sport / rec.sport.football.college / Can Trump Godwin himself?

SubjectAuthor
* Can Trump Godwin himself?xyzzy
+- Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?Michael Falkner
+* Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?TE
|`* Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?RoddyMcCorley
| `- Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?TE
`* Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?Tim VanWagoner
 `* Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?Michael Falkner
  `* Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?Eric Ramon
   `- Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?Michael Falkner

1
Can Trump Godwin himself?

<tcr893$v660$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63403&group=rec.sport.football.college#63403

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Subject: Can Trump Godwin himself?
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 14:57:39 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:X3637aCFOb9eNpAeq0pyCkeSCq8=
 by: xyzzy - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 14:57 UTC

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/08/15/inside-the-war-between-trump-and-his-generals/amp

The President’s loud complaint to John Kelly one day was typical: “You
fucking generals, why can’t you be like the German generals?”

“Which generals?” Kelly asked.

“The German generals in World War II,” Trump responded.

“You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled
it off?” Kelly said.

But, of course, Trump did not know that. “No, no, no, they were totally
loyal to him,” the President replied. In his version of history, the
generals of the Third Reich had been completely subservient to Hitler; this
was the model he wanted for his military.

—-

Yes. Trump actually wanted our generals to be more like Hitler’s. Or at
least what he thought Hitler’s generals were. Yes he actually said it. So,
yes he’s a fascist.

There’s much more in the article that backs this up.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?

<5bae98d4-c644-4f1a-8753-de63ced43926n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63406&group=rec.sport.football.college#63406

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 10:38:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 17:38 UTC

On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 7:57:43 AM UTC-7, xyzzy wrote:

> Yes. Trump actually wanted our generals to be more like Hitler’s. Or at
> least what he thought Hitler’s generals were. Yes he actually said it. So,
> yes he’s a fascist.

And people think I'm crazy when I tell his supporters here what they're going to have to do with myself and people like me.

Complete mental disconnect.

Mike

Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?

<f16755e3-42ca-45a0-aba7-a2ecc53d039bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63414&group=rec.sport.football.college#63414

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 18:09:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: randorw...@gmail.com (TE)
 by: TE - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 01:09 UTC

On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 10:57:43 AM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:
> https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/08/15/inside-the-war-between-trump-and-his-generals/amp
>
> The President’s loud complaint to John Kelly one day was typical: “You
> fucking generals, why can’t you be like the German generals?”
>
> “Which generals?” Kelly asked.
>
> “The German generals in World War II,” Trump responded.
>
> “You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled
> it off?” Kelly said.
>
> But, of course, Trump did not know that. “No, no, no, they were totally
> loyal to him,” the President replied. In his version of history, the
> generals of the Third Reich had been completely subservient to Hitler; this
> was the model he wanted for his military.
>
> —-
>
> Yes. Trump actually wanted our generals to be more like Hitler’s. Or at
> least what he thought Hitler’s generals were. Yes he actually said it. So,
> yes he’s a fascist.
>
> There’s much more in the article that backs this up.

Hmmm....The FBI and other security organs, a presidential candidate, the US Congress,
the media...and as you know, the list goes on, attempted to remove a sitting US president
by producing and knowingly disseminated false information that he was a traitor. We were
repeatedly told by members of the Foreign Intelligence cesspool that they have SEEN THE
PROOF! ITS 100% TRUE!!! Sorry, the fascists self-identified a couple of years ago.

Sorry, an unsubstantiated rant by Trump which has zero impact on the nation hardly
reaches the level of our Democratic, bureaucratic and media fascists who actually
attempted a coup.

-TE

“I see some fear rising these days from libs over losing a cultural war they thought they
could suppress: manhood. Dems will never be the party that makes a man feel good
about his manliness. It’s anathema to their big agenda but also simply an ideology
that won’t allow it. The feminization of society can only work after men have built and
secured it. And it can only last until their beta males collapse into a puddle of goo.
The cycle is always, ever: Strong men build strong societies, strong societies create
weak men, weak men create weak societies, weak societies create strong men.
We’re at that last phase. Expect a bright future.”

> --
> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?

<tcscl5$143j6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63416&group=rec.sport.football.college#63416

From: Roddy.Mc...@verizon.net (RoddyMcCorley)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 21:18:28 -0400
 by: RoddyMcCorley - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 01:18 UTC

On 8/8/2022 9:09 PM, TE wrote:
> On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 10:57:43 AM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:
>> https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/08/15/inside-the-war-between-trump-and-his-generals/amp
>>
>> The President’s loud complaint to John Kelly one day was typical: “You
>> fucking generals, why can’t you be like the German generals?”
>>
>> “Which generals?” Kelly asked.
>>
>> “The German generals in World War II,” Trump responded.
>>
>> “You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled
>> it off?” Kelly said.
>>
>> But, of course, Trump did not know that. “No, no, no, they were totally
>> loyal to him,” the President replied. In his version of history, the
>> generals of the Third Reich had been completely subservient to Hitler; this
>> was the model he wanted for his military.
>>
>> —-
>>
>> Yes. Trump actually wanted our generals to be more like Hitler’s. Or at
>> least what he thought Hitler’s generals were. Yes he actually said it. So,
>> yes he’s a fascist.
>>
>> There’s much more in the article that backs this up.
>
> Hmmm....The FBI and other security organs, a presidential candidate, the US Congress,
> the media...and as you know, the list goes on, attempted to remove a sitting US president
> by producing and knowingly disseminated false information that he was a traitor. We were
> repeatedly told by members of the Foreign Intelligence cesspool that they have SEEN THE
> PROOF! ITS 100% TRUE!!! Sorry, the fascists self-identified a couple of years ago.
>
> Sorry, an unsubstantiated rant by Trump which has zero impact on the nation hardly
> reaches the level of our Democratic, bureaucratic and media fascists who actually
> attempted a coup.
>
> -TE
>
> “I see some fear rising these days from libs over losing a cultural war they thought they
> could suppress: manhood. Dems will never be the party that makes a man feel good
> about his manliness. It’s anathema to their big agenda but also simply an ideology
> that won’t allow it. The feminization of society can only work after men have built and
> secured it. And it can only last until their beta males collapse into a puddle of goo.
> The cycle is always, ever: Strong men build strong societies, strong societies create
> weak men, weak men create weak societies, weak societies create strong men.
> We’re at that last phase. Expect a bright future.”
>

>> --
>> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
>> liberal personality.” — Altie

I see you stopped at Mike Flynn's Koolaid stand again.

--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg

Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?

<85e70db7-f152-4b46-aaf7-c7620b8046c1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63418&group=rec.sport.football.college#63418

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 18:35:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: randorw...@gmail.com (TE)
 by: TE - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 01:35 UTC

On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 9:18:33 PM UTC-4, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 8/8/2022 9:09 PM, TE wrote:
> > On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 10:57:43 AM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:
> >> https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/08/15/inside-the-war-between-trump-and-his-generals/amp
> >>
> >> The President’s loud complaint to John Kelly one day was typical: “You
> >> fucking generals, why can’t you be like the German generals?”
> >>
> >> “Which generals?” Kelly asked.
> >>
> >> “The German generals in World War II,” Trump responded..
> >>
> >> “You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled
> >> it off?” Kelly said.
> >>
> >> But, of course, Trump did not know that. “No, no, no, they were totally
> >> loyal to him,” the President replied. In his version of history, the
> >> generals of the Third Reich had been completely subservient to Hitler; this
> >> was the model he wanted for his military.
> >>
> >> —-
> >>
> >> Yes. Trump actually wanted our generals to be more like Hitler’s. Or at
> >> least what he thought Hitler’s generals were. Yes he actually said it. So,
> >> yes he’s a fascist.
> >>
> >> There’s much more in the article that backs this up.
> >
> > Hmmm....The FBI and other security organs, a presidential candidate, the US Congress,
> > the media...and as you know, the list goes on, attempted to remove a sitting US president
> > by producing and knowingly disseminated false information that he was a traitor. We were
> > repeatedly told by members of the Foreign Intelligence cesspool that they have SEEN THE
> > PROOF! ITS 100% TRUE!!! Sorry, the fascists self-identified a couple of years ago.
> >
> > Sorry, an unsubstantiated rant by Trump which has zero impact on the nation hardly
> > reaches the level of our Democratic, bureaucratic and media fascists who actually
> > attempted a coup.
> >
> > -TE
> >
> > “I see some fear rising these days from libs over losing a cultural war they thought they
> > could suppress: manhood. Dems will never be the party that makes a man feel good
> > about his manliness. It’s anathema to their big agenda but also simply an ideology
> > that won’t allow it. The feminization of society can only work after men have built and
> > secured it. And it can only last until their beta males collapse into a puddle of goo.
> > The cycle is always, ever: Strong men build strong societies, strong societies create
> > weak men, weak men create weak societies, weak societies create strong men.
> > We’re at that last phase. Expect a bright future.”

> I see you stopped at Mike Flynn's Koolaid stand again.

I always stop at lemonade stands. If kid goes to the trouble, I'm buying.
No exceptions.

I've never seen a Kool-Aid stand nor a stand run by an adult.

This is part where I ask where I'm incorrect.

-TE

“In short, the Clinton campaign created the Trump-Alfa allegation, fed it to a credulous press that failed to confirm the allegations but ran with them anyway, then promoted the story as if it was legFitimate news. The campaign also delivered the claims to the FBI, giving journalists another excuse to portray the accusations as serious and perhaps true.”

Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?

<0694cbd5-9afb-4d04-a7e8-4380217589ban@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63448&group=rec.sport.football.college#63448

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 16:52:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: tim.vanw...@gmail.com (Tim VanWagoner)
 by: Tim VanWagoner - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 23:52 UTC

On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 9:57:43 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/08/15/inside-the-war-between-trump-and-his-generals/amp
>
> The President’s loud complaint to John Kelly one day was typical: “You
> fucking generals, why can’t you be like the German generals?”
>
> “Which generals?” Kelly asked.
>
> “The German generals in World War II,” Trump responded.
>
> “You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled
> it off?” Kelly said.
>
> But, of course, Trump did not know that. “No, no, no, they were totally
> loyal to him,” the President replied. In his version of history, the
> generals of the Third Reich had been completely subservient to Hitler; this
> was the model he wanted for his military.
>
> —-
>
> Yes. Trump actually wanted our generals to be more like Hitler’s. Or at
> least what he thought Hitler’s generals were. Yes he actually said it. So,
> yes he’s a fascist.
>
> There’s much more in the article that backs this up.
>
> --
> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> liberal personality.” — Altie

This whole article is just frightening.

Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?

<6eaa50ba-71e8-42e4-94e2-0869f2bcafc0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63473&group=rec.sport.football.college#63473

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 10:09:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 17:09 UTC

On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 4:52:47 PM UTC-7, tim.vanwa...@gmail.com wrote:

> This whole article is just frightening.

Now think of how many people believe America would be better off a Nazi regime.

Mike (It's more than you might think!)

Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?

<8ae5ecd3-b026-4bb7-bede-8311015d6416n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63474&group=rec.sport.football.college#63474

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 11:33:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: ramon.e...@gmail.com (Eric Ramon)
 by: Eric Ramon - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 18:33 UTC

On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 10:09:48 AM UTC-7, Michael Falkner wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 4:52:47 PM UTC-7, tim.vanwa...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > This whole article is just frightening.
> Now think of how many people believe America would be better off a Nazi regime.
>
> Mike (It's more than you might think!)

true. I don't get why Repubs stick with the grifter Trump when they've got a perfectly respectable would-be dictator in DeSantis.

Re: Can Trump Godwin himself?

<50665003-0657-4efa-bed2-1250410ee7e5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63481&group=rec.sport.football.college#63481

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 10:35:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 17:35 UTC

On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 11:33:49 AM UTC-7, Eric Ramon wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 10:09:48 AM UTC-7, Michael Falkner wrote:

> > Now think of how many people believe America would be better off a Nazi regime.

> true. I don't get why Repubs stick with the grifter Trump when they've got a perfectly respectable would-be dictator in DeSantis.

They don't want a President. They want someone to host the new American reality show to give them the order to open fire on "them".

Mike