From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Yeah, Klay is done
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 02:31:44 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 07:31 UTC

Now Wiggins, that's more difficult to understand.

Tonight's game gave me hope that with Green and Payton back, this team
could contend. Hopefully Podziemski won't be out long. They don't play
again until Friday, then have a back to back, so he has a few days to
recover.

Jackson-Davis was +25, Looney was -19 (in only 14 minutes). I think it's
time for a changing of the guard, except maybe against really powerful
centers.

Having only 10 turnovers was big tonight.

With his quickness, Kuminga is involved in so many plays. If he could
convert more of his opportunities, he'd really be a force. As it is,
he's certainly contributing, and he makes some big defensive plays. He's
probably starting at least until Green gets back.

--Robin

Re: Yeah, Klay is done

<ulvt5v$o48l$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6283&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6283

From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: Yeah, Klay is done
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 15:25:52 -0800
 by: Allen - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 23:25 UTC

On 12/19/2023 11:31 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Now Wiggins, that's more difficult to understand.
>
> Tonight's game gave me hope that with Green and Payton back, this team
> could contend. Hopefully Podziemski won't be out long. They don't play
> again until Friday, then have a back to back, so he has a few days to
> recover.
>
> Jackson-Davis was +25, Looney was -19 (in only 14 minutes). I think it's
> time for a changing of the guard, except maybe against really powerful
> centers.
>
> Having only 10 turnovers was big tonight.
>
> With his quickness, Kuminga is involved in so many plays. If he could
> convert more of his opportunities, he'd really be a force. As it is,
> he's certainly contributing, and he makes some big defensive plays. He's
> probably starting at least until Green gets back.
>
> --Robin

Klay's resurgence has been a big part of the Warriors' recent (albeit
nascent) resurgence. Let's hope he can keep it up this time instead of
having a good game once in a while. The youngsters have also been a big
part of the resurgence. With Kuminga and TJD in there the Warriors
suddenly have competent front line defense. It's amazing what a little
winning streak can do. Let's hope the Warriors can keep this up - but I
can't help thinking this was only one good game.

-Allen

Re: Yeah, Klay is done

<kuhgd6F3pb7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6284&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6284

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 19:49:38 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 00:49 UTC

Allen wrote:
> On 12/19/2023 11:31 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> Now Wiggins, that's more difficult to understand.
>>
>> Tonight's game gave me hope that with Green and Payton back, this team
>> could contend. Hopefully Podziemski won't be out long. They don't play
>> again until Friday, then have a back to back, so he has a few days to
>> recover.
>>
>> Jackson-Davis was +25, Looney was -19 (in only 14 minutes). I think
>> it's time for a changing of the guard, except maybe against really
>> powerful centers.
>>
>> Having only 10 turnovers was big tonight.
>>
>> With his quickness, Kuminga is involved in so many plays. If he could
>> convert more of his opportunities, he'd really be a force. As it is,
>> he's certainly contributing, and he makes some big defensive plays.
>> He's probably starting at least until Green gets back.
>>
>> --Robin
>

> Klay's resurgence has been a big part of the Warriors' recent (albeit
> nascent) resurgence. Let's hope he can keep it up this time instead of
> having a good game once in a while. The youngsters have also been a big
> part of the resurgence. With Kuminga and TJD in there the Warriors
> suddenly have competent front line defense. It's amazing what a little
> winning streak can do. Let's hope the Warriors can keep this up - but I
> can't help thinking this was only one good game.
>
> -Allen

They certainly have to prove that it's repeatable.

--Robin

Re: Yeah, Klay is done

<dac3b8e0-abe8-45e2-aaa9-64e44427e0f3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6285&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6285

Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 23:47:49 -0800 (PST)
From: coac...@gmail.com (Donald Lee)
 by: Donald Lee - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 07:47 UTC

Watching TJD play - this is what the Warriors hoped for in Wiseman. But Wiseman had just the physical tools but not the IQ due to his lack of experience at the college level.

Hopefully the recent draft will allow the Warriors to look for players that have IQ and not just the physical tools (though those are important).

DL