From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Wow again!
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2023 00:26:28 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.17.1
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 04:26 UTC

An amazing game with another great ending!

Apparently the call on Steph's bucket was that neither player was guilty
of basket interference, not that both were but Holmgren's occurred
first. At least per this story on Yahoo Sports:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-in-season-tournament-warriors-win-after-draymond-green-call-is-controversially-overturned-040042126.html

--Robin

Re: Wow again!

<kqlvqnFcbvfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6044&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6044

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: Wow again!
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2023 00:32:16 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 04:32 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:

> An amazing game with another great ending!
>
> Apparently the call on Steph's bucket was that neither player was guilty
> of basket interference, not that both were but Holmgren's occurred
> first. At least per this story on Yahoo Sports:
>
> https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-in-season-tournament-warriors-win-after-draymond-green-call-is-controversially-overturned-040042126.html
>

> --Robin

Correction: It was Giddy who touched the net, not Holmgren.

BTW, GP2 is just a force out there. What a revelation to have a good
second unit.

--Robin

Re: Wow again!

<kqm029FcbvfU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6045&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6045

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2023 00:36:18 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 04:36 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> An amazing game with another great ending!
>>
>> Apparently the call on Steph's bucket was that neither player was
>> guilty of basket interference, not that both were but Holmgren's
>> occurred first. At least per this story on Yahoo Sports:
>>
>> https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-in-season-tournament-warriors-win-after-draymond-green-call-is-controversially-overturned-040042126.html
>>

>> --Robin
>

> Correction: It was Giddy who touched the net, not Holmgren.
>
> BTW, GP2 is just a force out there. What a revelation to have a good
> second unit.
>
> --Robin

2nd BTW, Slater has the call the other way, based on timing rather than
lack of effect on Steph's shot:

> Officially being credited as a Steph Curry game-winner. Sounds like they ruled that Josh Giddey grabbed the net before Draymond Green interference, meaning Curry basket counts.

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1720638887146488102

--Robin

Re: Wow again!

<kqn8s0Fnib5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6046&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6046

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2023 12:12:40 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 16:12 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
>> Robin Miller wrote:
>>>
>>> An amazing game with another great ending!
>>>
>>> Apparently the call on Steph's bucket was that neither player was
>>> guilty of basket interference, not that both were but Holmgren's
>>> occurred first. At least per this story on Yahoo Sports:
>>>
>>> https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-in-season-tournament-warriors-win-after-draymond-green-call-is-controversially-overturned-040042126.html
>>>

>>> --Robin
>>

>> Correction: It was Giddy who touched the net, not Holmgren.
>>
>> BTW, GP2 is just a force out there. What a revelation to have a good
>> second unit.
>>
>> --Robin
>>

> 2nd BTW, Slater has the call the other way, based on timing rather than
> lack of effect on Steph's shot:
>
>> Officially being credited as a Steph Curry game-winner. Sounds like
>> they ruled that Josh Giddey grabbed the net before Draymond Green
>> interference, meaning Curry basket counts.
>

> https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1720638887146488102
>
> --Robin

Final answer: The Yahoo Sports story was right: The call was that
Draymond's touching the rim did not affect Steph's shot. Giddy isn't
mentioned at all by the refs:

> “It was clear and conclusive evidence that Draymond does not touch the ball,” crew chief Mitchell Ervin said during the pool report. “Although Draymond does touch the rim, he does not touch the ball, nor does him touching the rim cause the ball to take an unnatural bounce therefore a basketball violation does not occur on the play.”

https://theathletic.com/5029874/2023/11/03/warriors-thunder-stephen-curry-game-winner-goaltending/

--Robin

Re: Wow again!

<f59b74a3-947b-426e-b7c1-d1975b6f947cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6048&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6048

Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2023 13:40:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: coac...@gmail.com (Donald Lee)
 by: Donald Lee - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 20:40 UTC

I was curious so I looked up the rules:

https://official.nba.com/rule-no-11-basket-interference-goaltending/

Good interpretation by the referee. I was curious if the rule was written such that "any touch of the tim" was basket interference. But the rules aren't written in that way.

DL