Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing. -- Vince Lombardi

sport / rec.sport.football.college / Re: moving

SubjectAuthor
* movingmercellusb
+* Re: movingmercellusb
|`* Re: movingxyzzy
| +* Re: movingxyzzy
| |`* Re: movingmercellusb
| | `* Re: movingxyzzy
| |  `* Re: movingmercellusb
| |   `* Re: movingJohnny RSFCootball
| |    `* Re: movingmercellusb
| |     +* Re: movingJohnny RSFCootball
| |     |`* Re: movingmercellusb
| |     | `- Re: movingxyzzy
| |     `- Re: movingKen Olson
| +- Re: movingEric Ramon
| `* Re: movingmercellusb
|  `* Re: movingxyzzy
|   `* Re: movingmercellusb
|    `- Re: movingmercellusb
+* Re: movingCorky
|`- Re: movingmercellusb
`* Re: movingxyzzy
 `- Re: movingmercellusb

1
moving

<5459ffe0-d637-4b34-b12b-176234a8eefbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60441&group=rec.sport.football.college#60441

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 11:43:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: moving
From: tdra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Mon, 21 Feb 2022 19:43 UTC

We're moving from Raleigh to Metairie, LA (New Orleans). It's been somewhat complicated this time. We are dealing with a bit of incompetence on the part of the mortgage company, plus we have kind of a challenging house to sell. Someone was murdered in our house...

hehe not really

It's also taken seven days to get an offer on our Raleigh house after being assured we would be sorting through multiple offers at higher than asking. We stayed in a hotel for the first few showing days, a long weekend. We thought we'd be sorting through offers when we got home, but nope.

Our house backs up to Millbrook Road. This road can get super busy and is also a local car racing zone. It was still super busy pre-Covid, but the racing is a lot more the past couple of years.

Anyway, the noise has never bothered us much, and it's super convenient to get to Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Butcher's Market is on the corner.

Lucky a couple that had been outbid on a few houses lately showed up for the second open house, stayed for an hour or so, made an offer that evening, and provided generous due diligence money.

Re: moving

<5b3df9fe-f26f-464c-9ff9-f43b77d83154n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60442&group=rec.sport.football.college#60442

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 11:52:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: moving
From: tdra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Mon, 21 Feb 2022 19:52 UTC

On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 2:43:41 PM UTC-5, mercellusb wrote:
> We're moving from Raleigh to Metairie, LA (New Orleans). It's been somewhat complicated this time. We are dealing with a bit of incompetence on the part of the mortgage company, plus we have kind of a challenging house to sell. Someone was murdered in our house...

> hehe not really
>
> It's also taken seven days to get an offer on our Raleigh house after being assured we would be sorting through multiple offers at higher than asking. We stayed in a hotel for the first few showing days, a long weekend. We thought we'd be sorting through offers when we got home, but nope.
>
> Our house backs up to Millbrook Road. This road can get super busy and is also a local car racing zone. It was still super busy pre-Covid, but the racing is a lot more the past couple of years.
>
> Anyway, the noise has never bothered us much, and it's super convenient to get to Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Butcher's Market is on the corner.
>
> Lucky a couple that had been outbid on a few houses lately showed up for the second open house, stayed for an hour or so, made an offer that evening, and provided generous due diligence money.
Regret I've been here for about six years and never met up with any of the RTP rsfck'ers. I think I offered to meet up once or twice, but no one wanted to. I guess I should AFO&U since I have no friends.

Re: moving

<sv0vev$rvt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60445&group=rec.sport.football.college#60445

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 21:16:15 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:EeGP3z9DGIqcWI81hou4yM46zYA=
 by: xyzzy - Mon, 21 Feb 2022 21:16 UTC

mercellusb <tdrake7@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 2:43:41 PM UTC-5, mercellusb wrote:
>> We're moving from Raleigh to Metairie, LA (New Orleans). It's been
>> somewhat complicated this time. We are dealing with a bit of
>> incompetence on the part of the mortgage company, plus we have kind of a
>> challenging house to sell. Someone was murdered in our house...

>> hehe not really
>>
>> It's also taken seven days to get an offer on our Raleigh house after
>> being assured we would be sorting through multiple offers at higher than
>> asking. We stayed in a hotel for the first few showing days, a long
>> weekend. We thought we'd be sorting through offers when we got home, but nope.
>>
>> Our house backs up to Millbrook Road. This road can get super busy and
>> is also a local car racing zone. It was still super busy pre-Covid, but
>> the racing is a lot more the past couple of years.
>>
>> Anyway, the noise has never bothered us much, and it's super convenient
>> to get to Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Butcher's Market is on the corner.
>>
>> Lucky a couple that had been outbid on a few houses lately showed up for
>> the second open house, stayed for an hour or so, made an offer that
>> evening, and provided generous due diligence money.
> Regret I've been here for about six years and never met up with any of
> the RTP rsfck'ers. I think I offered to meet up once or twice, but no one
> wanted to. I guess I should AFO&U since I have no friends.

Well the pandemic was two of those years and that’s cramped meeting anyone
in person. The only fishyball I’ve had during that time was last summer
when numbers were low and ConnReeder was passing through. If it didn’t
occur to me to invite you I apologize. It was a lunch during a weekday
though.

I stalked your house on Zillow so I saw your saga and location. It’s a nice
house but yeah backed up to Millbrook would definitely give pause. Looks
like you’re still gonna make a pretty penny on it so I’m not too
sympathetic.

I’ll be sure to lay on the horn while passing behind your house on the way
to and back from Burnie’s on a weekend morning, so you don’t feel excluded.
Don’t worry we are not early birds you you’ll probably be up. If it’s too
late and your buyers are in there…well they knew Millbrook was there when
they bought, right?

Good luck in your new place and sorry we never met.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: moving

<sv1089$1mp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60448&group=rec.sport.football.college#60448

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 21:29:45 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:a8NRlGc/2/POmdW/go67sSv07Uw=
 by: xyzzy - Mon, 21 Feb 2022 21:29 UTC

xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:
> mercellusb <tdrake7@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 2:43:41 PM UTC-5, mercellusb wrote:
>>> We're moving from Raleigh to Metairie, LA (New Orleans). It's been
>>> somewhat complicated this time. We are dealing with a bit of
>>> incompetence on the part of the mortgage company, plus we have kind of a
>>> challenging house to sell. Someone was murdered in our house...

>>> hehe not really
>>>
>>> It's also taken seven days to get an offer on our Raleigh house after
>>> being assured we would be sorting through multiple offers at higher than
>>> asking. We stayed in a hotel for the first few showing days, a long
>>> weekend. We thought we'd be sorting through offers when we got home, but nope.
>>>
>>> Our house backs up to Millbrook Road. This road can get super busy and
>>> is also a local car racing zone. It was still super busy pre-Covid, but
>>> the racing is a lot more the past couple of years.
>>>
>>> Anyway, the noise has never bothered us much, and it's super convenient
>>> to get to Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Butcher's Market is on the corner.
>>>
>>> Lucky a couple that had been outbid on a few houses lately showed up for
>>> the second open house, stayed for an hour or so, made an offer that
>>> evening, and provided generous due diligence money.
>> Regret I've been here for about six years and never met up with any of
>> the RTP rsfck'ers. I think I offered to meet up once or twice, but no one
>> wanted to. I guess I should AFO&U since I have no friends.
>>

> Well the pandemic was two of those years and that’s cramped meeting anyone
> in person. The only fishyball I’ve had during that time was last summer
> when numbers were low and ConnReeder was passing through. If it didn’t
> occur to me to invite you I apologize. It was a lunch during a weekday
> though.
>
> I stalked your house on Zillow so I saw your saga and location. It’s a nice
> house but yeah backed up to Millbrook would definitely give pause. Looks
> like you’re still gonna make a pretty penny on it so I’m not too
> sympathetic.
>
> I’ll be sure to lay on the horn while passing behind your house on the way
> to and back from Burnie’s on a weekend morning, so you don’t feel excluded.
> Don’t worry we are not early birds you you’ll probably be up. If it’s too
> late and your buyers are in there…well they knew Millbrook was there when
> they bought, right?
>
> Good luck in your new place and sorry we never met.

As long as we’re talking about Raleigh real estate a friend of mine tried
to save some pennies by selling a rental townhouse he owns FSBO. Who needs
a realtor in this market amirite? Except he didn’t get enough due
diligence money and lost his buyer over an inspection issue. I was like
“dude how can you be the only person in Raleigh to lose a buyer over an
inspection issue? You should have got like $30k in DD that would have kept
your buyer on the hook and if they still bailed you’d have $30k to make
repairs and have money left over, and get another buyer. Didn’t your
realtor explain this to you? Oh right you were too cheap to hire one”.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: moving

<369646c2-a2b1-4559-95fa-f7ae14030863n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60459&group=rec.sport.football.college#60459

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 17:49:05 -0800 (PST)
From: corkst...@gmail.com (Corky)
 by: Corky - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 01:49 UTC

On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 1:43:41 PM UTC-6, mercellusb wrote:
> We're moving from Raleigh to Metairie, LA (New Orleans). It's been somewhat complicated this time. We are dealing with a bit of incompetence on the part of the mortgage company, plus we have kind of a challenging house to sell. Someone was murdered in our house...

> hehe not really
>
> It's also taken seven days to get an offer on our Raleigh house after being assured we would be sorting through multiple offers at higher than asking. We stayed in a hotel for the first few showing days, a long weekend. We thought we'd be sorting through offers when we got home, but nope.
>
> Our house backs up to Millbrook Road. This road can get super busy and is also a local car racing zone. It was still super busy pre-Covid, but the racing is a lot more the past couple of years.
>
> Anyway, the noise has never bothered us much, and it's super convenient to get to Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Butcher's Market is on the corner.
>
> Lucky a couple that had been outbid on a few houses lately showed up for the second open house, stayed for an hour or so, made an offer that evening, and provided generous due diligence money.
Remember this when you get to Metairie.. Mr Eds on Live Oak is one of the best places to eat. Neighborhood restaurant with great food. We always plan our trips to Nola through Mr Ed's.
And, there are several Mr Ed's in the NOLA area but the one in Metairie is the best. I think it's the best place I've eaten there that's not one of the real big name places.

Re: moving

<2fd8bd3c-a396-44ac-b945-c40508c10585n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60460&group=rec.sport.football.college#60460

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 19:49:06 -0800 (PST)
From: ramon.e...@gmail.com (Eric Ramon)
 by: Eric Ramon - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 03:49 UTC

On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 1:16:19 PM UTC-8, xyzzy wrote:
> mercellusb <tdr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 2:43:41 PM UTC-5, mercellusb wrote:
> >> We're moving from Raleigh to Metairie, LA (New Orleans). It's been
> >> somewhat complicated this time. We are dealing with a bit of
> >> incompetence on the part of the mortgage company, plus we have kind of a
> >> challenging house to sell. Someone was murdered in our house...

> >> hehe not really
> >>
> >> It's also taken seven days to get an offer on our Raleigh house after
> >> being assured we would be sorting through multiple offers at higher than
> >> asking. We stayed in a hotel for the first few showing days, a long
> >> weekend. We thought we'd be sorting through offers when we got home, but nope.
> >>
> >> Our house backs up to Millbrook Road. This road can get super busy and
> >> is also a local car racing zone. It was still super busy pre-Covid, but
> >> the racing is a lot more the past couple of years.
> >>
> >> Anyway, the noise has never bothered us much, and it's super convenient
> >> to get to Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Butcher's Market is on the corner.
> >>
> >> Lucky a couple that had been outbid on a few houses lately showed up for
> >> the second open house, stayed for an hour or so, made an offer that
> >> evening, and provided generous due diligence money.
> > Regret I've been here for about six years and never met up with any of
> > the RTP rsfck'ers. I think I offered to meet up once or twice, but no one
> > wanted to. I guess I should AFO&U since I have no friends.
> >
> Well the pandemic was two of those years and that’s cramped meeting anyone
> in person.

I have NOT been to downtown Portland in the last two years, let alone outside the city. I've seen like...5 friends in two years and definitely nobody I only have known online.

Re: moving

<56a30929-b1d9-48de-9ae3-f841c2d7a1c8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60469&group=rec.sport.football.college#60469

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 05:45:19 -0800 (PST)
From: tobydra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 13:45 UTC

On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 4:16:19 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:

> >> Our house backs up to Millbrook Road. This road can get super busy and
> >> is also a local car racing zone. It was still super busy pre-Covid, but
> >> the racing is a lot more the past couple of years.
> >>
> >> Anyway, the noise has never bothered us much, and it's super convenient
> >> to get to Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Butcher's Market is on the corner.
> >>
> >> Lucky a couple that had been outbid on a few houses lately showed up for
> >> the second open house, stayed for an hour or so, made an offer that
> >> evening, and provided generous due diligence money.
> > Regret I've been here for about six years and never met up with any of
> > the RTP rsfck'ers. I think I offered to meet up once or twice, but no one
> > wanted to. I guess I should AFO&U since I have no friends.
> >
> Well the pandemic was two of those years and that’s cramped meeting anyone
> in person. The only fishyball I’ve had during that time was last summer
> when numbers were low and ConnReeder was passing through. If it didn’t
> occur to me to invite you I apologize. It was a lunch during a weekday
> though.

Hey I’m still here for another month. We move March 17.

> I stalked your house on Zillow so I saw your saga and location. It’s a nice
> house but yeah backed up to Millbrook would definitely give pause. Looks
> like you’re still gonna make a pretty penny on it so I’m not too
> sympathetic.

~70 percent investment appreciation over 5 years…200K increase since 2019

> I’ll be sure to lay on the horn while passing behind your house on the way
> to and back from Burnie’s on a weekend morning, so you don’t feel excluded.
> Don’t worry we are not early birds you you’ll probably be up. If it’s too
> late and your buyers are in there…well they knew Millbrook was there when
> they bought, right?

Yeah, they don’t seem to care about the noise. Older couple, college kids out of house, etc

> Good luck in your new place and sorry we never met.

I’m here for another month. Geez us, AFO&U.

> --
> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: moving

<be8306ec-670e-447e-a8b5-3d4156ccd8f0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60470&group=rec.sport.football.college#60470

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 05:46:14 -0800 (PST)
From: tobydra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 13:46 UTC

On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 8:49:09 PM UTC-5, cork...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 1:43:41 PM UTC-6, mercellusb wrote:
> > We're moving from Raleigh to Metairie, LA (New Orleans). It's been somewhat complicated this time. We are dealing with a bit of incompetence on the part of the mortgage company, plus we have kind of a challenging house to sell. Someone was murdered in our house...

> > hehe not really
> >
> > It's also taken seven days to get an offer on our Raleigh house after being assured we would be sorting through multiple offers at higher than asking. We stayed in a hotel for the first few showing days, a long weekend. We thought we'd be sorting through offers when we got home, but nope.
> >
> > Our house backs up to Millbrook Road. This road can get super busy and is also a local car racing zone. It was still super busy pre-Covid, but the racing is a lot more the past couple of years.
> >
> > Anyway, the noise has never bothered us much, and it's super convenient to get to Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Butcher's Market is on the corner..
> >
> > Lucky a couple that had been outbid on a few houses lately showed up for the second open house, stayed for an hour or so, made an offer that evening, and provided generous due diligence money.
> Remember this when you get to Metairie.. Mr Eds on Live Oak is one of the best places to eat. Neighborhood restaurant with great food. We always plan our trips to Nola through Mr Ed's.
> And, there are several Mr Ed's in the NOLA area but the one in Metairie is the best. I think it's the best place I've eaten there that's not one of the real big name places.
Yeah that’s the original Mr Ed’s. Was there a couple of months ago. Family is from New Orleans.

Re: moving

<78386ee6-ea8d-441d-98b9-69d94bcdb52an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60471&group=rec.sport.football.college#60471

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 05:48:55 -0800 (PST)
From: tobydra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 13:48 UTC

On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 4:29:48 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > mercellusb <tdr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Regret I've been here for about six years and never met up with any of
> >> the RTP rsfck'ers. I think I offered to meet up once or twice, but no one
> >> wanted to. I guess I should AFO&U since I have no friends.
> >>

> > Well the pandemic was two of those years and that’s cramped meeting anyone
> > in person. The only fishyball I’ve had during that time was last summer
> > when numbers were low and ConnReeder was passing through. If it didn’t
> > occur to me to invite you I apologize. It was a lunch during a weekday
> > though.
> >
> > I stalked your house on Zillow so I saw your saga and location. It’s a nice
> > house but yeah backed up to Millbrook would definitely give pause. Looks
> > like you’re still gonna make a pretty penny on it so I’m not too
> > sympathetic.
> >
> > I’ll be sure to lay on the horn while passing behind your house on the way
> > to and back from Burnie’s on a weekend morning, so you don’t feel excluded.
> > Don’t worry we are not early birds you you’ll probably be up. If it’s too
> > late and your buyers are in there…well they knew Millbrook was there when
> > they bought, right?
> >
> > Good luck in your new place and sorry we never met.
> >
> As long as we’re talking about Raleigh real estate a friend of mine tried
> to save some pennies by selling a rental townhouse he owns FSBO. Who needs
> a realtor in this market amirite? Except he didn’t get enough due
> diligence money and lost his buyer over an inspection issue. I was like
> “dude how can you be the only person in Raleigh to lose a buyer over an
> inspection issue? You should have got like $30k in DD that would have kept
> your buyer on the hook and if they still bailed you’d have $30k to make
> repairs and have money left over, and get another buyer. Didn’t your
> realtor explain this to you? Oh right you were too cheap to hire one”.
> --
> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> liberal personality.” — Altie
People bought our house as is. They are having an inspection for info purposes only. 100K DD.

Re: moving

<sv2re6$s2g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60473&group=rec.sport.football.college#60473

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:19:50 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:LFoKNKtqEY9F2z7TYxVjq/enQxU=
 by: xyzzy - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:19 UTC

mercellusb <tobydrake7@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 4:29:48 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
>> xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Well the pandemic was two of those years and that’s cramped meeting anyone
>>> in person. The only fishyball I’ve had during that time was last summer
>>> when numbers were low and ConnReeder was passing through. If it didn’t
>>> occur to me to invite you I apologize. It was a lunch during a weekday
>>> though.
>>>
>>> I stalked your house on Zillow so I saw your saga and location. It’s a nice
>>> house but yeah backed up to Millbrook would definitely give pause. Looks
>>> like you’re still gonna make a pretty penny on it so I’m not too
>>> sympathetic.
>>>
>>> I’ll be sure to lay on the horn while passing behind your house on the way
>>> to and back from Burnie’s on a weekend morning, so you don’t feel excluded.
>>> Don’t worry we are not early birds you you’ll probably be up. If it’s too
>>> late and your buyers are in there…well they knew Millbrook was there when
>>> they bought, right?
>>>
>>> Good luck in your new place and sorry we never met.
>>>
>> As long as we’re talking about Raleigh real estate a friend of mine tried
>> to save some pennies by selling a rental townhouse he owns FSBO. Who needs
>> a realtor in this market amirite? Except he didn’t get enough due
>> diligence money and lost his buyer over an inspection issue. I was like
>> “dude how can you be the only person in Raleigh to lose a buyer over an
>> inspection issue? You should have got like $30k in DD that would have kept
>> your buyer on the hook and if they still bailed you’d have $30k to make
>> repairs and have money left over, and get another buyer. Didn’t your
>> realtor explain this to you? Oh right you were too cheap to hire one”.
>> --
>> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
>> liberal personality.” — Altie
> People bought our house as is. They are having an inspection for info
> purposes only. 100K DD.

Nice. Congrats. At that DD level you almost hope they back out so you can
pocket $100k and sell your house again :)

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: moving

<sv2re7$s2g$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60474&group=rec.sport.football.college#60474

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:19:51 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:mXRW1P48qeUAiq0mfuHbN5rycD0=
 by: xyzzy - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:19 UTC

mercellusb <tobydrake7@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Regret I've been here for about six years and never met up with any of
>>> the RTP rsfck'ers. I think I offered to meet up once or twice, but no one
>>> wanted to. I guess I should AFO&U since I have no friends.
>>>
>> Well the pandemic was two of those years and that’s cramped meeting anyone
>> in person. The only fishyball I’ve had during that time was last summer
>> when numbers were low and ConnReeder was passing through. If it didn’t
>> occur to me to invite you I apologize. It was a lunch during a weekday
>> though.
>
> Hey I’m still here for another month. We move March 17.

Maybe I can scrape andrew up and we can do something in early March
assuming you aren’t too busy with your move by then. Haven’t actually
talked with andrew since he AFO&U’d.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: moving

<5be7cafc-f12d-48f8-bdeb-8f1f95ca8cabn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60478&group=rec.sport.football.college#60478

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 06:47:07 -0800 (PST)
From: tobydra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:47 UTC

On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 9:19:54 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> mercellusb <tobyd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> As long as we’re talking about Raleigh real estate a friend of mine tried
> >> to save some pennies by selling a rental townhouse he owns FSBO. Who needs
> >> a realtor in this market amirite? Except he didn’t get enough due
> >> diligence money and lost his buyer over an inspection issue. I was like
> >> “dude how can you be the only person in Raleigh to lose a buyer over an
> >> inspection issue? You should have got like $30k in DD that would have kept
> >> your buyer on the hook and if they still bailed you’d have $30k to make
> >> repairs and have money left over, and get another buyer. Didn’t your
> >> realtor explain this to you? Oh right you were too cheap to hire one”.
> >> --
> >> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> >> liberal personality.” — Altie
> > People bought our house as is. They are having an inspection for info
> > purposes only. 100K DD.
> >
> Nice. Congrats. At that DD level you almost hope they back out so you can
> pocket $100k and sell your house again :)
> --
> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> liberal personality.” — Altie
I was super bummed about everyone loving the house and hating the road. I'm relieved that we got that offer.

Re: moving

<8b47ca82-f2b2-4358-a7c3-411d387f33cen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60479&group=rec.sport.football.college#60479

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 06:51:07 -0800 (PST)
From: 1jay1mil...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:51 UTC

On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 8:47:11 AM UTC-6, mercellusb wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 9:19:54 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> > mercellusb <tobyd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > People bought our house as is. They are having an inspection for info
> > > purposes only. 100K DD.
> > >
> > Nice. Congrats. At that DD level you almost hope they back out so you can
> > pocket $100k and sell your house again :)
> > --
> > “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> > liberal personality.” — Altie
> I was super bummed about everyone loving the house and hating the road. I'm relieved that we got that offer.

I guess that’s better than if everyone loved the road but hated the house.

Re: moving

<472769cc-6f94-4339-bdd3-f172de5504acn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60489&group=rec.sport.football.college#60489

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 12:43:38 -0800 (PST)
From: tobydra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 20:43 UTC

"loving a road" wittuk!?

Re: moving

<d141d4c9-0cec-47c9-be23-e9fb7dd8fd47n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60490&group=rec.sport.football.college#60490

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 13:03:50 -0800 (PST)
From: tobydra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 21:03 UTC

On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 9:19:55 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> mercellusb <tobyd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Well the pandemic was two of those years and that’s cramped meeting anyone
> >> in person. The only fishyball I’ve had during that time was last summer
> >> when numbers were low and ConnReeder was passing through. If it didn’t
> >> occur to me to invite you I apologize. It was a lunch during a weekday
> >> though.
> >
> > Hey I’m still here for another month. We move March 17.
> Maybe I can scrape andrew up and we can do something in early March
> assuming you aren’t too busy with your move by then. Haven’t actually
> talked with andrew since he AFO&U’d.
> --
> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> liberal personality.” — Altie
I have a colonoscopy in early March.

Re: moving

<8f5a8639-f8f0-4e46-99ea-73f674cade5fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60491&group=rec.sport.football.college#60491

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 13:07:14 -0800 (PST)
From: tdra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 21:07 UTC

On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 4:03:54 PM UTC-5, mercellusb wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 9:19:55 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> > mercellusb <tobyd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Hey I’m still here for another month. We move March 17.
> > Maybe I can scrape andrew up and we can do something in early March
> > assuming you aren’t too busy with your move by then. Haven’t actually
> > talked with andrew since he AFO&U’d.
> > --
> > “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> > liberal personality.” — Altie
> I have a colonoscopy in early March.
What about Friday, March 11. That's after my colonoscopy and before the days my wife would kill me for not helping her pack boxes.
I actually have always thought you were Andrew Smith.

Re: moving

<1b193278-5f62-4711-bed1-8a62c51d26acn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60492&group=rec.sport.football.college#60492

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 13:51:06 -0800 (PST)
From: 1jay1mil...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 21:51 UTC

On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 2:43:42 PM UTC-6, mercellusb wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 9:51:11 AM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:

> > > I was super bummed about everyone loving the house and hating the road. I'm relieved that we got that offer.
> > I guess that’s better than if everyone loved the road but hated the house.
> "loving a road" wittuk!?

I guess you’ve never be to the Champs-Élysées during a magical Parisian evening.

Re: moving

<0b6445d4-b4cd-4212-9ce3-5359a3f35966n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60493&group=rec.sport.football.college#60493

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:24:00 -0800 (PST)
From: tdra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 22:24 UTC

overrated

Re: moving

<sv46ik$8no$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60507&group=rec.sport.football.college#60507

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 02:36:04 -0000 (UTC)
<0b6445d4-b4cd-4212-9ce3-5359a3f35966n@googlegroups.com>
sha1:3tjJkt+7DUkc00rjtkX/lao3Lds=
 by: xyzzy - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 02:36 UTC

mercellusb <tdrake7@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 4:51:12 PM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:

>>> "loving a road" wittuk!?
>> I guess you’ve never be to the Champs-Élysées during a magical Parisian evening.
> overrated

Have to agree

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: moving

<sv61s8$nl$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60549&group=rec.sport.football.college#60549

From: kol...@freedomnet.org (Ken Olson)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 14:28:08 -0500
 by: Ken Olson - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 19:28 UTC

Believe me, there are such idots.

--
ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Re: moving

<sv620q$kah$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60550&group=rec.sport.football.college#60550

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 19:30:35 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:gUvpZ1a9NXwh1x4yO2rLTLD/b7I=
 by: xyzzy - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 19:30 UTC

mercellusb <tdrake7@gmail.com> wrote:
> We're moving from Raleigh to Metairie, LA (New Orleans). It's been
> somewhat complicated this time. We are dealing with a bit of incompetence
> on the part of the mortgage company, plus we have kind of a challenging
> house to sell. Someone was murdered in our house...

> hehe not really
>
> It's also taken seven days to get an offer on our Raleigh house after
> being assured we would be sorting through multiple offers at higher than
> asking. We stayed in a hotel for the first few showing days, a long
> weekend. We thought we'd be sorting through offers when we got home, but nope.

Is this the scene you were hoping for for your listing?

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article258677088.html

(Article contains a video of a mob scene at a house in Raleigh that came on
the market for under $300k).

Crazy.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: moving

<2959e02f-dfee-44bd-a237-95232684d452n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60558&group=rec.sport.football.college#60558

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 14:33:40 -0800 (PST)
From: tdra...@gmail.com (mercellusb)
 by: mercellusb - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 22:33 UTC

On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 2:30:39 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> mercellusb <tdr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > We're moving from Raleigh to Metairie, LA (New Orleans). It's been
> > somewhat complicated this time. We are dealing with a bit of incompetence
> > on the part of the mortgage company, plus we have kind of a challenging
> > house to sell. Someone was murdered in our house...

> > hehe not really
> >
> > It's also taken seven days to get an offer on our Raleigh house after
> > being assured we would be sorting through multiple offers at higher than
> > asking. We stayed in a hotel for the first few showing days, a long
> > weekend. We thought we'd be sorting through offers when we got home, but nope.
> Is this the scene you were hoping for for your listing?
>
> https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article258677088.html
>
> (Article contains a video of a mob scene at a house in Raleigh that came on
> the market for under $300k).
>

> Crazy.
> --
> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> liberal personality.” — Altie

I was hoping for about three offers, all above asking.
The offer we got was not above asking.
Here is our house: https://www.zillow.com/homes/1005-Ivy-Ln-Raleigh,-NC-27609_rb/