From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Andrew Wiggins' Brother Cuts Season Short For Serious Personal Issues
At Home
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 13:11:54 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 17:11 UTC

RM: Has any clear information surfaced as to what is going on with
[Andrew] Wiggins or his family?

https://fadeawayworld.net/andrew-wiggins-brother-season-short-serious-personal-issues-home

Andrew Wiggins' Brother Cuts Season Short For Serious Personal Issues At

Andrew Wiggins' brother Nick ended his season in Indonesia to return
home and deal with serious personal issues at home.

Ishaan Bhattacharya

Updated:
2 hours ago

Andrew Wiggins' brother, Nick Wiggins, has announced that he will be
cutting his season with the Pacific Caesar of the Indonesian Basketball
League short to return home to deal with a serious personal issue:

"I just want to say thank you to all of my Pacific Caesar fans,
teammates, and coaches. In this life, you will come across tough
decisions. Due to some serious personal issues back home, I had to cut
the season short and head back. I enjoyed every minute with y'all.
Throughout these last few weeks, you all have helped me hold my head up
and stay."

This gives us more information about Andrew's struggles for the last two
seasons, as Wiggins has declined after his crucial performances to help
the Warriors win the 2022 NBA Championship. He's averaging 12.7 points
and 4.4 rebounds this season, with a clear drop-off in performance from
what is expected of him.

Wiggins has had to go on personal leave twice over the last 15 months as
well. The most recent one of these leaves came in February. Though some
untrue rumors about his personal life have been spread in this span, we
hope that the entire Wiggins family can deal with the issues plaguing
them at their own pace.

There are other rumors about the possibility of relatives being unwell,
but it's best not to speculate, given what happened with previous rumors.

What Does This Mean For Andrew Wiggins?

If a serious issue is brewing at home for Wiggins, it explains his
regression on the court recently. Without him performing at a high
level, the Warriors cannot hope to contend for another title. He is
capable of making a positive impact on the court on a game-to-game
basis, but his consistency has been poor this season.

Andrew won't cut his season short, given that there is a lot more at
stake for him with the Warriors, and he is still close enough to home,
unlike his brother, who was playing in Southeast Asia. The team has been
supporting him through this period, so he will try and contribute to the
team for as long as he can, given there is just a month of action left.

The Warriors chose to stay with Wiggins in the winter and not trade him
for a short-term upgrade, given his inconsistent form. They've virtually
backed him to step his play up, though the emergence of Jonathan Kuminga
in his position has made the decision easier for the Warriors.

Ultimately, everyone should just hope that the personal issues faced by
the Wiggins family can be dealt with to their satisfaction. As fans, we
want to see both Andrew and Nick succeed on the court.

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / Andrew Wiggins' Brother Cuts Season Short For Serious Personal Issues At Home