From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: A terrible loss
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 02:54:55 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.17.1
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 07:54 UTC

It's almost hard to believe.

Slater sums it up:

Anthony Slater @anthonyVslater

Worst night of a horrible stretch for the Warriors.

*Blow a 24-point lead
*Chris Paul, Gary Payton II leave with injuries
*Kerr goes away from Moody while he was on a heater
*Two Curry/Draymond turnovers in final minute give Kings life
*Lose 4th quarter 29-19
*Record: 8-10

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1729742554365612345

The Warriors used to win games by clamping down on defense at the end.
The apparently can't do that anymore. Right now they can only win with
hot shooting, which comes and goes.

--Robin

Re: A terrible loss

<kspgbqFmil6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6153&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6153

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: A terrible loss
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 14:05:25 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 19:05 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:

> It's almost hard to believe.
>
> Slater sums it up:
>
> Anthony Slater @anthonyVslater
>
> Worst night of a horrible stretch for the Warriors.
>
> *Blow a 24-point lead
> *Chris Paul, Gary Payton II leave with injuries
> *Kerr goes away from Moody while he was on a heater
> *Two Curry/Draymond turnovers in final minute give Kings life
> *Lose 4th quarter 29-19
> *Record: 8-10
>
> https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1729742554365612345
>

> The Warriors used to win games by clamping down on defense at the end.
> The apparently can't do that anymore. Right now they can only win with
> hot shooting, which comes and goes.
>
> --Robin

Another nugget from Slater:

Anthony Slater @anthonyVslater

The Warriors are the first team since 2014 to allow 40+ free throws and
commit 20+ turnovers in the same game. Feels like last season.

Steve Kerr: “We made those two things the focal point at the start of
camp. We haven’t made those two improvements.”

More of my thoughts:

Wiggins was great and kept the team in the game, along with Steph. Klay
was hot early. Pulling Moody was a mistake. How many times will the vets
lose the game before Kerr gives the young players more of a chance? That
new guy from Europe for the Kings (not a young player, though) turned
the game around for them.

However, Kuminga was a complete zero last night, with three missed shots
and two turnovers in five offensive possessions.

And even I am starting to get tired of Green's complaining to the
officials all the time. From Slater:

> Monk would say postgame that Green’s technical sequence “was definitely the momentum we needed.”

Green played a great first half the team had probably its best first
half of the season. It helped that they were hitting all their shots.
But then the game turned and Green diminished just when the team needed
him the most. Sigh.

And how long will Paul, and especially GPII, be out?

--Robin

Re: A terrible loss

<uk8npq$126i1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6154&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6154

From: farberbe...@aol.com (David Farber)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 17:16:44 -0800
 by: David Farber - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 01:16 UTC

On 11/29/2023 11:05 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> It's almost hard to believe.
>>
>> Slater sums it up:
>>
>> Anthony Slater @anthonyVslater
>>
>> Worst night of a horrible stretch for the Warriors.
>>
>> *Blow a 24-point lead
>> *Chris Paul, Gary Payton II leave with injuries
>> *Kerr goes away from Moody while he was on a heater
>> *Two Curry/Draymond turnovers in final minute give Kings life
>> *Lose 4th quarter 29-19
>> *Record: 8-10
>>
>> https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1729742554365612345
>>

>> The Warriors used to win games by clamping down on defense at the end.
>> The apparently can't do that anymore. Right now they can only win with
>> hot shooting, which comes and goes.
>>
>> --Robin
>>

> Another nugget from Slater:
>
> Anthony Slater  @anthonyVslater
>
> The Warriors are the first team since 2014 to allow 40+ free throws and
> commit 20+ turnovers in the same game. Feels like last season.
>
> Steve Kerr: “We made those two things the focal point at the start of
> camp. We haven’t made those two improvements.”
>

> More of my thoughts:
>
> Wiggins was great and kept the team in the game, along with Steph. Klay
> was hot early. Pulling Moody was a mistake. How many times will the vets
> lose the game before Kerr gives the young players more of a chance? That
> new guy from Europe for the Kings (not a young player, though) turned
> the game around for them.
>
> However, Kuminga was a complete zero last night, with three missed shots
> and two turnovers in five offensive possessions.
>
> And even I am starting to get tired of Green's complaining to the
> officials all the time. From Slater:
>
>>  Monk would say postgame that Green’s technical sequence “was
>> definitely the momentum we needed.”
>
> Green played a great first half the team had probably its best first
> half of the season. It helped that they were hitting all their shots.
> But then the game turned and Green diminished just when the team needed
> him the most. Sigh.
>
> And how long will Paul, and especially GPII, be out?
>
> --Robin
It's just been reported that GPII tore his right calf. Typical recovery
time is eight weeks. An MRI is scheduled for tomorrow.
By the way, why was Brandin P glued to the bench last night? Is he hurt
too? If not and with CP3 out, I don't understand this at all.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Re: A terrible loss

<ksq822Fs9fvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6155&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6155

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 20:49:48 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 01:49 UTC

David Farber wrote:
> On 11/29/2023 11:05 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
>> Robin Miller wrote:
>>>
>>> It's almost hard to believe.
>>>
>>> Slater sums it up:
>>>
>>> Anthony Slater @anthonyVslater
>>>
>>> Worst night of a horrible stretch for the Warriors.
>>>
>>> *Blow a 24-point lead
>>> *Chris Paul, Gary Payton II leave with injuries
>>> *Kerr goes away from Moody while he was on a heater
>>> *Two Curry/Draymond turnovers in final minute give Kings life
>>> *Lose 4th quarter 29-19
>>> *Record: 8-10
>>>
>>> https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1729742554365612345
>>>

>>> The Warriors used to win games by clamping down on defense at the
>>> end. The apparently can't do that anymore. Right now they can only
>>> win with hot shooting, which comes and goes.
>>>
>>> --Robin
>>>

>> Another nugget from Slater:
>>
>> Anthony Slater  @anthonyVslater
>>
>> The Warriors are the first team since 2014 to allow 40+ free throws
>> and commit 20+ turnovers in the same game. Feels like last season.
>>
>> Steve Kerr: “We made those two things the focal point at the start of
>> camp. We haven’t made those two improvements.”
>>

>> More of my thoughts:
>>
>> Wiggins was great and kept the team in the game, along with Steph.
>> Klay was hot early. Pulling Moody was a mistake. How many times will
>> the vets lose the game before Kerr gives the young players more of a
>> chance? That new guy from Europe for the Kings (not a young player,
>> though) turned the game around for them.
>>
>> However, Kuminga was a complete zero last night, with three missed
>> shots and two turnovers in five offensive possessions.
>>
>> And even I am starting to get tired of Green's complaining to the
>> officials all the time. From Slater:
>>
>>>  Monk would say postgame that Green’s technical sequence “was
>>> definitely the momentum we needed.”
>>
>> Green played a great first half the team had probably its best first
>> half of the season. It helped that they were hitting all their shots.
>> But then the game turned and Green diminished just when the team
>> needed him the most. Sigh.
>>
>> And how long will Paul, and especially GPII, be out?
>>
>> --Robin
> It's just been reported that GPII tore his right calf. Typical recovery
> time is eight weeks. An MRI is scheduled for tomorrow.
>
> By the way, why was Brandin P glued to the bench last night? Is he hurt
> too? If not and with CP3 out, I don't understand this at all.
>
> --
> David Farber
> Los Osos, CA

Here's Shams with confirmation of sorts:

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Golden State Warriors G/F Gary Payton II has suffered a torn right calf
and will be sidelined indefinitely,

And Paul is out at least tomorrow vs. Clippers:

Anthony Slater @anthonyVslater

Chris Paul is out against the Clippers tomorrow night. Listed as a lower
left leg nerve contusion. I’d expect some kind of official update from
the Warriors tomorrow that could provide more timeline clarity.
8:35 PM · Nov 29, 2023

As for Podz, I think it was just more of "Kerr wants to go with the vets."

--Robin

Re: A terrible loss

<uk8tqn$12vgn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6156&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6156

From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 18:59:38 -0800
 by: Allen - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 02:59 UTC

On 11/29/2023 5:49 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
> David Farber wrote:

>>> Another nugget from Slater:
>>>
>>> Anthony Slater  @anthonyVslater
>>>
>>> The Warriors are the first team since 2014 to allow 40+ free throws
>>> and commit 20+ turnovers in the same game. Feels like last season.
>>>
>>> Steve Kerr: “We made those two things the focal point at the start of
>>> camp. We haven’t made those two improvements.”
>>>

>>> More of my thoughts:
>>>
>>> Wiggins was great and kept the team in the game, along with Steph.
>>> Klay was hot early. Pulling Moody was a mistake. How many times will
>>> the vets lose the game before Kerr gives the young players more of a
>>> chance? That new guy from Europe for the Kings (not a young player,
>>> though) turned the game around for them.
>>>
>>> However, Kuminga was a complete zero last night, with three missed
>>> shots and two turnovers in five offensive possessions.
>>>
>>> And even I am starting to get tired of Green's complaining to the
>>> officials all the time. From Slater:

>>> Green played a great first half the team had probably its best first
>>> half of the season. It helped that they were hitting all their shots.
>>> But then the game turned and Green diminished just when the team
>>> needed him the most. Sigh.
>>>
>>> And how long will Paul, and especially GPII, be out?
>>>
>>> --Robin
>> It's just been reported that GPII tore his right calf. Typical
>> recovery time is eight weeks. An MRI is scheduled for tomorrow.
>>
>> By the way, why was Brandin P glued to the bench last night? Is he
>> hurt too? If not and with CP3 out, I don't understand this at all.
>>
>> --
>> David Farber
>> Los Osos, CA
>

> Here's Shams with confirmation of sorts:
>
> Shams Charania  @ShamsCharania
>
> Golden State Warriors G/F Gary Payton II has suffered a torn right calf
> and will be sidelined indefinitely,
>

> And Paul is out at least tomorrow vs. Clippers:
>
> Anthony Slater  @anthonyVslater
>
> Chris Paul is out against the Clippers tomorrow night. Listed as a lower
> left leg nerve contusion. I’d expect some kind of official update from
> the Warriors tomorrow that could provide more timeline clarity.
> 8:35 PM · Nov 29, 2023
>
> As for Podz, I think it was just more of "Kerr wants to go with the vets."
>
> --Robin

Losing GPII is a big blow to their defense. Now they don't have any
guard-sized defensive stopper. Klay is unable to be that anymore. Losing
Chris Paul is a blow to their 2nd team.

I agree about Kerr wanting to go with the vets, which I think
increasingly will be bad for the Warriors. It appears to me that the
politics of honored but deteriorating vets is taking precedence over
playing the best players. For example, Moody should have been in there
in place of Klay. Klay had a good first half but wasn't playing good in
the 2nd half. And Corey Joseph hasn't added anything. They should have
played Podz.

I think we need to get used to this Warriors mediocrity, especially if
Kerr keeps on going with the not-so-good-anymore (except for Curry) vets.

Re: A terrible loss

<ksroghFdmvhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6160&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6160

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 10:36:44 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 15:36 UTC

Allen wrote:
> On 11/29/2023 5:49 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>> David Farber wrote:

>>> It's just been reported that GPII tore his right calf. Typical
>>> recovery time is eight weeks. An MRI is scheduled for tomorrow.
>>>
>>> By the way, why was Brandin P glued to the bench last night? Is he
>>> hurt too? If not and with CP3 out, I don't understand this at all.
>>>
>>> --
>>> David Farber
>>> Los Osos, CA
>>

>> Here's Shams with confirmation of sorts:
>>
>> Shams Charania  @ShamsCharania
>>
>> Golden State Warriors G/F Gary Payton II has suffered a torn right
>> calf and will be sidelined indefinitely,
>>

>> And Paul is out at least tomorrow vs. Clippers:
>>
>> Anthony Slater  @anthonyVslater
>>
>> Chris Paul is out against the Clippers tomorrow night. Listed as a
>> lower left leg nerve contusion. I’d expect some kind of official
>> update from the Warriors tomorrow that could provide more timeline
>> clarity.
>> 8:35 PM · Nov 29, 2023
>>
>> As for Podz, I think it was just more of "Kerr wants to go with the
>> vets."
>>
>> --Robin
>

> Losing GPII is a big blow to their defense. Now they don't have any
> guard-sized defensive stopper. Klay is unable to be that anymore. Losing
> Chris Paul is a blow to their 2nd team.
>
> I agree about Kerr wanting to go with the vets, which I think
> increasingly will be bad for the Warriors. It appears to me that the
> politics of honored but deteriorating vets is taking precedence over
> playing the best players. For example, Moody should have been in there
> in place of Klay. Klay had a good first half but wasn't playing good in
> the 2nd half. And Corey Joseph hasn't added anything. They should have
> played Podz.
>
> I think we need to get used to this Warriors mediocrity, especially if
> Kerr keeps on going with the not-so-good-anymore (except for Curry) vets.

All true, but I imagine that Kerr is thinking (and I agree with this)
that the only chance the Warriors have to contend is for the starting
five to play to something close to their previous level, and, for that
to happen, they need to keep playing.

--Robin