From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: BANG:_Warriors_provide_encouraging_update_on_Steph_Curr
y’s_injured_ankle
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 21:26:48 -0800
 by: Allen - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 05:26 UTC

Warriors provide encouraging update on Steph Curry’s injured ankle
An MRI revealed no structural damage in Curry's ankle joint

>Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry (30) leaves the game after
getting injured in the fourth quarter against the Chicago Bulls,
Thursday, March 7, 2024, at Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif. (Karl
Mondon/Bay Area News Group)

Danny Emerman is a Bay Area News Group sports reporter
By DANNY EMERMAN | demerman@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: March 9, 2024 at 3:18 p.m. | UPDATED: March 9, 2024 at 4:24 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2024/03/09/warriors-provide-encouraging-update-on-steph-currys-injured-ankle/

SAN FRANCISCO — An MRI revealed no structural damage in the joint of
Steph Curry’s right ankle, and the team announced that he’ll be
re-evaluated again on Tuesday, March 12.

Per that update, Curry is on track to miss at least two games — Saturday
against the Spurs and the rematch Monday in San Antonio. As the Warriors
make a push to escape the play-in round, they’ll need their superstar
point guard to return — and return without missing a step — as soon as
possible.

The first game Curry will miss is Saturday night at home against the
Spurs, who will also be missing rookie phenom Victor Wembanyama. If his
Tuesday re-evaluation goes well, Curry could return for games in Dallas
and Los Angeles, both of which will carry bigger postseason ramifications.

In the bottom of what Steve Kerr called the ‘deepest’ conference he’s
seen, the Lakers and Mavericks are two of the teams Golden State is
competing with to escape the play-in round. Curry’s availability for
those contests could go a long way in determining the playoff seeding.

In his 15th season, Curry is averaging 26.9 points per game while
shooting 44.9% from the field and 40.7% from behind the 3-point arc. He
exited from Thursday night’s game against Chicago late in the fourth
quarter after twisting his right ankle on a drive to the rim.

Although the team-issued update doesn’t detail the grade of Curry’s
sprain, it seems as though Curry’s injury is less severe than some
initially feared.

Draymond Green said that Curry’s spirits were high following the injury,
a good sign for someone with a history of debilitating ankle injuries.
But Klay Thompson’s comments seemed to portend the Warriors were bracing
for Curry to be sidelined.

“I know we’re going to miss him if he does have time off,” Klay Thompson
said. “We’ve been in this position before where he has had time off and
we just got to do it collectively. I know he’ll be ready to go when he
does come back, whenever that is. We just want to wish him a speedy
recovery and to take his time.”

Given the critical juncture of the season, Curry and the Warriors can’t
necessarily afford to take their time, and so a speedy recovery is
already underway.

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / BANG: Warriors provide encouraging update on Steph Curry’s injured ankle