From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: NBCSBA:_Draymond_laments_Warriors'_‘unacceptable'
_home_struggles
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 21:26:46 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 01:26 UTC

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/draymond-green-home-struggles-knicks/1715047/

Draymond laments Warriors' ‘unacceptable' home struggles

By Andy Lindquist

• Published 1 hour ago

After yet another dispiriting home loss Monday night, this time to a
shorthanded New York Knicks team, Draymond Green sounded off on the
Warriors' struggles at Chase Center this season.

Speaking on the latest episode of his eponymous podcast, Green expressed
his frustrations with how Golden State continues to struggle at home
despite their recent string of road victories against tough opponents.

“The Knicks loss is our third straight loss at home, which again, I
don’t quite understand,” Green said.

“We seem to be playing a lot better and more connected on the road then
we are at home, and that’s a problem because we keep kind of having this
week at home, week on the road, week at home, week on the road, and
it’ll pretty much be like that through the end of the year.”

After lamenting the fact that the Warriors have a 17-18 home record,
Green admitted that the way the team has been performing at Chase Center
was not sufficient for a long playoff run.

“Honestly, it’s unacceptable. If I had an answer for you, what’s
happening, I would 1,000 percent give the answer to my teammates, but we
can’t seem to figure it out,” Green explained. “And when you’re at home,
you should feed off the energy from the crowd. Everybody should play
better when you’re at home, and that’s just not happening for us.

“So, there are about 14 games left and we’ve got to figure it out at
some point because these games are very critical for us. You can’t keep
taking one step forward, two steps back, and that’s what we keep doing.”

Green has been the emotional core of the Warriors for quite some time,
so his frustrations undoubtedly are felt by other members of the team.
While Golden State has been playing better this calendar year after
Green’s return from an indefinite suspension, the team has faltered
against some of the league’s best.

The loss against the short-handed Knicks leaves the Warriors with a 5-5
record over their last 10 games, making the path to a top-six seed in
the Western Conference playoffs even less likely than before.

With tough games against the likes of the Dallas Mavericks and Minnesota
Timberwolves coming up, Green and the rest of the Warriors know that
they will have to play better as time is running out to move up the
conference standings and avoid the play-in.

As it stands now, Golden State would be the No. 10 seed in the West and
would face the Los Angeles Lakers in a loser-go-home one-game playoff in
the play-in.

Green and the rest of the Warriors know that their continued
inconsistent play will not cut it in a high-stakes playoff game, and
they will have to finish the season playing much stronger basketball at
home in order to make a deep playoff run.

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / NBCSBA: Draymond laments Warriors' ‘unacceptable' home struggles