but, even these, require
> motor skills that some people have difficulty with, especially as they
> age. I'm not as great as I used to be, but still pretty badass. From a
> couple of days ago https://youtu.be/QWKyvl8J5O4. Don't feel bad that you
> never were good at video games. It's okay to be average or non-existent
> in the gaming world; most players are.

For me I think it was primarily lack of patience to learn the system, which
button does what in different situations, what’s needed to reach goals and
what those goals are, etc. Plus enough time spent on screens at work
figuring stuff out anyway.

My starter game was NCAA football, maybe I should have tried something
simpler but first person shooters and fantasy stories didn’t interest me.