From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: NBCSBA: Simmering Steph addresses Draymond's ejection in Warriors'
win
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 00:54:14 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 04:54 UTC

RM: This has several Steph videos:

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/steph-curry-draymond-green-ejection/1717816/

Simmering Steph addresses Draymond's ejection in Warriors' win

By Ali Thanawalla

• Published 1 hour ago

he emotions were all over Steph Curry's face, from the 8:24 mark in the
first quarter of the Warriors' 101-93 win over the Orlando Magic on
Wednesday night, all the way through his postgame media session with
reporters in the visiting locker room.

Draymond Green's first-quarter ejection at Kia Center set Curry on a
slow simmer and he boiled over in the final minute of the crucial win on
the second night of a back-to-back.

"All I’ll say is, we need him," Curry told reporters after the game when
asked about Green's untimely ejection, via The Athletic's Anthony
Slater. "He knows that. We all know that. So whatever it takes to keep
him on the floor and be available, that’s what’s got to happen.
Especially this point in the year. So tough way to start the game.

"But I am extremely proud of every single person who stepped foot on the
floor tonight and responded the way that they did because, back-to-back,
a team as physical as they are, we got contributions from everybody and
it was a beautiful team effort to respond the way that we did and get
this win. Because we went and took it. That's a big sign for us. A sign
of growth to be able to respond that way."

In the moments immediately after Green's ejection, Curry's visible
frustration was caught by TV cameras.

"We know how important [this part of the season] is and our ability to
get into a rhythm and secure a play-in opportunity and give ourselves a
shot, you don't want to have self-inflicted wounds when it comes to
that," Curry told reporters. "We all care. We're all passionate about
the game and our chances to have something to play for down the stretch.
You give everything you got to this game and that's the emotion."

The Warriors are fighting to hang on to a Western Conference play-in
spot, and their win over the Magic kept them one game ahead of the
Houston Rockets for the No. 10 seed.

Curry knows how important every single game down the stretch is, and
Green's ejection put an early dent in the Warriors' chances of winning.

But a group effort, aided by Andrew Wiggins (team-high 23), Klay
Thompson (15 points), Moses Moody (12 points), Gary Payton II (10
points) and Trayce Jackson-Davis (eight points and 14 rebounds), helped
the Warriors improve to 38-34 this season.

Curry sealed the win by scoring the final five points of the game,
including a dagger step-back 3-pointer, which led to his emotional
explosion.

Curry dropped his signature night, night celebration and then proceeded
to forcefully kick chairs near the Warriors' bench before letting out a
primal scream.

This matters to Curry. Every game means something to him. On this night,
Green left his brothers hanging less than four minutes into the game.

But an emotional Curry used it as fuel.

Now the hope for Curry and the Warriors is that Green gets the message
and keeps his emotions in check for the rest of the season. Because they
need to win just about every single game if they want to keep playing
beyond April 14.

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / NBCSBA: Simmering Steph addresses Draymond's ejection in Warriors' win