Bill Dickey is learning me his experience. -- Yogi Berra in his rookie season.

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / Re: Well, that was terrible

SubjectAuthor
* Well, that was terribleRobin Miller
+* Re: Well, that was terribleAllen
|`- Re: Well, that was terribleRobin Miller
`- Re: Well, that was terribleDonald Lee

1
Well, that was terrible

<kv7ahaF8dj9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6319&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6319

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Well, that was terrible
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 02:24:19 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 07:24 UTC

I turned it off when the Warriors were down 20 with a few minutes to go.
I was surprised to see the final margin was only 12, not that it made
any difference.

Steph is having more of these bad games. Is age catching up with him, or
is he just trying to do too much?

Kuminga with six turnovers in the second quarter was simply maddening.

Klay and Kuminga both finished -26, Steph -14.

Their defense was abysmal. They need Dray back.

Jackson-Davis need to be starting, along with Dray when he gets back,
Steph and Klay. I don't know who the fifth starter should be. Either
Podziemski or Wiggins, I imagine. I think I'm over Kuminga, unfortunately.

--Robin

Re: Well, that was terrible

<umo5qs$162uh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6324&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6324

From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: Well, that was terrible
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 20:20:37 -0800
 by: Allen - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 04:20 UTC

On 12/28/2023 11:24 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> I turned it off when the Warriors were down 20 with a few minutes to go.
> I was surprised to see the final margin was only 12, not that it made
> any difference.
>
> Steph is having more of these bad games. Is age catching up with him, or
> is he just trying to do too much?
>
> Kuminga with six turnovers in the second quarter was simply maddening.
>
> Klay and Kuminga both finished -26, Steph -14.
>
> Their defense was abysmal. They need Dray back.
>
> Jackson-Davis need to be starting, along with Dray when he gets back,
> Steph and Klay. I don't know who the fifth starter should be. Either
> Podziemski or Wiggins, I imagine. I think I'm over Kuminga, unfortunately.
>
> --Robin

I agree about needing Green back bad for defense, about starting
Jackson-Davis, and about being over Kuminga. But I'm not sure the first
two would be enough. I'm in the group that's not sure the Warriors will
even be able to make the playoffs, let alone make some noise.

It's kind of baffling to me how fast and far the Warriors have fallen
off the table. They were competitive last year, won the whole thing the
year before, and this year they often don't even look like a playoff team.

I think Kerr and Dunleavy are in for a very difficult rest-of-season.
Kerr's perpetually fishing for a combination that works, never finds it,
is often making changes, and now has to deal with Kuminga's immature
discontent, and also has to deal with the Mount Draymond volcano ever on
the verge of erupting. And can you imagine the kind of time Dunleavy is
having with Lacob, what with how hard he drives people. Can you imagine
what Lacob is thinking/feeling these days as he watches the Warriors not
even look like a playoff team while having such an obscenely high total
payroll.

Re: Well, that was terrible

<kv9pj9FmfrgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6327&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6327

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 00:53:38 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 05:53 UTC

Allen wrote:
> On 12/28/2023 11:24 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> I turned it off when the Warriors were down 20 with a few minutes to
>> go. I was surprised to see the final margin was only 12, not that it
>> made any difference.
>>
>> Steph is having more of these bad games. Is age catching up with him,
>> or is he just trying to do too much?
>>
>> Kuminga with six turnovers in the second quarter was simply maddening.
>>
>> Klay and Kuminga both finished -26, Steph -14.
>>
>> Their defense was abysmal. They need Dray back.
>>
>> Jackson-Davis need to be starting, along with Dray when he gets back,
>> Steph and Klay. I don't know who the fifth starter should be. Either
>> Podziemski or Wiggins, I imagine. I think I'm over Kuminga,
>> unfortunately.
>>
>> --Robin
>>
>  I agree about needing Green back bad for defense, about starting
> Jackson-Davis, and about being over Kuminga. But I'm not sure the first
> two would be enough. I'm in the group that's not sure the Warriors will
> even be able to make the playoffs, let alone make some noise.
>
> It's kind of baffling to me how fast and far the Warriors have fallen
> off the table. They were competitive last year, won the whole thing the
> year before, and this year they often don't even look like a playoff team.

Baffling is a good word. So far everyone in the core seems to have
regressed from last season, even Curry, who is not as consistent. I
suppose age will do that to you. Wiggins' demise has been the most
perplexing, as he was the Warriors' second-best player in the 2022 playoffs.

> I think Kerr and Dunleavy are in for a very difficult rest-of-season.
> Kerr's perpetually fishing for a combination that works, never finds it,
> is often making changes, and now has to deal with Kuminga's immature
> discontent, and also has to deal with the Mount Draymond volcano ever on
> the verge of erupting. And can you imagine the kind of time Dunleavy is
> having with Lacob, what with how hard he drives people. Can you imagine
> what Lacob is thinking/feeling these days as he watches the Warriors not
> even look like a playoff team while having such an obscenely high total
> payroll.

Well, Klay's contract ends after this season, doesn't it? And CP3's
contract isn't guaranteed for next season. That's a lot of salary
chopped off right there.

I am really interested to see if Draymond can come back a changed man.
That would obviously be the best possible thing for both him and the team.

--Robin

Re: Well, that was terrible

<fa7bacc8-9e31-4718-9e33-d0092ad34abfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6328&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6328

Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 02:29:07 -0800 (PST)
From: coac...@gmail.com (Donald Lee)
 by: Donald Lee - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 10:29 UTC

I didn't watch the game as I was going out with friends but watched the highlights.

Just commenting on the Warriors in general the last few games:

1. Curry is unicorn with his productivity at his age. I THINK Curry is getting slowed down because others are not consistently helping him. You put a dynamic second scorer next to Curry and I think Curry is freed up to get more looks. Klay at this point is purely a jump shooter who also can get shut down when his shots aren't falling. KLAY also gets more looks when there's a second scorer on the team.

2. Guess what? That other scorer USED to be Wiggins. But some friends and I were talking about it tonight, maybe he got his $$$ (and RING) and is less motivated now.

3. I like Kuminga's growth. He was forcing plays less in recent games. As I didn't watch the game, not sure how his turnovers came to fruition. Kuminga's best attribute is his athleticism. BUT his handles, passing, rebounding and shooting is maybe slightly above average. Some people say he will be an all-star. I'll be happy if he is a solid rotational player.

4. Draymond & TJD together? Two non shooters together could crowd the floor though Draymond and Looney played together. TJD does give rim protection and finishing at the rim. I'm of split minds. I think TJD is good at spots against the bench players. Stars could eat him alive. BUT Looney is definitely slower this year. So maybe LOONEY gets spotted against a tough post players / rebounder?

Lastly, I was listening to 95.7 today and one of the radio guys think Kerr may have to go. Maybe his voice isn't reaching the locker room? Honestly, I don't think anyone knows what is happening. I don't think it's for lack of effor from the team or the coaching staff.

But I do remember saying years ago that when this Warriors dynasty finally crumbled, it would be interesting to see how the front office would piece things back together. BUT I didn't expect Myers to leave. So it's up to Dunleavy to see what can be done.

The ideal (in my mind) is if the Warriors core (Curry, Klay, Green) to NOT be carrying the load and a core of younger players carrying the load (Wiggings, you there??? LOL)

But the Warriors have missed on some young talent in years past (Jacob Evans, James Wiseman) and the current crop of youngters are "alright" but nowhere close to being stars.

DL