From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Subject: Truth in advertising
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 18:38:32 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:rZDJNOa6PRvf5Diu5syAPWSefMc=
 by: xyzzy - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 18:38 UTC

https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/cumberland-center-2010-chevy-cobalt/7455772498.html

Since it probably won’t stay up long here’s the text:

Selling for a friend. 2010 Chevy Cobalt - it clears the lowest possible
hurdle for what constitutes a car, except that hurdle is on the ground next
to ride-on lawnmowers. It goes, it stops, and it consumes gasoline.

The 2010 Chevy Cobalt is the condom of cars- meant to be used for a short
while then thrown away without sentimental feelings. The seats feel like
sitting in a plastic tube slide as an adult. It’s fine for commuting but
not comfortable enough for a long trip. The 2010 Chevy Cobalt is BASIC
transportation. There is nothing sophisticated happening here. It beats
walking, but it’s not as good as riding a skateboard.

2010 Chevy Cobalt- the official car of using the Reyes filter on Instagram
to hide your cold sore. The official car of someone who got talked into
buying penny stocks. The official car of someone at the bottom of a
multi-level marketing scheme...

You just need a cheap daily beater to save some money, and this is it! The
world is your oyster - this 2010 Chevy Cobalt is your pearl! Sure the ride
feels like you’re getting jerked off by calloused hands, the speakers only
work in the back, and it’s best suited for driving to the coin-op
laundromat to get in a shoving match with someone over a dropped quarter,
but nobody hits the ground running with their dream car. This 2010 Cobalt
is reliable, unsexy, and doesn’t take a cent of your paycheck except to get
an inspection.

I guess it’s fun, but not compelling- sort of like jumping on a trampoline
with a sore ankle. And if we’re being honest, this car is not meant to be
fun, it’s meant to be Band-aided until it dies. It’s a one owner vehicle
with round tires, fresh inspection sticker, a clean title, and 102,000
original miles.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: Truth in advertising

<cd584453-7fe5-469c-8e37-d26e37292c18n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61046&group=rec.sport.football.college#61046

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 15:41:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Truth in advertising
From: watson...@gmail.com (unclejr)
 by: unclejr - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 23:41 UTC

On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 12:38:36 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
> https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/cumberland-center-2010-chevy-cobalt/7455772498.html
>
> Since it probably won’t stay up long here’s the text:
>
> Selling for a friend. 2010 Chevy Cobalt - it clears the lowest possible
> hurdle for what constitutes a car, except that hurdle is on the ground next
> to ride-on lawnmowers. It goes, it stops, and it consumes gasoline.
>
> The 2010 Chevy Cobalt is the condom of cars- meant to be used for a short
> while then thrown away without sentimental feelings. The seats feel like
> sitting in a plastic tube slide as an adult. It’s fine for commuting but
> not comfortable enough for a long trip. The 2010 Chevy Cobalt is BASIC
> transportation. There is nothing sophisticated happening here. It beats
> walking, but it’s not as good as riding a skateboard.
>
> 2010 Chevy Cobalt- the official car of using the Reyes filter on Instagram
> to hide your cold sore. The official car of someone who got talked into
> buying penny stocks. The official car of someone at the bottom of a
> multi-level marketing scheme...
>
> You just need a cheap daily beater to save some money, and this is it! The
> world is your oyster - this 2010 Chevy Cobalt is your pearl! Sure the ride
> feels like you’re getting jerked off by calloused hands, the speakers only
> work in the back, and it’s best suited for driving to the coin-op
> laundromat to get in a shoving match with someone over a dropped quarter,
> but nobody hits the ground running with their dream car. This 2010 Cobalt
> is reliable, unsexy, and doesn’t take a cent of your paycheck except to get
> an inspection.
>
> I guess it’s fun, but not compelling- sort of like jumping on a trampoline
> with a sore ankle. And if we’re being honest, this car is not meant to be
> fun, it’s meant to be Band-aided until it dies. It’s a one owner vehicle
> with round tires, fresh inspection sticker, a clean title, and 102,000
> original miles.
>
> --
> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> liberal personality.” — Altie

CL post of the month. All yours for $3,500 too.

Re: Truth in advertising

<4008f146-9995-4588-b993-02ee0021557en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61049&group=rec.sport.football.college#61049

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 15:56:33 -0800 (PST)
From: 1jay1mil...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 23:56 UTC

On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 12:38:36 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
> https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/cumberland-center-2010-chevy-cobalt/7455772498.html
>
> Since it probably won’t stay up long here’s the text:
>
> Selling for a friend. 2010 Chevy Cobalt - it clears the lowest possible
> hurdle for what constitutes a car, except that hurdle is on the ground next
> to ride-on lawnmowers. It goes, it stops, and it consumes gasoline.
>
> The 2010 Chevy Cobalt is the condom of cars- meant to be used for a short
> while then thrown away without sentimental feelings. The seats feel like
> sitting in a plastic tube slide as an adult. It’s fine for commuting but
> not comfortable enough for a long trip. The 2010 Chevy Cobalt is BASIC
> transportation. There is nothing sophisticated happening here. It beats
> walking, but it’s not as good as riding a skateboard.
>
> 2010 Chevy Cobalt- the official car of using the Reyes filter on Instagram
> to hide your cold sore. The official car of someone who got talked into
> buying penny stocks. The official car of someone at the bottom of a
> multi-level marketing scheme...
>
> You just need a cheap daily beater to save some money, and this is it! The
> world is your oyster - this 2010 Chevy Cobalt is your pearl! Sure the ride
> feels like you’re getting jerked off by calloused hands, the speakers only
> work in the back, and it’s best suited for driving to the coin-op
> laundromat to get in a shoving match with someone over a dropped quarter,
> but nobody hits the ground running with their dream car. This 2010 Cobalt
> is reliable, unsexy, and doesn’t take a cent of your paycheck except to get
> an inspection.
>
> I guess it’s fun, but not compelling- sort of like jumping on a trampoline
> with a sore ankle. And if we’re being honest, this car is not meant to be
> fun, it’s meant to be Band-aided until it dies. It’s a one owner vehicle
> with round tires, fresh inspection sticker, a clean title, and 102,000
> original miles.
>
> --
> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> liberal personality.” — Altie

Thanks for sharing I have a 15 yo who may need a car soon. This one sounds perfect.

Re: Truth in advertising

<slrnt2o6dj.112lu.constance@karen.heins.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61050&group=rec.sport.football.college#61050

From: consta...@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 03:55:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 03:55 UTC

On 2022-03-11, Johnny RSFCootball <1jay1miller1970@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 12:38:36 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
>> https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/cumberland-center-2010-chevy-cobalt/7455772498.html
>>
>> Since it probably won’t stay up long here’s the text:
>>
>> Selling for a friend. 2010 Chevy Cobalt - it clears the lowest possible
>> hurdle for what constitutes a car, except that hurdle is on the ground next
>> to ride-on lawnmowers. It goes, it stops, and it consumes gasoline.
>>
>> The 2010 Chevy Cobalt is the condom of cars- meant to be used for a short
>> while then thrown away without sentimental feelings. The seats feel like
>> sitting in a plastic tube slide as an adult. It’s fine for commuting but
>> not comfortable enough for a long trip. The 2010 Chevy Cobalt is BASIC
>> transportation. There is nothing sophisticated happening here. It beats
>> walking, but it’s not as good as riding a skateboard.
>>
>> 2010 Chevy Cobalt- the official car of using the Reyes filter on Instagram
>> to hide your cold sore. The official car of someone who got talked into
>> buying penny stocks. The official car of someone at the bottom of a
>> multi-level marketing scheme...
>>
>> You just need a cheap daily beater to save some money, and this is it! The
>> world is your oyster - this 2010 Chevy Cobalt is your pearl! Sure the ride
>> feels like you’re getting jerked off by calloused hands, the speakers only
>> work in the back, and it’s best suited for driving to the coin-op
>> laundromat to get in a shoving match with someone over a dropped quarter,
>> but nobody hits the ground running with their dream car. This 2010 Cobalt
>> is reliable, unsexy, and doesn’t take a cent of your paycheck except to get
>> an inspection.
>>
>> I guess it’s fun, but not compelling- sort of like jumping on a trampoline
>> with a sore ankle. And if we’re being honest, this car is not meant to be
>> fun, it’s meant to be Band-aided until it dies. It’s a one owner vehicle
>> with round tires, fresh inspection sticker, a clean title, and 102,000
>> original miles.
>>
>> --
>> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
>> liberal personality.” — Altie
>
> Thanks for sharing I have a 15 yo who may need a car soon. This one sounds perfect.

You might as well get him a chastity belt.

--
The problem with Internet quotations is that many of them
are not genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln

Re: Truth in advertising

<464c5153-91d0-474a-9dcb-0bb5adb04d98n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61052&group=rec.sport.football.college#61052

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 20:17:37 -0800 (PST)
From: 1jay1mil...@gmail.com (Johnny RSFCootball)
 by: Johnny RSFCootball - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 04:17 UTC

On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 9:55:35 PM UTC-6, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:
> On 2022-03-11, Johnny RSFCootball <1jay1mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 12:38:36 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
> >> https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/cumberland-center-2010-chevy-cobalt/7455772498.html
> >>
> >> Since it probably won’t stay up long here’s the text:
> >>
> >> Selling for a friend. 2010 Chevy Cobalt - it clears the lowest possible
> >> hurdle for what constitutes a car, except that hurdle is on the ground next
> >> to ride-on lawnmowers. It goes, it stops, and it consumes gasoline.
> >>
> >> The 2010 Chevy Cobalt is the condom of cars- meant to be used for a short
> >> while then thrown away without sentimental feelings. The seats feel like
> >> sitting in a plastic tube slide as an adult. It’s fine for commuting but
> >> not comfortable enough for a long trip. The 2010 Chevy Cobalt is BASIC
> >> transportation. There is nothing sophisticated happening here. It beats
> >> walking, but it’s not as good as riding a skateboard.
> >>
> >> 2010 Chevy Cobalt- the official car of using the Reyes filter on Instagram
> >> to hide your cold sore. The official car of someone who got talked into
> >> buying penny stocks. The official car of someone at the bottom of a
> >> multi-level marketing scheme...
> >>
> >> You just need a cheap daily beater to save some money, and this is it! The
> >> world is your oyster - this 2010 Chevy Cobalt is your pearl! Sure the ride
> >> feels like you’re getting jerked off by calloused hands, the speakers only
> >> work in the back, and it’s best suited for driving to the coin-op
> >> laundromat to get in a shoving match with someone over a dropped quarter,
> >> but nobody hits the ground running with their dream car. This 2010 Cobalt
> >> is reliable, unsexy, and doesn’t take a cent of your paycheck except to get
> >> an inspection.
> >>
> >> I guess it’s fun, but not compelling- sort of like jumping on a trampoline
> >> with a sore ankle. And if we’re being honest, this car is not meant to be
> >> fun, it’s meant to be Band-aided until it dies. It’s a one owner vehicle
> >> with round tires, fresh inspection sticker, a clean title, and 102,000
> >> original miles.
> >>
> >> --
> >> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> >> liberal personality.” — Altie
> >
> > Thanks for sharing I have a 15 yo who may need a car soon. This one sounds perfect.
> You might as well get him a chastity belt.
>
> --
> The problem with Internet quotations is that many of them
> are not genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln

I want him to learn how to get laid without having a nice car. Life’s a lot cheaper that way.

Re: Truth in advertising

<t0hbl3$rsd$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61058&group=rec.sport.football.college#61058

From: Roddy.Mc...@verizon.net (RoddyMcCorley)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 00:38:43 -0500
 by: RoddyMcCorley - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 05:38 UTC

On 3/11/2022 11:17 PM, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
> On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 9:55:35 PM UTC-6, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:

> I want him to learn how to get laid without having a nice car. Life’s a lot cheaper that way.

:-)

--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg