From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Warriors' team shooting stats
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 12:42:48 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.17.1
 by: Robin Miller - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 17:42 UTC

Fitz and Kelenna brought this up last night:

Warriors are 21st in the league with a 45.4% FG%

17th in 3-point shooting percentage with 35.7%

15th in FT shooting percentage at 76.8%

This is not going to get it done, especially since they commit so many
turnovers, leading to fewer overall possessions (although offset
somewhat by their offensive rebounding, where they are tied for 3rd).

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/traditional?dir=A&sort=FT_PCT

--Robin

Re: Warriors' team shooting stats

<krchfoFhbjaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6090&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6090

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: Warriors' team shooting stats
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 12:48:39 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 17:48 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:

> Fitz and Kelenna brought this up last night:
>
> Warriors are 21st in the league with a 45.4% FG%
>
> 17th in 3-point shooting percentage with 35.7%
>
> 15th in FT shooting percentage at 76.8%
>
> This is not going to get it done, especially since they commit so many
> turnovers, leading to fewer overall possessions (although offset
> somewhat by their offensive rebounding, where they are tied for 3rd).
>

> https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/traditional?dir=A&sort=FT_PCT
>
> --Robin

However, I noticed that the Warriors are only 13th in turnovers at
14.5/game, which isn't terrible, and is only 1.5 fewer than the
second-place teams, who have 13.0.

Warriors are 13th in steals at 7.9.

A lot of perfectly mediocre stats here.

--Robin

Re: Warriors' team shooting stats

<uis9lt$g0ef$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6093&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6093

From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 20:45:49 -0800
 by: Allen - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 04:45 UTC

On 11/12/2023 9:42 AM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Fitz and Kelenna brought this up last night:
>
> Warriors are 21st in the league with a 45.4% FG%
>
> 17th in 3-point shooting percentage with 35.7%
>
> 15th in FT shooting percentage at 76.8%
>
> This is not going to get it done, especially since they commit so many
> turnovers, leading to fewer overall possessions (although offset
> somewhat by their offensive rebounding, where they are tied for 3rd).
>

> https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/traditional?dir=A&sort=FT_PCT
>
> --Robin

Other teams seem to have figured out how to play the Warriors,
especially if you have tall, athletic bigs. That, combined with the
deterioration of Klay and Wiggins, I think has contributed a lot to
those poor percentages. This also seems to me like one of those things
that could turn around fast - say if Wiggins suddenly gets out of his slump.

Re: Warriors' team shooting stats

<krdqkqFo1r4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6094&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6094

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 00:31:04 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 05:31 UTC

Allen wrote:
> On 11/12/2023 9:42 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> Fitz and Kelenna brought this up last night:
>>
>> Warriors are 21st in the league with a 45.4% FG%
>>
>> 17th in 3-point shooting percentage with 35.7%
>>
>> 15th in FT shooting percentage at 76.8%
>>
>> This is not going to get it done, especially since they commit so many
>> turnovers, leading to fewer overall possessions (although offset
>> somewhat by their offensive rebounding, where they are tied for 3rd).
>>

>> https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/traditional?dir=A&sort=FT_PCT
>>
>> --Robin
>

> Other teams seem to have figured out how to play the Warriors,
> especially if you have tall, athletic bigs. That, combined with the
> deterioration of Klay and Wiggins, I think has contributed a lot to
> those poor percentages. This also seems to me like one of those things
> that could turn around fast - say if Wiggins suddenly gets out of his
> slump.

Yes, it does come down to Wiggins (and Klay). Neither is playing well
enough. The bench is fine. In a lot of games, most of the starters have
negative +/- while most of the bench are positive.

Steph is playing and shooting heroically but he can't continue this pace.

It's disappointing. It didn't look like they were ever going to overtake
either Cleveland in their two games or Minnesota in the game tonight.
(And how did KAT get so good defensively?)

They used to be able to overcome height but I think that time may have
ended unless they recover their shooting touch as a team.

Here's something I have been wondering about recently... What happened
to Steph's streak of making a three-point shot in every game? They used
to talk about it endlessly.

Well, according to this article it ended back in the 2022 playoffs:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34088157/stephen-curry-keep-shooting-nba-best-run-233-games-made-3-ends-golden-state-warriors-game-5-win

I didn't realize that the streak included playoff games, and I didn't
remember that it had ended.

--Robin