From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: BANG/Mastrodonato: Warriors crowd begs for Moses Moody, delivers
standing ovation upon his return
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 17:04:08 -0800
 by: Allen - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 01:04 UTC

Warriors crowd begs for Moses Moody, delivers standing ovation upon his
return
Moody had been on the bench for three consecutive games

>Golden State Warriors guard Moses Moody grabs a rebound against the
Detroit Pistons during the second half of an NBA basketball game in San
Francisco, Friday, Jan. 5, 2024. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu)
Jason Mastrodonato is a sports reporter for the Bay Area News Group.
By JASON MASTRODONATO | jmastrodonato@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area
News Group
PUBLISHED: January 6, 2024 at 5:30 a.m. | UPDATED: January 8, 2024 at
4:20 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2024/01/06/warriors-crowd-begs-for-moses-moody-delivers-standing-ovation-upon-his-return/

SAN FRANCISCO — Late in the third quarter, when the Warriors were
struggling to pull ahead of the three-win Detroit Pistons, the Chase
Center crowd tried telling head coach Steve Kerr who to put in the game.

“Moody-Moody-Moody!” the sellout crowd chanted.

The fans got their wish in the fourth quarter. And when Moses Moody
arrived at the check-in table and removed his warm-up gear, the crowd
gave him a standing ovation.

After sitting the bench for three consecutive games, Moody finally got
back in the mix during the Warriors’ 113-109 win over the Pistons on Friday.

He checked in early in the fourth quarter and played for six minutes. It
was the first time since Dec. 28 that Moody saw some game action. He
didn’t score but collected a rebound.

“I thought he was great tonight, bringing a lot of energy,” Kerr said.
“Great to hear the fans chanting his name. He’s a fan favorite for a
reason, he plays hard. Being out of the loop the last few games has been
tough on him but he always stays ready.”

Kerr said Moody will play a lot more now that Chris Paul is out
indefinitely with a fractured left hand. Paul will undergo surgery next
week.

Kerr said Cory Joseph and Brandin Podziemski will play more point guard
with Paul out, and that Moody will also be brought back into the rotation.

“I’m excited to get him back out there,” Kerr said.

Moody’s teammates loved seeing the standing ovation.

--
Warriors on NBCS
@NBCSWarriors ·Follow

8:51 PM · Jan 5, 2024
6.7K Reply Share
--

“I think it meant a lot to all of us,” Podziemski said. “These past
couple games he hasn’t played, he’s been professional about it. He’s

“Although he didn’t make a shot, his impact both offensively and
defensively was felt. It was something I felt like we needed. I felt
like our team was still feeling that loss (to the Denver Nuggets) from
last night. Him and Cory didn’t play in the game last night. Gave us a
great energy boost off the bench.”

Moody’s playing time, like Jonathan Kuminga’s, has been subject of
public debate this week.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Chase Center 2024: Top new food choices at Warriors games, concerts
Draymond Green: Nearly retired during suspension until Silver
convinced him to return to Warriors
Ex-Warriors GM Bob Myers has a new job with NFL’s Washington Commanders
Why the Warriors should pursue Toronto’s Pascal Siakam at the trade
deadline
With Draymond Green watching from bench, Raptors hand Warriors
blowout loss

Folks around Moody revealed to KRON (Channel 4) on Thursday that Moody
is frustrated by his lack of playing time and wants a more consistent
role, “here or somewhere else.”

From last season to this one, Moody has nearly doubled his points per
game from 4.8 to 8.2 and his rebounds per game from 1.7 to 3.2, but he
hasn’t played much of late.

Kerr explained that Moody has been a “victim of numbers and the
direction we decided to go, but I know how professional he is. I know
Moses will stay ready, and when he gets his chance, he’ll be ready for it.”

His chance is coming soon.

“Him getting in (Friday’s game), bringing energy for our team when we
needed it, it was great,” said Trayce Jackson-Davis. “Hopefully we see
more of it.”