To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit, call it the target.

sport / rec.autos.sport.cart / Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium - into Angela Cullen

SubjectAuthor
* When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium again as teama425couple
`* Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium again as teamgeoff
 +- Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium again as team representaHornplayer9599
 +* Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium - into Angelaa425couple
 |+- Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium - into Angela Cullengeoff
 |`- Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium - into Angela CullenAlan LeHun
 `- Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium - intoa425couple

1
When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium again as team representative?

<Yx4SK.321962$6Il8.115107@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=59&group=rec.autos.sport.cart#59

From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium again as team
representative?
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.cart
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 10:29:26 -0700
 by: a425couple - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 17:29 UTC

When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium again as team
representative?
They have been sending a variety of employees up for the ceremony.
Hannah Schmitz certainly has played an important role in winning races.
Red Bull likes publicity. Her on podium would certainly generate publicity!

(Yeah, I'm still fighting a new computer and a new system.)

and from:
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/hannah-schmitz-oracle-red-bull-racing-strategist

"As Principal Strategy Engineer, Schmitz and her team calculate and
analyse billions of data points alongside simulating scenarios that will
define what will happen across a race weekend.

Take the 2022 Hungarian Grand Prix in Budapest, where their quick
thinking under pressure was put to the test and evident for all to see
with Max Verstappen starting from 10th on the grid and making a
last-minute switch to begin the race on soft tyres instead of the hard
as planned. The Dutchman hailed Schmitz as “insanely calm” as she
instantly adapted to deliver an inspired strategy that helped him
undercut his rivals and claim an unlikely victory to extend his lead in
the drivers’ championship.

At the Monaco Grand Prix in May they also orchestrated the pit-stop plan
which ultimately led to Sergio Pérez taking the chequered flag and
Verstappen clinching a podium place. It was a bold and proactive move
that prompted Dr Helmut Marko to say afterwards: “We were all
exceptional, but if we won it was mainly due to Hannah.”

Being adaptable and having to instantly react to live scenarios is the
part of Schmitz’s job that undoubtedly brings her the most pressure, but
also the most adrenaline. ----

On the morning of a normal race day, Schmitz will attend meetings that
are purposely shaped to feel more like discussions with the drivers,
race engineers, Adrian Newey and ultimately Christian Horner to consider
the race plans.

Then it depends on whether she is on the pit wall at the circuit or back
in the state-of-the-art Operations Room facility at Milton Keynes,
something that is alternated every race with Head of Race Strategy Will
Courtenay.

The mission is the same regardless of where they are positioned, but the
roles are very different. On the pit wall the aim is to keep a clear
head and look at the bigger picture of how to win the race. --- "

She is certainly a recognisable face to F1 fans after being beamed
around the world at the Brazilian Grand Prix in 2019, when she made the
call to pit Verstappen for a third time despite knowing he would
initially lose the race lead.

When the move resulted in the Dutchman winning, Schmitz was asked to
step on the podium alongside Verstappen to collect the Constructors trophy.

“It was an incredibly special moment and the pinnacle of my career,” she
reveals. “I’d actually just come back to work after having my first
child so that was quite a big thing for me, to prove I was still here
and could do the job well. It was just an incredible experience.”

Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium again as team representative?

<yySdneW2MPzuj4T-nZ2dnZeNn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=60&group=rec.autos.sport.cart#60

Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 09:51:31 +1200
representative?
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.cart
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 21:51 UTC

On 8/09/2022 5:29 am, a425couple wrote:
> When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium again as team
> representative?
> They have been sending a variety of employees up for the ceremony.
> Hannah Schmitz certainly has played an important role in winning races.
> Red Bull likes publicity.  Her on podium would certainly generate
> publicity!

I guess Texarsehole will be lambasting RB for being so 'woke' ....

geoff

Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium again as team representative?

<y-GcnVSxjqDgiYT-nZ2dnZfqn_rNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=61&group=rec.autos.sport.cart#61

From: hornplay...@aol.com (Hornplayer9599)
Subject: Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium again as team representative?
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.cart
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2022 22:00:29 +0000
 by: Hornplayer9599 - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 22:00 UTC

geoff wrote:

> On 8/09/2022 5:29 am, a425couple wrote:
> > When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium again as team
> > representative? They have been sending a variety of employees up
> > for the ceremony. Hannah Schmitz certainly has played an important
> > role in winning races. Red Bull likes publicity.  Her on podium
> > would certainly generate publicity!
> >

> I guess Texarsehole will be lambasting RB for being so 'woke' ....
>
> geoff

Does he (TXarsehole) ever need a reason to be himself?

--

Intelligence is no guarantee against being dead wrong.
--Carl Sagan

Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium - into Angela Cullen

<Qd9SK.170937$3AK7.166742@fx35.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=62&group=rec.autos.sport.cart#62

Subject: Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium - into Angela
Cullen
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.cart
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 15:49:18 -0700
 by: a425couple - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 22:49 UTC

On 09/07/2022 02:51 PM, geoff wrote:
> On 8/09/2022 5:29 am, a425couple wrote:
>> When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium again as team
>> representative?
>> They have been sending a variety of employees up for the ceremony.
>> Hannah Schmitz certainly has played an important role in winning races.
>> Red Bull likes publicity.  Her on podium would certainly generate
>> publicity!
>>

> I guess Texarsehole will be lambasting RB for being so 'woke' ....
> geoff

Talking about "woke", , ,
it appears that physiotherapist and confidante Angela Cullen
has never been sent to podium.

Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium - into Mercedes decisions.

<ck9SK.25325$1Ly7.4099@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63&group=rec.autos.sport.cart#63

Subject: Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium - into
Mercedes decisions.
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.cart
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 15:56:06 -0700
 by: a425couple - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 22:56 UTC

On 09/07/2022 02:51 PM, geoff wrote:
> On 8/09/2022 5:29 am, a425couple wrote:
>> When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium again as team
>> representative?
>> They have been sending a variety of employees up for the ceremony.
>> Hannah Schmitz certainly has played an important role in winning races.
>> Red Bull likes publicity.  Her on podium would certainly generate
>> publicity!
>>
> I guess Texarsehole will be lambasting RB for being so 'woke' ....
> geoff

He has not yet, so maybe we should not prejudge. ??

A thought about strategy calls, and being 'woke'.
It seems that lately Lewis Hamilton has been increasingly questioning
more and more strategy calls that come from the pit wall.
And blaming the calls for costing him wins and places.

Think this trend would change if the calls were made by a female
race strategist?

Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium - into Angela Cullen

<35Odnb2Fl64F_YT-nZ2dnZeNn_TNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=65&group=rec.autos.sport.cart#65

Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 15:24:56 +1200
Subject: Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium - into Angela Cullen
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.cart
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 03:24 UTC

On 8/09/2022 10:49 am, a425couple wrote:
> On 09/07/2022 02:51 PM, geoff wrote:
>> On 8/09/2022 5:29 am, a425couple wrote:
>>> When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium again as team
>>> representative?
>>> They have been sending a variety of employees up for the ceremony.
>>> Hannah Schmitz certainly has played an important role in winning races.
>>> Red Bull likes publicity.  Her on podium would certainly generate
>>> publicity!
>>>

>> I guess Texarsehole will be lambasting RB for being so 'woke' ....
>> geoff
>>

> Talking about "woke", ,  ,
> it appears that physiotherapist and confidante Angela Cullen
> has never been sent to podium.

Would be nice to get some more Kiwis up on the podium, one way or
another ....

geoff

Re: When will Red Bull send Hannah Schmitz up to podium - into Angela Cullen

<MPG.3d83926674e8b0b354@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=66&group=rec.autos.sport.cart#66

From: try...@reply.to (Alan LeHun)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.cart
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 06:47:54 +0100
 by: Alan LeHun - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 05:47 UTC

In article <Qd9SK.170937$3AK7.166742@fx35.iad>, a425couple@hotmail.com
says...
> Talking about "woke", , ,
> it appears that physiotherapist and confidante Angela Cullen
> has never been sent to podium.

She's not 'team' though, is she? I thought she was employed by LH. Icbw.

--
Alan LeHun