From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: BANG:_Warriors’_Draymond_Green_takes_ownership_
for_Orlando_ejection_on_podcast
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 20:12:47 -0700
 by: Allen - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 03:12 UTC

Warriors’ Draymond Green takes ownership for Orlando ejection on podcast
"I have to be on the floor. Whatever that means, you just have to do that."
>Golden State center Draymond Green (23) screams at game official Ray
Acosta (54) as Golden State guard Stephen Curry (30) steps in at right
during the Golden State Warriors at Orlando Magic NBA game at the Kia
Center on Wednesday, March 27, 2024. Green was ejected from the game
seconds later after being called for a second technical foul. (Stephen
M. Dowell/Orlando Sentinel)

Danny Emerman is a Bay Area News Group sports reporter
By DANNY EMERMAN | demerman@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: March 28, 2024 at 11:43 a.m. | UPDATED: March 28, 2024 at
11:43 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2024/03/28/warriors-draymond-green-takes-ownership-for-orlando-ejection-on-podcast/

In a new podcast episode posted Thursday morning, Draymond Green took
ownership of his latest on-court outburst, which earned him an ejection
than four minutes into a game the prior night against the Orlando Magic.

“Just can’t do it,” Green said on his show. “Regardless of what was said
— I’m not going to get into what was said, because that’s irrelevant. To
Steph’s point, I have to be on the floor. Whatever that means, you just
have to do that. I’m not overreacting to this because of everything that
happened in the beginning of the season. I feel like since I’ve
returned, everything’s heading in the right direction. Hit a little bump
in the road, get over it and keep going.”

Despite losing Green and already missing Jonathan Kuminga due to knee
tendinitis, the Warriors rallied to a 101-93 victory. Andrew Wiggins
stepped up to deliver 13 points in the fourth quarter and several
complementary players — Trayce Jackson-Davis, Gary Payton II, Brandin
Podziemski and Moses Moody — elevated their games.

Green was arguing with Ray Acosta after a foul call that gave Palo
Banchero an and-1. Green wasn’t whistled for the foul and wasn’t
directly involved in the play, but berated Acosta in what the crew chief
later termed a “long diatribe” that included “egregious profane language.”

When Green was thrown out of the game, Steph Curry keeled over in
exasperation. At his locker postgame, the superstar point guard
reiterated the need for Green to keep his composure and stay on the court.

“It just can’t happen,” Green echoed. “I said what I said, I deserved to
get kicked out at that point. If I’m all the way honest with y’all, I
was trying to turn my body, angle toward the bench, and I said what I
said a little too soon before angling my body to the bench. It just
can’t happen. We need to win games. Like I said: not going to overreact.
Like ‘aw, man.’ Stuff as never as good as it seems, it’s never as bad as
it seems. I know where I am, I understand what I’m doing moving forward
and my position. Just making sure that that’s the exception, and not the
rule.”

Green’s Wednesday ejection was his first since returning from his
indefinite suspension in mid-January. His erratic on-court behavior —
including putting Rudy Gobert in a headlock and striking Jusuf Nurkic —
has cost him 21 full games in a season in which Golden State is fighting
for the 10th seed. He leads the league with four total ejections.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Steph Curry on Draymond Green’s latest ejection: ‘We need him’
Warriors shock Magic despite Draymond Green’s ejection
Draymond Green ejected from Warriors-Magic game
The Warriors’ Klay Thompson experiment has worked
Warriors handle depleted Heat to regain footing

The sentiment of needing to move on is something Green shares with Curry
and his teammates. It’s really the only option available; Green is too
valuable — he needs to do whatever he can to avoid putting himself in
positions that risk his availability.

“That’s what we expect from him,” Curry said. “Like I said, we need him
out there. Whatever needs to happen for him to be in a space where he
can be productive and be in the right mind for us on the court, that’s
what has to happen.”

Green recorded his podcast during the Warriors’ off day in Charlotte.
Golden State visits the Hornets on Friday night for the fourth game of a
five-city trip.

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / BANG: Warriors’ Draymond Green takes ownership for Orlando ejection on podcast