From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: BANG:_Steph_Curry_on_Draymond_Green’s_latest_ej
ection: ‘We need him’
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 20:08:02 -0700
 by: Allen - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 03:08 UTC

Steph Curry on Draymond Green’s latest ejection: ‘We need him’
"Whatever needs to happen for him to be in a space where he can be
productive and be in the right mind for us on the court, that's what has
to happen."
>ORLANDO, FLORIDA – MARCH 27: Stephen Curry #30 of the Golden State
Warriors looks on during a game against the Orlando Magic at Kia Center
on March 27, 2024 in Orlando, Florida. NOTE TO USER: User expressly
acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this
photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty
Images License Agreement. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)

Danny Emerman is a Bay Area News Group sports reporter
By DANNY EMERMAN | demerman@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: March 27, 2024 at 8:44 p.m. | UPDATED: March 27, 2024 at 9:03
p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2024/03/27/steph-curry-on-draymond-greens-latest-ejection-we-need-him/

ORLANDO, Fla. — Hours before he slipped on an all-yellow outfit and
stood in front of his locker, before he hit his latest “night-night”
celebration, before he recorded his seventh double-double of the season,
Steph Curry was apoplectic.

After Draymond Green got assessed two technical fouls in rapid
succession to get ejected Wednesday night, Curry keeled over. The
Warriors were already without Jonathan Kuminga for a massive road
matchup against the Orlando, now Green was gone too? Less than four
minutes into the game, an exasperated Curry hid his red face in the neck
of his jersey.

Curry, once again, lost the defensive yin to his yang. Green, for the
fourth time this year and for the umpteenth time of this dynasty, lost
his cool in such a manner that removed him from the court. Green is so
crucial to the Warriors, any time he puts his availability at risk is a
major hit to Golden State’s chances. They’ve had this discussion.
They’ve had it so many times.

“We need him,” Curry said after an improbable 101-93 win in Orlando. “He
knows that. We all know that. So whatever it takes to keep him on the
floor, to be available, that’s what’s got to happen. Especially at this
point of the year. Tough way to start the game, but I am extremely proud
of every single person that stepped on the floor tonight and responded
the way that they did.”

The NBA’s most loyal, unselfish superstar of his generation isn’t going
to rip a teammate publicly, no matter how many times he messes up. And
Curry loves Green. They’re bonded by 12 years of battles on the front
lines together. They’ve won four championships together. And Green’s
ability as a defensive savant has made him worth the headaches he induces.

But it was clear Green’s latest ejection struck a nerve. That the
Warriors were able to rally their way to a stunning victory over the
Magic without Green — and Kuminga — undoubtedly lightened the Warriors’
postgame mood.

“It was a beautiful team effort to respond the way we did and get this
win,” Curry said. “We went and took it. That’s a big sign for us, a sign
of growth, to be able to respond that way.”

Still, Curry’s emotions ran high — and rightfully so. Every game has
serious playoff implications for the Warriors as Houston has won 10
straight and remains on their heels for the last play-in spot.

--
Warriors on NBCS
@NBCSWarriors ·Follow

4:45 PM · Mar 27, 2024
27.3K Reply Share
--

“We know how important this part of the season is, and our ability to
get into a rhythm and secure a play-in opportunity, give ourselves a

The details of Green’s self-inflicted wound in the Kia Center were
simple. According to crew chief Mitchell Ervin, “after a long diatribe,
Green directed egregious profane language towards a game official.” His
past history was “absolutely not” a factor in the decision to whistle
him for back-to-back technicals with 8:24 left in the first quarter.

Green’s league-leading fourth ejection of the season was “deserved,”
Steve Kerr said. Just days ago, the head coach praised Green’s ability
to balance his competitive fire with composure; Wednesday was his first
ejection since returning from his indefinite suspension. His actions
against the Magic don’t erode Kerr’s confidence in Green going forward,
the coach said.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Warriors’ Draymond Green takes ownership for Orlando ejection on podcast
Warriors shock Magic despite Draymond Green’s ejection
Draymond Green ejected from Warriors-Magic game
The Warriors’ Klay Thompson experiment has worked
Warriors handle depleted Heat to regain footing

But it was a reminder that as Green tiptoes the line, any gust of wind
could still push him over the edge. Green has certainly shown
improvements in self-control since returning, but his midseason
sabbatical didn’t change his DNA. He’s still a fiery competitor with a
temper streak. That’s who he is, and that’s not going to change.

Green is still indispensable – in part because of that fire. The
Warriors have no choice but to take his latest outburst and move on.

“That’s what we expect from him,” Curry said. “Like I said, we need him
out there. Whatever needs to happen for him to be in a space where he
can be productive and be in the right mind for us on the court, that’s
what has to happen.”

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / BANG: Steph Curry on Draymond Green’s latest ejection: ‘We need him’