From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: BANG: Former Warriors guard Rollins facing 7 counts of theft in
Virginia
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 16:37:37 -0800
 by: Allen - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 00:37 UTC

Former Warriors guard Rollins facing 7 counts of theft in Virginia
Warriors traded Ryan Rollins to Wizards last summer in Jordan
Poole-Chris Paul deal

>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – OCTOBER 11: Golden State Warriors’ Klay
Thompson, left, Golden State Warriors’ Ryan Rollins (2) and Golden State
Warriors’ Stephen Curry watch a preseason game from the bench in the
second quarter against the Portland Trailblazers at Chase Center in San
Francisco, Calif., on Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2022. (Ray Chavez/Bay Area News
Group)
By MICHAEL NOWELS | mnowels@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: January 12, 2024 at 1:42 p.m. | UPDATED: January 12, 2024 at
1:42 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2024/01/12/former-warriors-guard-rollins-facing-7-counts-of-theft-in-virginia/

Ryan Rollins, a Warriors rookie from last season, has been charged with
seven counts of petit larceny for thefts throughout the first half of
this NBA season, according to Virginia court documents.

Police accuse Rollins, who was traded to Washington last summer, of
repeatedly stealing household items from a Target store, according to
The Athletic, which first reported the charges.

Rollins, 21, was waived Monday by Washington on Monday, just seven
months after the Warriors sent him to the Wizards along with Jordan
Poole, Patrick Baldwin Jr. and draft picks in exchange for Chris Paul.

“We just recently learned of the charges against Ryan,” Wizards team
president Michael Winger told The Athletic. “We cannot comment on that
matter, or the basis for our roster decisions.”

>RELATED ARTICLES
LaVine, Caruso and other Chicago Bulls who the Warriors could pursue
Kurtenbach: Blow it up? The Warriors might not have a choice.
Steph Curry opens up on Warriors’ struggles ahead of trade deadline:
‘We have a standard’
‘It all sucks’: Booed again at home, the Warriors’ season hits new
low point
Golden State Warriors booed, blown out by New Orleans Pelicans

Court documents show Rollins was initially arrested in November and had
an arraignment hearing last month. The first alleged theft was on Sept.
9 and the last of seven was on Nov. 9. His next court date is Feb. 7.

Rollins didn’t see much playing time with the Warriors, appearing in
just 12 games and averaging 1.9 points per game in his rookie season out
of Toledo. He joined the Warriors as a second-round pick in a draft
night trade with the Hawks. This season, he averaged 4.1 points over 10
games off the bench for Washington, where he played six of the last
seven games before he was released.

Re: BANG: Former Warriors guard Rollins facing 7 counts of theft in Virginia

<l0g67dFqvptU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6440&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6440

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Virginia
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 14:22:15 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 19:22 UTC

Allen wrote:
> Former Warriors guard Rollins facing 7 counts of theft in Virginia
> Warriors traded Ryan Rollins to Wizards last summer in Jordan
> Poole-Chris Paul deal
>
> >SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – OCTOBER 11: Golden State Warriors’ Klay
> Thompson, left, Golden State Warriors’ Ryan Rollins (2) and Golden State
> Warriors’ Stephen Curry watch a preseason game from the bench in the
> second quarter against the Portland Trailblazers at Chase Center in San
> Francisco, Calif., on Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2022. (Ray Chavez/Bay Area News
> Group)
> By MICHAEL NOWELS | mnowels@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
> PUBLISHED: January 12, 2024 at 1:42 p.m. | UPDATED: January 12, 2024 at
> 1:42 p.m.
> https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2024/01/12/former-warriors-guard-rollins-facing-7-counts-of-theft-in-virginia/
>

> Ryan Rollins, a Warriors rookie from last season, has been charged with
> seven counts of petit larceny for thefts throughout the first half of
> this NBA season, according to Virginia court documents.
>
> Police accuse Rollins, who was traded to Washington last summer, of
> repeatedly stealing household items from a Target store, according to
> The Athletic, which first reported the charges.
>
> Rollins, 21, was waived Monday by Washington on Monday, just seven
> months after the Warriors sent him to the Wizards along with Jordan
> Poole, Patrick Baldwin Jr. and draft picks in exchange for Chris Paul.
>
> “We just recently learned of the charges against Ryan,” Wizards team
> president Michael Winger told The Athletic. “We cannot comment on that
> matter, or the basis for our roster decisions.”
>
> Court documents show Rollins was initially arrested in November and had
> an arraignment hearing last month. The first alleged theft was on Sept.
> 9 and the last of seven was on Nov. 9. His next court date is Feb. 7.
>
> Rollins didn’t see much playing time with the Warriors, appearing in
> just 12 games and averaging 1.9 points per game in his rookie season out
> of Toledo. He joined the Warriors as a second-round pick in a draft
> night trade with the Hawks. This season, he averaged 4.1 points over 10
> games off the bench for Washington, where he played six of the last
> seven games before he was released.

This is just sad. His NBA career may be over before it really even has a
chance to get started.

--Robin

Re: BANG: Former Warriors guard Rollins facing 7 counts of theft in Virginia

<unvir2$9uru$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6441&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#6441

From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Virginia
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 19:01:57 -0800
 by: Allen - Sun, 14 Jan 2024 03:01 UTC

Yeah. I kinda liked him - he had energy. Why did he feel like he needed
to shoplift cheap household items? Weird.

-Allen