The real problem with hunting elephants is carrying the decoys.

sport / rec.sport.football.college / Re: keystone pipeline cancellation

SubjectAuthor
* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationfloaterjr
`* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationxyzzy
 +* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationfloaterjr
 |+- Re: keystone pipeline cancellationfloaterjr
 |`* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationxyzzy
 | +* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationxyzzy
 | |`* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationfloaterjr
 | | `- Re: keystone pipeline cancellationfloaterjr
 | `- Re: keystone pipeline cancellationCon Reeder, unhyphenated American
 +- Re: keystone pipeline cancellationCon Reeder, unhyphenated American
 +* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationThomas Enright
 |`* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationxyzzy
 | +* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationCon Reeder, unhyphenated American
 | |`* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationxyzzy
 | | `* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationCon Reeder, unhyphenated American
 | |  `* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationfloaterjr
 | |   `- Re: keystone pipeline cancellationCon Reeder, unhyphenated American
 | +* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationfloaterjr
 | |`* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationJohnny RSFCootball
 | | `* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationfloaterjr
 | |  `* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationJohnny RSFCootball
 | |   `* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationKen Olson
 | |    `* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationJohnny RSFCootball
 | |     `- Re: keystone pipeline cancellationKen Olson
 | `* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationTE
 |  `* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationJGibson
 |   `* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationTE
 |    `- Re: keystone pipeline cancellationCon Reeder, unhyphenated American
 `* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationEmperor Wonko the Sane
  +- Re: keystone pipeline cancellationCon Reeder, unhyphenated American
  `* Re: keystone pipeline cancellationThomas Enright
   `- Re: keystone pipeline cancellationCon Reeder, unhyphenated American

Pages:12
Re: keystone pipeline cancellation

<t08l6s$lhh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60917&group=rec.sport.football.college#60917

From: kol...@freedomnet.org (Ken Olson)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Subject: Re: keystone pipeline cancellation
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 17:26:32 -0500
 by: Ken Olson - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 22:26 UTC

On 3/8/2022 2:29 PM, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 7:56:38 AM UTC-6, floaterjr wrote:

>>> You said supply *and* demand, but haven’t mentioned anything about demand. Do you ever drive your car when you don’t really have to? If so, do you ever pass a gas station, complain about the high gas prices and Joe Biden, and then continue on with your nonessential car journey?
>> I guess I need to stop going to the bar every day ; - )
>
> I wonder how many Americans per day complain about high gas prices while idling in the drive thru line for thirty minutes, waiting for their fourth meal.

I have to wonder what a nonessential trip is. I doubt I make many.

--
ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Re: keystone pipeline cancellation

<slrnt2fmv7.vba2.constance@karen.heins.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60920&group=rec.sport.football.college#60920

From: consta...@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 22:42:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 22:42 UTC

On 2022-03-08, floaterjr <gpgmga@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 1:10:17 PM UTC-5, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:

>> > In Canada gas is over $1/gal more than here, yet they would divert their
>> > supply to us to keep our (lower) prices down? OK. If Keystone was the
>> > reason they should have lower prices because of all the supply
>> > theoretically trapped there.
>> That is not the dynamic. They have much more supply of crude than
>> necessary, but not much refining capability. Also, their taxes are
>> much higher.
>> >
>> > You conservatives are obsessed with the Keystone pipeline only because you
>> > see it as a political point. I don’t believe you really believe it’s some
>> > magic talisman that would solve all energy issues like you imply.
>> It is one of many investments that change the environment. There is
>> no magic bullet.
>>
>> You can't have your cake and eat it too -- either you support making
>> it more difficult to produce oil/gas/coal and own the result, or you
>> support enabling it.
>> > Our energy companies can increase supply already without needing any
>> > government policy changes. They are not producing what they can now.
>> So say you. If they won't produce it at these prices, I would argue
>> they can't.
>> > Like other corporations oil companies are happy to produce less at
>> > higher profit. I didn’t make that up. Analysts and the Exxon CEO
>> > have said so.
>> I agree. But they can't do that when competition increases. Witness
>> OPEC trying to get control of the crude market when Iran, Venezuela,
>> Russia, and Nigeria cheated on their targets.
>
> So from 2019 to 2021 the US had a net surplus of oil an refined
> product that we exported. The keystone was being built and then
> Biden get in office. His first act is to shut down the keystone
> pipeline as well as close all federal land to drilling and
> exploration. Had the pipeline been allowed to processed, it would
> have been ready at the end of this year to move Canadian crude to
> refineries in TX. More than enough to replace all Russian crude.

Indeed.

> I understand cutting off Russian crude but it will only work to
> increase profit for them.

I will differ here. I think Putin stepped on his dick and that they
are going to suffer in the long run as their crude and natural gas
struggle to find ready markets. The world will benefit by increased
nuclear and increased fossil fuel availability, assuming we can avoid
nuclear war.

We were needing to correct this damn monetary bubble we've been
pumping up, and we have our chance. Too bad a few hundred million
people will have to sink back into extreme poverty -- and tens of
millions starve -- as a result.

> The US needs, and I mean needs to open federal land to oil drilling
> that will indeed take years to develop but will take away the only
> power Putin has and that is oil and natural gas. Otherwise we will
> forever be held hostage by countries like Iran and Russia. Greening
> America is a great idea but we can't ignore the realities of the
> world as it is.

I don't think it needs to be federal land. That wouldn't be a bad
strategic reserve to have. If we can leverage this into a nuclear
energy transition that would be best.

--
Life is a long lesson in humility. -- James Barrie

Re: keystone pipeline cancellation

<slrnt2fn1f.vba2.constance@karen.heins.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60921&group=rec.sport.football.college#60921

From: consta...@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 22:43:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 22:43 UTC

On 2022-03-08, Emperor Wonko the Sane <doug@sorensensdomain.net> wrote:
> On Monday, March 7, 2022 at 3:49:32 AM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
>> floaterjr <gpg...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Instead Biden's going to Saudi Arabia and beg for increase in production.
>> > As Robert Gates once told congress. Joe Biden has been right on foreign
>> > policy for 30 years and I think that statement is as true today as when he said it.
>> >

>> Details, details.
>>
>> https://twitter.com/jrubinblogger/status/1500650956769447937?s=21
>>

> Leases are useless without drilling permits, which Biden has frozen.

And we are utilizing a higher percentage of leases than ever before.

> The real problem is that COVID caused a lot of companies to shutter.
> Those still standing capped off wells when there was no more storage
> available. When you cap a well, you don't just open it up. You have to
> drill a new one. I'm guessing that current oil prices are spurring a
> lot of new drilling, but that won't be on-line for a while.
>
> BTW, you can pretty much count on Jen Rubin to screw up the facts.
> She's the Hannity of the left-center.

That's for damn sure.

--
My wife is great. She doesn't care where I go, just as long as I don't
have any fun. -- Lee Trevino

Re: keystone pipeline cancellation

<b3422f62-20d4-4f36-855d-95fb77438783n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60926&group=rec.sport.football.college#60926

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 16:30:53 -0800 (PST)
From: 1jay1mil...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 00:30 UTC

On Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 4:26:41 PM UTC-6, Ken Olson wrote:
> On 3/8/2022 2:29 PM, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:

> >> I guess I need to stop going to the bar every day ; - )
> >
> > I wonder how many Americans per day complain about high gas prices while idling in the drive thru line for thirty minutes, waiting for their fourth meal.
> I have to wonder what a nonessential trip is. I doubt I make many.
>
> --
> ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Nothing personal but I don’t think you’re a typical American in 2022.

Re: keystone pipeline cancellation

<8bfafefb-eebc-474c-98bd-651085339f19n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60929&group=rec.sport.football.college#60929

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 17:25:23 -0800 (PST)
From: tomoenri...@gmail.com (Thomas Enright)
 by: Thomas Enright - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 01:25 UTC

On Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 3:11:36 PM UTC-5, Emperor Wonko the Sane wrote:
> On Monday, March 7, 2022 at 3:49:32 AM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
> > floaterjr <gpg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Instead Biden's going to Saudi Arabia and beg for increase in production.
> > > As Robert Gates once told congress. Joe Biden has been right on foreign
> > > policy for 30 years and I think that statement is as true today as when he said it.
> > >

> > Details, details.
> >
> > https://twitter.com/jrubinblogger/status/1500650956769447937?s=21
> >
> Leases are useless without drilling permits, which Biden has frozen. The real problem is that COVID
> caused a lot of companies to shutter. Those still standing capped off wells when there was no more
> storage available. When you cap a well, you don't just open it up. You have to drill a new one. I'm
> guessing that current oil prices are spurring a lot of new drilling, but that won't be on-line for a while.
>
> BTW, you can pretty much count on Jen Rubin to screw up the facts. She's the Hannity of the left-center.

Part of the problem is that you can drill all you want but just not where the oil is.

Jen Psaki and Joe Biden lying to the public about this was pretty amazing. Neither
attempted to even try explain it away or parse words. Just lie.

-TE

“On my first day as president, I will sign an executive order that puts a total moratorium on all new fossil
fuel leases for drilling offshore and on public lands. And I will ban fracking—everywhere,”
-Elizabeth Warren

Re: keystone pipeline cancellation

<t092gg$duu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60931&group=rec.sport.football.college#60931

From: kol...@freedomnet.org (Ken Olson)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 21:13:35 -0500
<b3422f62-20d4-4f36-855d-95fb77438783n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Ken Olson - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 02:13 UTC

TTG

--
ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Re: keystone pipeline cancellation

<slrnt2g9sr.vi4q.constance@karen.heins.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60932&group=rec.sport.football.college#60932

From: consta...@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 04:05:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 04:05 UTC

On 2022-03-09, Thomas Enright <tomoenright@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 3:11:36 PM UTC-5, Emperor Wonko the Sane wrote:

>> > Details, details.
>> >
>> > https://twitter.com/jrubinblogger/status/1500650956769447937?s=21
>> >
>> Leases are useless without drilling permits, which Biden has frozen. The real problem is that COVID
>> caused a lot of companies to shutter. Those still standing capped off wells when there was no more
>> storage available. When you cap a well, you don't just open it up. You have to drill a new one. I'm
>> guessing that current oil prices are spurring a lot of new drilling, but that won't be on-line for a while.
>>
>> BTW, you can pretty much count on Jen Rubin to screw up the facts. She's the Hannity of the left-center.
>
> Part of the problem is that you can drill all you want but just not where the oil is.
>
> Jen Psaki and Joe Biden lying to the public about this was pretty amazing. Neither
> attempted to even try explain it away or parse words. Just lie.

They are now actively blaming the high gas prices on Russia and Ukraine. If
the 70¢ a gallon that have been added in the past week were all that
there was, gas would be $2.99 a gallon now.

--
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters
will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks