From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: NBCSBA: Myers admits crying to Steph after Warriors exit announcement
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 10:13:40 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
 by: Robin Miller - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 14:13 UTC

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/bob-myers-cried-steph-curry-stepping-down/1721287/

Myers admits crying to Steph after Warriors exit announcement

By Taylor Wirth

• Published April 6, 2024

In stepping down as Warriors general manager after the 2022-23 NBA
season, Bob Myers knew there was one person he would miss as much, if
not more than anyone else.

Steph Curry.

The perennial superstar led Myers' Warriors to four NBA championships
during his tenure as general manager, and above all else, was an
upstanding person, a relationship Myers coveted.

Myers joined former NBA star JJ Reddick on the latest episode of his
"The Old Man & the Three" podcast, where he discussed why he knew he'd
miss being around Curry after deciding to step down from his position
last summer.

"When I decided I was leaving, I went to see him for dinner. I cried
when I told him I was done," Myers recalled. "Mostly because I felt like
I wasn't going to see him every day. Not because I'm 'giving up another
chance to win a championship.' None of that. It was more like this
person's not going to be in my life as much as they used to be and I'm
doing this to myself.

"Because he's such a good person, such a good light. He's a light that I
got to show up and be around ... it's tough, I do miss him. I miss the
guy. He's a genuine article. People that think he's like that for the
cameras or 'he's not really that nice a guy.' That's crap, he is man."

After Myers officially stepped down at the end of June last year, he
signed with ESPN as an NBA analyst, appearing on a number of the
network's shows, including "NBA Countdown."

He since has covered a handful of Curry and the Warriors' primetime
games and likely is in frequent communication with his former star
player, but it's safe to assume he's not around his longtime friend
nearly as much as he would like to be.

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / NBCSBA: Myers admits crying to Steph after Warriors exit announcement