I'd rather push my Harley than ride a rice burner.

sport / rec.sport.football.college / The Biden Administration and drilling permits

SubjectAuthor
* The Biden Administration and drilling permitsxyzzy
`* Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsEmperor Wonko the Sane
 `* Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsIrish Mike
  `* Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsRoddyMcCorley
   `* Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsfloaterjr
    `* Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsCon Reeder, unhyphenated American
     `* Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsjoe
      `* Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsJohnny RSFCootball
       +* Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsjoe
       |`* Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsJohnny RSFCootball
       | `* Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsjoe
       |  +* Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsKen Olson
       |  |`* Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsleonard hofstatder
       |  | `- Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsCon Reeder, unhyphenated American
       |  `* Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsCon Reeder, unhyphenated American
       |   `- Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsKen Olson
       `- Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permitsCon Reeder, unhyphenated American

1
The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<t091fb$9es$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60930&group=rec.sport.football.college#60930

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Subject: The Biden Administration and drilling permits
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 01:55:55 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:yj94CMYZF5uQERmCxPgjGYRyiG4=
 by: xyzzy - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 01:55 UTC

https://biologicaldiversity.org/w/news/press-releases/new-data-biden-slays-trumps-first-year-drilling-permitting-by-34-2022-01-21/

New federal data shows the Biden administration approved 3,557 permits for
oil and gas drilling on public lands in its first year, far outpacing the
Trump administration’s first-year total of 2,658.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<f655e3b3-f040-4f0a-8022-20d57bdf369an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60946&group=rec.sport.football.college#60946

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 07:42:28 -0800 (PST)
From: dou...@sorensensdomain.net (Emperor Wonko the Sane)
 by: Emperor Wonko the Sa - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 15:42 UTC

On Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 7:55:59 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
> https://biologicaldiversity.org/w/news/press-releases/new-data-biden-slays-trumps-first-year-drilling-permitting-by-34-2022-01-21/
>
> New federal data shows the Biden administration approved 3,557 permits for
> oil and gas drilling on public lands in its first year, far outpacing the
> Trump administration’s first-year total of 2,658.

Before he suspended issuing permits
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/20/climate/carbon-biden-drilling-climate.html

Doug

Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<b4ee887d-ef7a-4504-9156-6834e8f132f4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60993&group=rec.sport.football.college#60993

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 18:29:35 -0800 (PST)
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 02:29 UTC

On Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 10:42:31 AM UTC-5, Emperor Wonko the Sane wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 7:55:59 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
> > https://biologicaldiversity.org/w/news/press-releases/new-data-biden-slays-trumps-first-year-drilling-permitting-by-34-2022-01-21/
> >
> > New federal data shows the Biden administration approved 3,557 permits for
> > oil and gas drilling on public lands in its first year, far outpacing the
> > Trump administration’s first-year total of 2,658.
> >
> Before he suspended issuing permits
> https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/20/climate/carbon-biden-drilling-climate.html
>
> Doug

Joe Biden crippled America's fossil fuel industry with punitive rules and
regulations. His drilling permits are so expensive and restrictive that
the American oil companies won't use them. Which is why we
have the highest inflation in 40 years and the average cost of a gallon
of gas is now $4.37 - heading for $5.00 a gallon.

Irish Mike

Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<t0ener$3ic$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61004&group=rec.sport.football.college#61004

From: Roddy.Mc...@verizon.net (RoddyMcCorley)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 00:41:49 -0500
 by: RoddyMcCorley - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 05:41 UTC

On 3/10/2022 9:29 PM, Irish Mike wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 10:42:31 AM UTC-5, Emperor Wonko the Sane wrote:
>> On Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 7:55:59 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
>>> https://biologicaldiversity.org/w/news/press-releases/new-data-biden-slays-trumps-first-year-drilling-permitting-by-34-2022-01-21/
>>>
>>> New federal data shows the Biden administration approved 3,557 permits for
>>> oil and gas drilling on public lands in its first year, far outpacing the
>>> Trump administration’s first-year total of 2,658.
>>>
>> Before he suspended issuing permits
>> https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/20/climate/carbon-biden-drilling-climate.html
>>
>> Doug
>
> Joe Biden crippled America's fossil fuel industry with punitive rules and
> regulations. His drilling permits are so expensive and restrictive that
> the American oil companies won't use them. Which is why we
> have the highest inflation in 40 years and the average cost of a gallon
> of gas is now $4.37 - heading for $5.00 a gallon.
>
> Irish Mike

1. The $ value assigned to CO2 for permitting assessments were
challenged by GOP states (esp. LA) and the decision "favoring" the GOP
had the effect of shooting them in their collective feet. Pretty laughable.

2. Seems strange that American oil companies won't use the 9,000+
drilling permits that they have been granted and already paid for. THERE
HAVE BEEN NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO PERMIT PRICING AND PRODUCTION
REGULATIONS SINCE BIDEN WAS ELECTED. Many of these granted but unused
permits were issued under the prior administration.

--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg

Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<06a321ca-59e1-481b-9596-ae06f1774383n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61005&group=rec.sport.football.college#61005

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 01:07:42 -0800 (PST)
From: gpg...@gmail.com (floaterjr)
 by: floaterjr - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 09:07 UTC

On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 12:41:51 AM UTC-5, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 3/10/2022 9:29 PM, Irish Mike wrote:

> >> Before he suspended issuing permits
> >> https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/20/climate/carbon-biden-drilling-climate.html
> >>
> >> Doug
> >
> > Joe Biden crippled America's fossil fuel industry with punitive rules and
> > regulations. His drilling permits are so expensive and restrictive that
> > the American oil companies won't use them. Which is why we
> > have the highest inflation in 40 years and the average cost of a gallon
> > of gas is now $4.37 - heading for $5.00 a gallon.
> >
> > Irish Mike
> 1. The $ value assigned to CO2 for permitting assessments were
> challenged by GOP states (esp. LA) and the decision "favoring" the GOP
> had the effect of shooting them in their collective feet. Pretty laughable.
>
> 2. Seems strange that American oil companies won't use the 9,000+
> drilling permits that they have been granted and already paid for. THERE
> HAVE BEEN NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO PERMIT PRICING AND PRODUCTION
> REGULATIONS SINCE BIDEN WAS ELECTED. Many of these granted but unused
> permits were issued under the prior administration.
>
> --
> "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
> practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg
Biden is the reason for gas prices that were going up long before the invasion. Up 50% since the election. Now instead of talking to Mobil, Exxon etc on how to raise production we are going to talk to Venezuela, Iran, and Saudi Arabia. The Saudi's won't even take Biden's phone call. The guy has no clue as to what to do. Meanwhile. The Ukraine is getting murdered. I've included an email form my uncle on what what the GD Russians do when they take the Ukraine over:

UKRAINE, UNDER ATTACK

March, 2022

The world watches in horror as Putin, and Russia, continue their savage, unprovoked assault on the civilians of Ukraine, an independent country and fellow member of the United Nations. And the Ukrainians, military and civilian, are challenging the tanks in the streets. Alone.

Please let me share a personal glimpse of what Russian occupation did to Ukrainians the last time.

As a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer in the town of Rohatyn, Ukraine, from 1999 to 2001--barely 10 years after the collapse of the USSR and the birth of an independent Ukraine--a Ukrainian teacher colleague told me that during the Russian occupation she had to baptize her son secretly, at night, because the Russians had outlawed all religions and religious services.

The Russians also outlawed speaking, or writing, the Ukrainian language. The people preserved works of their famous writer Taras Shevchenko by printing miniature pages which they hid in packages of thin paper used for rolling cigarettes.

Rohatyn had an impressive new neighborhood of two-story brick houses. But they were only incomplete shells, never worked on during my stay. Why? When the Soviets, who controlled everything with an iron hand, were collapsing back in Mother Russia, they cleverly manipulated Ukrainian currency--not once, but twice (from rubles to cupons to hryvnia), so that many Ukrainians lost everything.

Outside the Roman Catholic church is an Eternal Flame commemorating the fallen, which I saw every day from my third-floor classroom window. I never saw a flame. They could not afford to light it.

Near our apartment a plaque commemorated, in three languages--Ukrainian, Hebrew, and English--the Jewish community which thrived in Rohatyn for six hundred years, until annihilated by the Nazis in 1941-1943.

Walking home once from a night class for adults, my neighbor and Orthodox priest said "the Russians lied to us all my life. They told us America was a bad country, and Americans were bad people. And now...". His voice broke off.....Twenty years on, tears still come.

Before being assigned by Peace Corps to Rohatyn, I spent three months, with my wife and 52 other Peace Corps Trainees, in the city of Cherkasy, where we learned Ukraine's history, culture, and language, in intense all-day classes taught by the outstanding local Peace Corps staff, who shared their families' histories with us. Some joyful. Many heart-breaking

The once-thriving industrial sector of Cherkasy was now a collection of rusting structures and equipment. The Soviets assured they weren't leaving anything usable behind.

Ukraine had long been known as the Breadbasket of the Soviet Union, due to its vast reaches of fertile black soil ("chorno zem"). Moscow gained both money and prestige by selling huge quantities of wheat and other produce on international markets. Who paid? The Ukrainian growers, whose produce was systematically confiscated,leaving them little to eat. A survivor recorded how well the process worked in the 1920s, when many farmers starved and were found in their homes, lying on the bed in their best traditional dress, dead.

This is a glimpse of what Ukrainians are fighting to protect, and protect against. Will we let Putin destroy them again? My former colleagues there, afraid for their country and their children, implore me by phone and email to STOP him NOW! And prevent him from conquering...everyone.

U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer
Ukraine, 1999-2001

Austin, Texas

Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<slrnt2mg2a.10nbf.constance@karen.heins.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61008&group=rec.sport.football.college#61008

From: consta...@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 12:27:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 12:27 UTC

On 2022-03-11, floaterjr <gpgmga@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 12:41:51 AM UTC-5, RoddyMcCorley wrote:

>> > Joe Biden crippled America's fossil fuel industry with punitive rules and
>> > regulations. His drilling permits are so expensive and restrictive that
>> > the American oil companies won't use them. Which is why we
>> > have the highest inflation in 40 years and the average cost of a gallon
>> > of gas is now $4.37 - heading for $5.00 a gallon.
>> >
>> > Irish Mike
>> 1. The $ value assigned to CO2 for permitting assessments were
>> challenged by GOP states (esp. LA) and the decision "favoring" the GOP
>> had the effect of shooting them in their collective feet. Pretty laughable.
>>
>> 2. Seems strange that American oil companies won't use the 9,000+
>> drilling permits that they have been granted and already paid for. THERE
>> HAVE BEEN NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO PERMIT PRICING AND PRODUCTION
>> REGULATIONS SINCE BIDEN WAS ELECTED. Many of these granted but unused
>> permits were issued under the prior administration.
>>

> Biden is the reason for gas prices that were going up long before
> the invasion. Up 50% since the election. Now instead of talking to
> Mobil, Exxon etc on how to raise production we are going to talk to
> Venezuela, Iran, and Saudi Arabia. The Saudi's won't even take
> Biden's phone call. The guy has no clue as to what to do.

And this "9,000 lease" talking point of the left obscures the fact we
are using a higher percentage of leases than ever before. (And many of
those are recent low-quality leases in New Mexico that have signficant
left-cultivated opposition on various grounds.)

As far as the climate change thing goes, perhaps someone can answer
the question that stymies all the lefties who insist that there is
dangerous climate change going on...

The world has warmed 1.75 degrees C since 1800. Only .66 of that
occurred from 1950 until now, the first period where CO2 started
rising. What caused the rise in temperature from 1800-1950 and
what makes that different from what is happening today?

I'm waiting.

--
Function in chaos, finish in style. -- Unknown

Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<t4rm2h59amvmh1d01abpuv1o49i3i92m9b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61018&group=rec.sport.football.college#61018

From: joe...@mich.com
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 10:47:27 -0500
 by: joe...@mich.com - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 15:47 UTC

On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 12:27:54 -0000 (UTC), "Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <constance@duxmail.com> wrote:

>On 2022-03-11, floaterjr <gpgmga@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> 1. The $ value assigned to CO2 for permitting assessments were
>>> challenged by GOP states (esp. LA) and the decision "favoring" the GOP
>>> had the effect of shooting them in their collective feet. Pretty laughable.
>>>
>>> 2. Seems strange that American oil companies won't use the 9,000+
>>> drilling permits that they have been granted and already paid for. THERE
>>> HAVE BEEN NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO PERMIT PRICING AND PRODUCTION
>>> REGULATIONS SINCE BIDEN WAS ELECTED. Many of these granted but unused
>>> permits were issued under the prior administration.
>>>

>> Biden is the reason for gas prices that were going up long before
>> the invasion. Up 50% since the election. Now instead of talking to
>> Mobil, Exxon etc on how to raise production we are going to talk to
>> Venezuela, Iran, and Saudi Arabia. The Saudi's won't even take
>> Biden's phone call. The guy has no clue as to what to do.
>
>And this "9,000 lease" talking point of the left obscures the fact we
>are using a higher percentage of leases than ever before. (And many of
>those are recent low-quality leases in New Mexico that have signficant
>left-cultivated opposition on various grounds.)
>
>As far as the climate change thing goes, perhaps someone can answer
>the question that stymies all the lefties who insist that there is
>dangerous climate change going on...
>
>The world has warmed 1.75 degrees C since 1800. Only .66 of that
>occurred from 1950 until now, the first period where CO2 started
>rising. What caused the rise in temperature from 1800-1950 and
>what makes that different from what is happening today?
>
>I'm waiting.

Also, the sea level has risen 400 FEET in the last 20,000 years. That's an inch
every 4 years. Going by geologic history, it will rise another 50 feet before the cycle
heads downward. Humans have not changed the average rise, and there is nothing
humans can do to stop it from going to it's peak.

Liberals just like to feel like they are in control and it makes them feel good to think they
are doing something, but they can't stop this.

Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<7dbc3b58-8dec-4238-95ba-6b45422aee8fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61032&group=rec.sport.football.college#61032

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 10:39:12 -0800 (PST)
From: 1jay1mil...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 18:39 UTC

On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 9:47:33 AM UTC-6, j...@mich.com wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 12:27:54 -0000 (UTC), "Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <cons...@duxmail.com> wrote:

> >> Biden is the reason for gas prices that were going up long before
> >> the invasion. Up 50% since the election. Now instead of talking to
> >> Mobil, Exxon etc on how to raise production we are going to talk to
> >> Venezuela, Iran, and Saudi Arabia. The Saudi's won't even take
> >> Biden's phone call. The guy has no clue as to what to do.
> >
> >And this "9,000 lease" talking point of the left obscures the fact we
> >are using a higher percentage of leases than ever before. (And many of
> >those are recent low-quality leases in New Mexico that have signficant
> >left-cultivated opposition on various grounds.)
> >
> >As far as the climate change thing goes, perhaps someone can answer
> >the question that stymies all the lefties who insist that there is
> >dangerous climate change going on...
> >
> >The world has warmed 1.75 degrees C since 1800. Only .66 of that
> >occurred from 1950 until now, the first period where CO2 started
> >rising. What caused the rise in temperature from 1800-1950 and
> >what makes that different from what is happening today?
> >
> >I'm waiting.
> Also, the sea level has risen 400 FEET in the last 20,000 years. That's an inch
> every 4 years. Going by geologic history, it will rise another 50 feet before the cycle
> heads downward. Humans have not changed the average rise, and there is nothing
> humans can do to stop it from going to it's peak.
>
> Liberals just like to feel like they are in control and it makes them feel good to think they
> are doing something, but they can't stop this.

You sound like an expert in the field. Can you provide a list of your peer reviewed publications, so I can learn more?

Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<budn2hhlqvs25cm7263jm0pgtfcat9foge@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61040&group=rec.sport.football.college#61040

From: joe...@mich.com
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 16:26:43 -0500
 by: joe...@mich.com - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 21:26 UTC

On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 10:39:12 -0800 (PST), Johnny RSFCootball <1jay1miller1970@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 9:47:33 AM UTC-6, j...@mich.com wrote:

>> >And this "9,000 lease" talking point of the left obscures the fact we
>> >are using a higher percentage of leases than ever before. (And many of
>> >those are recent low-quality leases in New Mexico that have signficant
>> >left-cultivated opposition on various grounds.)
>> >
>> >As far as the climate change thing goes, perhaps someone can answer
>> >the question that stymies all the lefties who insist that there is
>> >dangerous climate change going on...
>> >
>> >The world has warmed 1.75 degrees C since 1800. Only .66 of that
>> >occurred from 1950 until now, the first period where CO2 started
>> >rising. What caused the rise in temperature from 1800-1950 and
>> >what makes that different from what is happening today?
>> >
>> >I'm waiting.
>> Also, the sea level has risen 400 FEET in the last 20,000 years. That's an inch
>> every 4 years. Going by geologic history, it will rise another 50 feet before the cycle
>> heads downward. Humans have not changed the average rise, and there is nothing
>> humans can do to stop it from going to it's peak.
>>
>> Liberals just like to feel like they are in control and it makes them feel good to think they
>> are doing something, but they can't stop this.
>
>You sound like an expert in the field. Can you provide a list of your peer reviewed publications, so I can learn more?

Typical. Can't challenge the facts so you challenge the messenger. I'm sure you know one doesn't have to be an expert
in a field to be able to read and learn, or do you? It's a simple matter to find well-known geological history, provided one actually
wants to know what it is. For some, facts that don't fit their ideology are ignored and pretended to not exist.

Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<2138aaa4-930c-493c-a60d-1e7cb28cc058n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61041&group=rec.sport.football.college#61041

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 13:52:33 -0800 (PST)
From: 1jay1mil...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 21:52 UTC

On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 3:26:49 PM UTC-6, j...@mich.com wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 10:39:12 -0800 (PST), Johnny RSFCootball <1jay1mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Also, the sea level has risen 400 FEET in the last 20,000 years. That's an inch
> >> every 4 years. Going by geologic history, it will rise another 50 feet before the cycle
> >> heads downward. Humans have not changed the average rise, and there is nothing
> >> humans can do to stop it from going to it's peak.
> >>
> >> Liberals just like to feel like they are in control and it makes them feel good to think they
> >> are doing something, but they can't stop this.
> >
> >You sound like an expert in the field. Can you provide a list of your peer reviewed publications, so I can learn more?
> Typical. Can't challenge the facts so you challenge the messenger. I'm sure you know one doesn't have to be an expert
> in a field to be able to read and learn, or do you? It's a simple matter to find well-known geological history, provided one actually
> wants to know what it is. For some, facts that don't fit their ideology are ignored and pretended to not exist.

Yes I know you’re not an expert in the field, and yet you tried to speak with an amount of authority that you haven’t earned. Putting politics aside, your analysis read like a freshman comp paper written by someone who began researching the topic at 10pm the night before, by googling some stuff and pasting it together into some sort of paper. Whether you’re a democrat or republican doesn’t matter to me. When it comes to the science, I’m not an expert either, but it’s clear that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

I should be nicer on a Friday but I’m tired of all the “I did my own research” types on the internet.

Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<slrnt2nj5b.10svv.constance@karen.heins.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61042&group=rec.sport.football.college#61042

From: consta...@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 22:26:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 22:26 UTC

On 2022-03-11, Johnny RSFCootball <1jay1miller1970@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 9:47:33 AM UTC-6, j...@mich.com wrote:

>> >And this "9,000 lease" talking point of the left obscures the fact we
>> >are using a higher percentage of leases than ever before. (And many of
>> >those are recent low-quality leases in New Mexico that have signficant
>> >left-cultivated opposition on various grounds.)
>> >
>> >As far as the climate change thing goes, perhaps someone can answer
>> >the question that stymies all the lefties who insist that there is
>> >dangerous climate change going on...
>> >
>> >The world has warmed 1.75 degrees C since 1800. Only .66 of that
>> >occurred from 1950 until now, the first period where CO2 started
>> >rising. What caused the rise in temperature from 1800-1950 and
>> >what makes that different from what is happening today?
>> >
>> >I'm waiting.
>> Also, the sea level has risen 400 FEET in the last 20,000 years. That's an inch
>> every 4 years. Going by geologic history, it will rise another 50 feet before the cycle
>> heads downward. Humans have not changed the average rise, and there is nothing
>> humans can do to stop it from going to it's peak.
>>
>> Liberals just like to feel like they are in control and it makes them feel good to think they
>> are doing something, but they can't stop this.
>
> You sound like an expert in the field. Can you provide a list of your
> peer reviewed publications, so I can learn more?

So you want to answer with an appeal to authority? Or is that argumentum
ad populum instead of verecundiam? If you can't make your argument so that
it can be understood by a layman, you don't know your subject.

I ask you to answer the question at hand. The data are there. As
someone who is postulating dangerous climate change caused by humans,
the burden of proof lies with you. Should be easy pickings if you
have anything.

--
Unix version of an PC virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone

Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<pv3p2hp0n6lt39iqirhdk1ip989kmp9j0s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61063&group=rec.sport.football.college#61063

From: joe...@mich.com
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
References: <t091fb$9es$1@dont-email.me> <f655e3b3-f040-4f0a-8022-20d57bdf369an@googlegroups.com> <b4ee887d-ef7a-4504-9156-6834e8f132f4n@googlegroups.com> <t0ener$3ic$1@dont-email.me> <06a321ca-59e1-481b-9596-ae06f1774383n@googlegroups.com> <slrnt2mg2a.10nbf.constance@karen.heins.net> <t4rm2h59amvmh1d01abpuv1o49i3i92m9b@4ax.com> <7dbc3b58-8dec-4238-95ba-6b45422aee8fn@googlegroups.com> <budn2hhlqvs25cm7263jm0pgtfcat9foge@4ax.com> <2138aaa4-930c-493c-a60d-1e7cb28cc058n@googlegroups.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 08:50:11 -0500
 by: joe...@mich.com - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:50 UTC

On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 13:52:33 -0800 (PST), Johnny RSFCootball <1jay1miller1970@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 3:26:49 PM UTC-6, j...@mich.com wrote:

>> >You sound like an expert in the field. Can you provide a list of your peer reviewed publications, so I can learn more?
>> Typical. Can't challenge the facts so you challenge the messenger. I'm sure you know one doesn't have to be an expert
>> in a field to be able to read and learn, or do you? It's a simple matter to find well-known geological history, provided one actually
>> wants to know what it is. For some, facts that don't fit their ideology are ignored and pretended to not exist.
>
>Yes I know you’re not an expert in the field, and yet you tried to speak with an amount of authority that you haven’t earned. Putting politics aside, your analysis read like a freshman comp paper written by someone who began researching the topic at 10pm the night before, by googling some stuff and pasting it together into some sort of paper. Whether you’re a democrat or republican doesn’t matter to me. When it comes to the science, I’m not an expert either, but it’s clear that you don’t know what you’re talking about.
>
>I should be nicer on a Friday but I’m tired of all the “I did my own research” types on the internet.

This is BS an you kow it.I was speaking as someone with an interest in the field and passing on some very-well known and understood
geological facts. PERIOD.

BTW, did you ever take an upperdivision class taught by a graduate student. If so, since he was not a PhD with years of experience and
multiple published papers, did you therefore reject everything he tried to teach you? Did you ever read or study a book on a subject of interest
and learn a few facts and understandings on an issue? Did you feel unqualified to discuss what you learned with others?

One more thing about the earth, that 20,000 year cycle, which has repeated uncountable times and gives us the ices ages and glacier melting,
when it is on the warming side of the cycle, rises at an overall average rate, but does have little periods (on geologic scale) of cool down and
faster warming, but the large scale slope if constant. The slope has not changed with the advent of humans and lately with the buring of fossil fuels.

If one truly believed CO2 and humans are a problem, they should stop parroting the media and learn about the earth's carbon cycle and the effect of
overpopuation, deforestation, and land clearing for human expansion. Fossil fuels are a nit by comparison.

Nevertheless, the sea levels will still continue to rise since CO2 is not what causing it.

Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<t0iimv$m88$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61066&group=rec.sport.football.college#61066

From: kol...@freedomnet.org (Ken Olson)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 11:45:17 -0500
<pv3p2hp0n6lt39iqirhdk1ip989kmp9j0s@4ax.com>
 by: Ken Olson - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:45 UTC

Touche.

--
ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<slrnt2q0ie.11g53.constance@karen.heins.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61070&group=rec.sport.football.college#61070

From: consta...@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 20:27:58 -0000 (UTC)
<pv3p2hp0n6lt39iqirhdk1ip989kmp9j0s@4ax.com>
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 20:27 UTC

On 2022-03-12, joe@mich.com <joe@mich.com> wrote:
> One more thing about the earth, that 20,000 year cycle, which has
> repeated uncountable times and gives us the ices ages and glacier
> melting, when it is on the warming side of the cycle, rises at an
> overall average rate, but does have little periods (on geologic
> scale) of cool down and faster warming, but the large scale slope if
> constant. The slope has not changed with the advent of humans and
> lately with the buring of fossil fuels.
>
> If one truly believed CO2 and humans are a problem, they should stop
> parroting the media and learn about the earth's carbon cycle and the
> effect of overpopuation, deforestation, and land clearing for human
> expansion. Fossil fuels are a nit by comparison.
>
> Nevertheless, the sea levels will still continue to rise since CO2
> is not what causing it.

Not only that, since the warmer the ocean is, the more CO2 it releases, the
CO2 levels tend to *lag* global temperature. And when things cool down, CO2
released by the ocean (a huge percentage of the total) goes down.

Remember, human CO2 is a tiny, tiny, percentage of the total.

Now I certainly am willing to believe that man has caused some
increase in temperature. But if we go back to the question I asked,
and the lack of answer (because they don't have one), the *amount* of
warming man has caused is unknown. The alarmists of course pretend
that *all* of the warming is due to man, but that is unlikely since
the world was warming before man could have added to it.

And if you hear one tell you they know how much warming man has
caused, they are simply lying. The IPCC is not stupid enough to try
that, though they are apparently stupid enough to allow the non-
scientist members of the organization make wild claims about effects
on storms, extreme weather, and other aspects/effects of climate. (I
understand that most of the *real* scientists of the IPCC are really
pissed about that.)

--
The only certain barrier to truth is the presumption that you already
have it. -- Chuck Missler

Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<t0j7n5$2a0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61073&group=rec.sport.football.college#61073

From: kol...@freedomnet.org (Ken Olson)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 17:43:48 -0500
<pv3p2hp0n6lt39iqirhdk1ip989kmp9j0s@4ax.com>
<slrnt2q0ie.11g53.constance@karen.heins.net>
 by: Ken Olson - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 22:43 UTC

On 3/12/2022 3:27 PM, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:
> On 2022-03-12, joe@mich.com <joe@mich.com> wrote:
>> One more thing about the earth, that 20,000 year cycle, which has
>> repeated uncountable times and gives us the ices ages and glacier
>> melting, when it is on the warming side of the cycle, rises at an
>> overall average rate, but does have little periods (on geologic
>> scale) of cool down and faster warming, but the large scale slope if
>> constant. The slope has not changed with the advent of humans and
>> lately with the buring of fossil fuels.
>>
>> If one truly believed CO2 and humans are a problem, they should stop
>> parroting the media and learn about the earth's carbon cycle and the
>> effect of overpopuation, deforestation, and land clearing for human
>> expansion. Fossil fuels are a nit by comparison.
>>
>> Nevertheless, the sea levels will still continue to rise since CO2
>> is not what causing it.
>
> Not only that, since the warmer the ocean is, the more CO2 it releases, the
> CO2 levels tend to *lag* global temperature. And when things cool down, CO2
> released by the ocean (a huge percentage of the total) goes down.
>
> Remember, human CO2 is a tiny, tiny, percentage of the total.
>
> Now I certainly am willing to believe that man has caused some
> increase in temperature. But if we go back to the question I asked,
> and the lack of answer (because they don't have one), the *amount* of
> warming man has caused is unknown. The alarmists of course pretend
> that *all* of the warming is due to man, but that is unlikely since
> the world was warming before man could have added to it.
>
> And if you hear one tell you they know how much warming man has
> caused, they are simply lying. The IPCC is not stupid enough to try
> that, though they are apparently stupid enough to allow the non-
> scientist members of the organization make wild claims about effects
> on storms, extreme weather, and other aspects/effects of climate. (I
> understand that most of the *real* scientists of the IPCC are really
> pissed about that.)

If anything the next ice age may be forestalled by a few hundred years.

--
ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<t0kt6d$f3u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61081&group=rec.sport.football.college#61081

From: n.n...@comcast.net (leonard hofstatder)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 08:56:29 -0500
<pv3p2hp0n6lt39iqirhdk1ip989kmp9j0s@4ax.com> <t0iimv$m88$1@dont-email.me>
 by: leonard hofstatder - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:56 UTC

On 3/12/2022 10:45 AM, Ken Olson wrote:
> On 3/12/2022 8:50 AM, joe@mich.com wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 13:52:33 -0800 (PST), Johnny RSFCootball
>> <1jay1miller1970@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yes I know you’re not an expert in the field, and yet you tried to
>>> speak with an amount of authority that you haven’t earned.  Putting
>>> politics aside, your analysis read like a freshman comp paper written
>>> by someone who began researching the topic at 10pm the night before,
>>> by googling some stuff and pasting it together into some sort of
>>> paper. Whether you’re a democrat or republican doesn’t matter to me.
>>> When it comes to the science, I’m not an expert either, but it’s
>>> clear that you don’t know what you’re talking about.
>>>
>>> I should be nicer on a Friday but I’m tired of all the “I did my own
>>> research” types on the internet.
>>
>> This is BS an you kow it.I was speaking as someone with an interest in
>> the field and passing on some very-well known and understood
>> geological facts. PERIOD.
>>
>> BTW, did you ever take an upperdivision class taught by a graduate
>> student. If so, since he was not a PhD with years of experience and
>> multiple published papers, did you therefore reject everything he
>> tried to teach you? Did you ever read or study a book on a subject of
>> interest
>> and learn a few facts and understandings on an issue? Did you feel
>> unqualified to discuss what you learned with others?
>>
>> One more thing about the earth, that 20,000 year cycle, which has
>> repeated uncountable times and gives us the ices ages and glacier
>> melting,
>> when it is on the warming side of the cycle, rises at an overall
>> average rate, but does have little periods  (on geologic scale) of
>> cool down and
>> faster warming, but the large scale slope if constant. The slope has
>> not changed with the advent of humans and lately with the buring of
>> fossil fuels.
>>
>> If one truly believed CO2 and humans are a problem, they should stop
>> parroting the media and learn about the earth's carbon cycle and the
>> effect of
>> overpopuation, deforestation, and land clearing for human expansion.
>> Fossil fuels are a nit by comparison.
>>
>> Nevertheless, the sea levels will still continue to rise since CO2 is
>> not what causing it.
>
> Touche.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: The Biden Administration and drilling permits

<slrnt2sre9.126kp.constance@karen.heins.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61091&group=rec.sport.football.college#61091

From: consta...@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 22:18:49 -0000 (UTC)
<pv3p2hp0n6lt39iqirhdk1ip989kmp9j0s@4ax.com> <t0iimv$m88$1@dont-email.me>
<t0kt6d$f3u$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 22:18 UTC