From 0 to "what seems to be the problem officer" in 8.3 seconds. -- Ad for the new VW Corrado

sport / rec.sport.football.college / Poor people in America

SubjectAuthor
* Poor people in Americairishranger317@gmail.com
+* Re: Poor people in AmericaCon Reeder, unhyphenated American
|`* Re: Poor people in Americaxyzzy
| `- Re: Poor people in AmericaCon Reeder, unhyphenated American
`* Re: Poor people in AmericaKen Olson
 `- Re: Poor people in AmericaKen Olson

1
Poor people in America

<8ae7017c-bd8e-4850-98a5-2560dadfc6f1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=68623&group=rec.sport.football.college#68623

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 07:08:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Poor people in America
From: irishran...@gmail.com (irishranger317@gmail.com)
 by: irishranger317@gmail - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 14:08 UTC

"Let's talk about poor people in America. Statistics from
the Census Bureau out this week say poverty is increasing
for the first time in 22 years. The bureau puts the number at
about 38 million folks living below the poverty line of $30,000
a year for a family of four.

President Biden says poverty is increasing because of some
cutbacks to the massive social programs Democrats have
created. The left is committed to supporting Americans who
cannot cut it in the marketplace by giving them entitlements
gleaned from the taxes of working people. This is called
" income redistribution."

The problem here is that the federal government now owes
about $33 trillion dollars. The USA cannot cover its massive
bills, soit has to borrow.

Joe Biden could not care less. He is in business to buy votes
by promising free stuff to the have-nots. He has absolutely no
plan to reduce poverty through achievement.

America offers more opportunities than any other country, but
you have to seize it. Having babies out of wedlock with no assets
will guarantee you'll be poor. Becoming a substance abuser leads to poverty. So does failing to get an education or refusing to develop a skill.

There are many pathways to avoid economic hardship. The military, community college degrees, working your butt off, and saving
your money. But sitting around waiting for government assistance is a doom loop.

That's the truth. Someone tell Joe Biden." Bill O'Reilly

Irish Mike

Re: Poor people in America

<slrnug3qh3.3c68n.constance@karen.heins.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=68635&group=rec.sport.football.college#68635

From: consta...@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Subject: Re: Poor people in America
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 16:58:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 16:58 UTC

On 2023-09-13, irishranger317@gmail.com <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Let's talk about poor people in America. Statistics from
> the Census Bureau out this week say poverty is increasing
> for the first time in 22 years. The bureau puts the number at
> about 38 million folks living below the poverty line of $30,000
> a year for a family of four.

Except that the transfer payments from government mean they are really
living at a $50K+ level.

> President Biden says poverty is increasing because of some cutbacks
> to the massive social programs Democrats have created. The left is
> committed to supporting Americans who cannot cut it in the
> marketplace by giving them entitlements gleaned from the taxes of
> working people. This is called " income redistribution."

Ridiculous. We are utterly and overly generous, which is why there is the
landrush immigration occurring.

--
{((>:o}~ <<<<Oh look!!! An idolatrous image of the prophet!!! Surely
we must now avenge this blasphemy by burning down the world!!!

Re: Poor people in America

<udsqk8$27euk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=68636&group=rec.sport.football.college#68636

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 17:13:44 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:72Gv/R2dvF+h6cvqBBTMnffArfE=
 by: xyzzy - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 17:13 UTC

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <constance@duxmail.com> wrote:
> On 2023-09-13, irishranger317@gmail.com <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "Let's talk about poor people in America. Statistics from
>> the Census Bureau out this week say poverty is increasing
>> for the first time in 22 years. The bureau puts the number at
>> about 38 million folks living below the poverty line of $30,000
>> a year for a family of four.
>
> Except that the transfer payments from government mean they are really
> living at a $50K+ level.

That assumes every poor person is getting every transfer payment possible,
including ones that have long wait lists or for which only a few people
qualify, which is ludicrous.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: Poor people in America

<slrnug43oi.3c8gc.constance@karen.heins.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=68640&group=rec.sport.football.college#68640

From: consta...@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:35:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:35 UTC

On 2023-09-13, xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:
> Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <constance@duxmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2023-09-13, irishranger317@gmail.com <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> "Let's talk about poor people in America. Statistics from
>>> the Census Bureau out this week say poverty is increasing
>>> for the first time in 22 years. The bureau puts the number at
>>> about 38 million folks living below the poverty line of $30,000
>>> a year for a family of four.
>>
>> Except that the transfer payments from government mean they are really
>> living at a $50K+ level.
>
> That assumes every poor person is getting every transfer payment possible,
> including ones that have long wait lists or for which only a few people
> qualify, which is ludicrous.

*Every*? You don't need "every" to get your poverty rate under 10%, which
is where we are at.

--
Alas for those who never sing, but die with all their music in them.
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Re: Poor people in America

<udtnod$2blin$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=68650&group=rec.sport.football.college#68650

From: kol...@freedomnet.org (Ken Olson)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 21:30:53 -0400
 by: Ken Olson - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 01:30 UTC

On 9/13/2023 9:22 PM, Some dued wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 9:08:41 AM UTC-5, irishra...@gmail.com wrote:
>> "Let's talk about poor people in America. Statistics from
>> the Census Bureau out this week say poverty is increasing
>> for the first time in 22 years. The bureau puts the number at
>> about 38 million folks living below the poverty line of $30,000
>> a year for a family of four.
>>
>> President Biden says poverty is increasing because of some
>> cutbacks to the massive social programs Democrats have
>> created. The left is committed to supporting Americans who
>> cannot cut it in the marketplace by giving them entitlements
>> gleaned from the taxes of working people. This is called
>> " income redistribution."
>>
>> The problem here is that the federal government now owes
>> about $33 trillion dollars. The USA cannot cover its massive
>> bills, soit has to borrow.
>>
>> Joe Biden could not care less. He is in business to buy votes
>> by promising free stuff to the have-nots. He has absolutely no
>> plan to reduce poverty through achievement.
>>
>> America offers more opportunities than any other country, but
>> you have to seize it. Having babies out of wedlock with no assets
>> will guarantee you'll be poor. Becoming a substance abuser leads to poverty. So does failing to get an education or refusing to develop a skill.
>>
>> There are many pathways to avoid economic hardship. The military, community college degrees, working your butt off, and saving
>> your money. But sitting around waiting for government assistance is a doom loop.
>>
>> That's the truth. Someone tell Joe Biden." Bill O'Reilly
>>
>> Irish Mike
>
> Maybe Congress should do something other than trying to figure out ways to impeach Biden.

Maybe they could pass bills that would reduce the number of laws.
--
ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Слава Україні та НАТО

Слава героям

Härlighet till Sverige

Glorie aan Nederland en Denemarken

Re: Poor people in America

<uduoqd$2jhhl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=68652&group=rec.sport.football.college#68652

From: kol...@freedomnet.org (Ken Olson)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 06:55:08 -0400
 by: Ken Olson - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 10:55 UTC

On 9/14/2023 6:10 AM, floaterjr wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 9:31:00 PM UTC-4, Ken Olson wrote:

>>> Maybe Congress should do something other than trying to figure out ways to impeach Biden.
>> Maybe they could pass bills that would reduce the number of laws.
>> --
>> ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen
>>
>> Слава Україні та НАТО
>>
>> Слава героям
>>
>> Härlighet till Sverige
>>
>> Glorie aan Nederland en Denemarken
> https://nypost.com/2023/09/13/in-bidens-war-on-poverty-poverty-especially-for-kids-is-winning/
>
> The main stream press don't seem to understand Bidenomics is failing, they need to get real about America's problems and stop the cheerleading.

U be right.