From: californ...@latimes.com (California stupid)
Subject: Re: Jackass Newsom sues oil companies, gas prices spike.
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 23:03:23 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.california, alt.politics.miserable-failure,
rec.sport.football.college, sac.politics, talk.politics.guns
 by: California stupid - Mon, 18 Sep 2023 21:03 UTC

On 15 Jun 2023, Rudy The Pedophile 2024 <nowomr@protonmail.com>
posted some news:u6g0a4$hd1s$6@dont-email.me:

> This is how mentally ill Democrats are. They want this asshole as
> their president.

The state of California on Friday filed one of the most significant
cases against major oil companies for what it sees is their role in
perpetuating climate change.

The 135-page legal complaint, filed through the office of California
Attorney General Rob Bonta in San Francisco superior court, alleges that
five big oil companies along with the American Petroleum Institute, a
trade organization that represents them, orchestrated a decadeslong
disinformation campaign to hide the correlation between fossil fuel
production and climate change.

The state claims that this intentional cover-up has gone on since at
least the 1970s and has delayed the public�s response to climate change,
exacerbating extreme natural disasters and incurring tens of billions of
dollars in recovery costs.

The oil companies named as defendants are BP
, Chevron
, ConocoPhillips
, Exxon Mobil
, and Shell

.. The state is seeking an abatement fund paid for by the defendants that
will finance recovery efforts for the future damage of human-caused
climate change. It also asks that the oil companies and their trade
group pay a share of the damages from extreme weather disasters worsened
by climate change.

It�s the latest in a slew of climate litigation against oil companies in
cities nationwide. But California�s entrance into this legal arena is
particularly damning.

The sheer number and magnitude of extreme weather events in California
means the oil companies face a heftier price tag in damages if they lose
the case than they might in smaller states.

�California getting involved is a big signal to other jurisdictions
around the country that they think this is a winning case,� said Korey
Silverman-Roati, a senior fellow at Columbia University�s Sabin Center
for Climate Change Law. �That could in turn motivate more people, more
states, more cities, more counties to file.�

The lawsuit is also notable for its timing. It comes after an April
Supreme Court ruling denied five oil companies� appeals to have similar
cases heard in federal rather than state court. Federal appeals can
sometimes be �a quick path to dismissal,� according to Silverman-Roati,
but with this ruling the California suit will more likely remain on the
state level.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/18/california-sues-chevron-exxon-oil-giants-
on-climate-change-deception.html

Rob Bonta is the communist asshole who deliberately released private
data of California gun owners.

Re: Jackass Newsom sues oil companies, gas prices spike.

<b11894ae-a101-4c67-841d-341579b3ff93n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=68700&group=rec.sport.football.college#68700

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 14:34:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Mon, 18 Sep 2023 21:34 UTC

On Monday, September 18, 2023 at 2:03:31 PM UTC-7, California stupid wrote:
> On 15 Jun 2023, Rudy The Pedophile 2024 <now...@protonmail.com>
> posted some news:u6g0a4$hd1s$6...@dont-email.me:
>
> > This is how mentally ill Democrats are. They want this asshole as
> > their president.
>
> The state of California on Friday filed one of the most significant
> cases against major oil companies for what it sees is their role in
> perpetuating climate change.

Maybe then we can get some of you fuckers to stop spreading your bullshit, virus and otherwise.

Fuck you.

Mike