From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Subject: I know it’s a long time
ago here…
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 03:21:34 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:v/18t7g3HN75x9T+M2ORg3LMAj8=
 by: xyzzy - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 03:21 UTC

…but remember when rfsc wingnuts promised us that pipelines were safer and
that’s a reason we should permit the Keystone XL?

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/keystone-pipeline-shut-after-oil-spill-into-kansas-creek-2022-12-08/

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: I know it’s a long time ago here…

<tmubl1$133uk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=65461&group=rec.sport.football.college#65461

From: kol...@freedomnet.org (Ken Olson)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Subject: Re:_I_know_it’s_a_long_time_ago_here…
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 22:56:16 -0500
 by: Ken Olson - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 03:56 UTC

On 12/8/2022 10:21 PM, xyzzy wrote:
> …but remember when rfsc wingnuts promised us that pipelines were safer and
> that’s a reason we should permit the Keystone XL?
>
> https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/keystone-pipeline-shut-after-oil-spill-into-kansas-creek-2022-12-08/

Statistically, they are.
--
ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Слава Україні та НАТО

Re: I know it’s a long time ago here…

<slrntp7t46.2f196.constance@karen.heins.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=65483&group=rec.sport.football.college#65483

From: consta...@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Subject: Re: I know it’s a long time ago
here…
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 02:52:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 02:52 UTC

On 2022-12-09, Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org> wrote:
> On 12/8/2022 10:21 PM, xyzzy wrote:
>> …but remember when rfsc wingnuts promised us that pipelines were safer and
>> that’s a reason we should permit the Keystone XL?
>>
>> https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/keystone-pipeline-shut-after-oil-spill-into-kansas-creek-2022-12-08/
>>

> Statistically, they are.

Indeed. Accidents will happen. 14,000 barrels is a bit, but not really
that much in the scheme of things. Might kill a few fish, but will it
kill as many birds as the nations wind farms? No.

--
Alas for those who never sing, but die with all their music in them.
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Re: I know it’s a long time ago here…

<tn0tn5$1ihm1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=65484&group=rec.sport.football.college#65484

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Subject: Re: I know it’s a long
time ago here…
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 03:16:53 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:p7WNtSXMwnGv3BH7xFII6hOjk9Y=
 by: xyzzy - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 03:16 UTC

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <constance@duxmail.com> wrote:
> On 2022-12-09, Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org> wrote:
>> On 12/8/2022 10:21 PM, xyzzy wrote:
>>> …but remember when rfsc wingnuts promised us that pipelines were safer and
>>> that’s a reason we should permit the Keystone XL?
>>>
>>> https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/keystone-pipeline-shut-after-oil-spill-into-kansas-creek-2022-12-08/
>>>

>> Statistically, they are.
>
> Indeed. Accidents will happen. 14,000 barrels is a bit, but not really
> that much in the scheme of things.

14,000 barrels is equivalent to 69 tanker truckloads.

> Might kill a few fish, but will it
> kill as many birds as the nations wind farms? No.

No you’re right, one oil spill will not kill as many birds as every single
wind turbine in the US. But OTOH I’m confident this single oil spill will
kill more fish than every wind turbine on the face of the earth.

I’ll take “dumn, irrelevant comparisons for $1000, Alex”.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: I know it’s a long time ago here…

<106b95e3-5ada-49a9-b414-90fb54cf8470n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=65487&group=rec.sport.football.college#65487

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 00:40:41 -0800 (PST)
From: gpg...@gmail.com (floaterjr)
 by: floaterjr - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 08:40 UTC

On Friday, December 9, 2022 at 10:16:58 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <cons...@duxmail.com> wrote:

> >> Statistically, they are.
> >
> > Indeed. Accidents will happen. 14,000 barrels is a bit, but not really
> > that much in the scheme of things.
> 14,000 barrels is equivalent to 69 tanker truckloads.
> > Might kill a few fish, but will it
> > kill as many birds as the nations wind farms? No.
> No you’re right, one oil spill will not kill as many birds as every single
> wind turbine in the US. But OTOH I’m confident this single oil spill will
> kill more fish than every wind turbine on the face of the earth.
>
> I’ll take “dumn, irrelevant comparisons for $1000, Alex”.
> --
> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> liberal personality.” — Altie
https://www.chicagobusiness.com/crains-forum-safer-chicago/chicago-violence-problem-debate-safety-inequality#:~:text=Overall%2C%20Chicago's%20per%2Dcapita%20murder,Louis.
Well, there's safe and then there is safe. I was nearly murdered in chicagoland in the late 80's. Now that is unsafe. At least it's less violent than NY or LA so the chamber of commence can toot their horn about that.

Re: I know it’s a long time ago here…

<tn1tob$1l8iv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=65490&group=rec.sport.football.college#65490

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
time ago here…
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 12:23:39 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:H/0qmz19aU7wuN1uFDhynoHQWoY=
 by: xyzzy - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 12:23 UTC

floaterjr <gpgmga@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, December 9, 2022 at 10:16:58 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
>> Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <cons...@duxmail.com> wrote:

>>> Indeed. Accidents will happen. 14,000 barrels is a bit, but not really
>>> that much in the scheme of things.
>> 14,000 barrels is equivalent to 69 tanker truckloads.
>>> Might kill a few fish, but will it
>>> kill as many birds as the nations wind farms? No.
>> No you’re right, one oil spill will not kill as many birds as every single
>> wind turbine in the US. But OTOH I’m confident this single oil spill will
>> kill more fish than every wind turbine on the face of the earth.
>>
>> I’ll take “dumn, irrelevant comparisons for $1000, Alex”.
>> --
>> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
>> liberal personality.” — Altie
> https://www.chicagobusiness.com/crains-forum-safer-chicago/chicago-violence-problem-debate-safety-inequality#:~:text=Overall%2C%20Chicago's%20per%2Dcapita%20murder,Louis.
> Well, there's safe and then there is safe. I was nearly murdered in
> chicagoland in the late 80's. Now that is unsafe. At least it's less
> violent than NY or LA so the chamber of commence can toot their horn about that.

Can always count on you for a total non-sequitir

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: I know it’s a long time ago here…

<slrntp9biu.2fbb0.constance@karen.heins.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=65494&group=rec.sport.football.college#65494

From: consta...@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
here…
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 16:05:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 16:05 UTC

On 2022-12-10, xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:
> Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <constance@duxmail.com> wrote:

>>> Statistically, they are.
>>
>> Indeed. Accidents will happen. 14,000 barrels is a bit, but not really
>> that much in the scheme of things.
>
> 14,000 barrels is equivalent to 69 tanker truckloads.

And when that amount of oil flows normally, it means 69 tanker
trucks didn't run and consume resources to do it. Or some number of
railroad cars.

>> Might kill a few fish, but will it
>> kill as many birds as the nations wind farms? No.
>
> No you’re right, one oil spill will not kill as many birds as every single
> wind turbine in the US. But OTOH I’m confident this single oil spill will
> kill more fish than every wind turbine on the face of the earth.
>
> I’ll take “dumn, irrelevant comparisons for $1000, Alex”.

Killing fish in one stream? Sad, to be sure. Catastrophic? No.

The point is that everything has collateral damage of some type.
Normal operation of wind turbines kills birds. Pipelines leak. Trains
derail. Trucks have emissions when they transport things.

Pipelines are the most efficient long-term method of transporting
fuel. When the people of New England write checks to pay their
large heating bills this winter, perhaps they'll work to oppose
the politicians that killed the pipelines that would have given
them relief.

The opposition to the pipelines was never about spills. It was about,
supposedly, the opposition to using fossil fuels at all. And people
who find math to be optional have settled upon the completely
impractical wind/solar non-solution. If we'd invested all that money
in nuclear, we'd be in a much better place now.

If you are still for large-scale wind or solar as a general power
source, you are either stupid or ideologically blind. Environmentalism
is now much more a religion than it is a science.

--
I used to think the whole world stank. Then I found out I had poop
on my mustache. -- Anonymous