From: MHnos...@ucalgary.ca (MH)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Eternal relegation [R]
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 16:49:54 -0700
 by: MH - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 23:49 UTC

Doc always used to predict eternal relegation for Liverpool and Everton,
and this year it looks like he might be on to something for Everton.
Maybe Ancelotti also knew something when he jumped ship. They have been
unlucky with injuries, sure, but have also made some weird decisions
like selling Digne. Lampard has not stopped the rot, and while I am not
one of those with unbridled faith in the magical transformational powers
of coaches/managers, it seems quite likely he was a poor choice.
Why not go with someone who knows how to tough it out in a relegation
battle year after year ? Graham Potter, perhaps, or Sean Dyche ?

Re: Eternal relegation [R]

<t06964$2e2i$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=6995&group=rec.sport.soccer#6995

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Re: Eternal relegation [R]
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 00:49:08 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 00:49 UTC

In article <t065n4$nig$1@dont-email.me>, MH <MHnospam@ucalgary.ca> wrote:
>Doc always used to predict eternal relegation for Liverpool and Everton,
>and this year it looks like he might be on to something for Everton.
>Maybe Ancelotti also knew something when he jumped ship. They have been
>unlucky with injuries, sure, but have also made some weird decisions
>like selling Digne. Lampard has not stopped the rot, and while I am not
>one of those with unbridled faith in the magical transformational powers
>of coaches/managers, it seems quite likely he was a poor choice.
>Why not go with someone who knows how to tough it out in a relegation
>battle year after year ? Graham Potter, perhaps, or Sean Dyche ?

Aston Villa is the next candidate!
Corruption knows no end- it even wants false friends. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Eternal relegation [R]

<215ccc5d-914b-4795-bcc4-1f636e6a2f50n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=7004&group=rec.sport.soccer#7004

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 09:48:29 -0800 (PST)
From: dun...@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 17:48 UTC

On Monday, March 7, 2022 at 6:49:58 p.m. UTC-5, MH wrote:
> Doc always used to predict eternal relegation for Liverpool and Everton,
> and this year it looks like he might be on to something for Everton.
> Maybe Ancelotti also knew something when he jumped ship. They have been
> unlucky with injuries, sure, but have also made some weird decisions
> like selling Digne. Lampard has not stopped the rot, and while I am not
> one of those with unbridled faith in the magical transformational powers
> of coaches/managers, it seems quite likely he was a poor choice.
> Why not go with someone who knows how to tough it out in a relegation
> battle year after year ? Graham Potter, perhaps, or Sean Dyche ?

I dont think they will get relegated. They did make a bad Spurs team look good though. I watched some of this and I think it was 5-0 when Harry Kane took a nice long slide tackle on Deli Alley, I get the feeling no one misses Deli at Spurs.

Re: Eternal relegation [R]

<8940c5be-1f03-4bcf-82ab-9a0112bf390dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=7008&group=rec.sport.soccer#7008

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 11:24:56 -0800 (PST)
From: alkami...@hotmail.com (Al Kamista)
 by: Al Kamista - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 19:24 UTC

On Monday, March 7, 2022 at 6:49:58 PM UTC-5, MH wrote:
> Doc always used to predict eternal relegation for Liverpool and Everton,
> and this year it looks like he might be on to something for Everton.
> Maybe Ancelotti also knew something when he jumped ship. They have been
> unlucky with injuries, sure, but have also made some weird decisions
> like selling Digne. Lampard has not stopped the rot, and while I am not
> one of those with unbridled faith in the magical transformational powers
> of coaches/managers, it seems quite likely he was a poor choice.
> Why not go with someone who knows how to tough it out in a relegation
> battle year after year ? Graham Potter, perhaps, or Sean Dyche ?

Why would Moshiri make a shrewd managerial appointment? I know few owners who have hired such a motherlode of bad managers. Martinez, Koeman, Silva, Lampard......it's a horror show of overhyped and under-delivering managers.

Re: Eternal relegation [R]

<49755125-4a85-48c3-92df-1f3824afb614n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=7009&group=rec.sport.soccer#7009

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 11:26:44 -0800 (PST)
From: alkami...@hotmail.com (Al Kamista)
 by: Al Kamista - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 19:26 UTC

On Monday, March 7, 2022 at 7:49:10 PM UTC-5, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <t065n4$nig$1...@dont-email.me>, MH <MHno...@ucalgary.ca> wrote:
> >Doc always used to predict eternal relegation for Liverpool and Everton,
> >and this year it looks like he might be on to something for Everton.
> >Maybe Ancelotti also knew something when he jumped ship. They have been
> >unlucky with injuries, sure, but have also made some weird decisions
> >like selling Digne. Lampard has not stopped the rot, and while I am not
> >one of those with unbridled faith in the magical transformational powers
> >of coaches/managers, it seems quite likely he was a poor choice.
> >Why not go with someone who knows how to tough it out in a relegation
> >battle year after year ? Graham Potter, perhaps, or Sean Dyche ?
> Aston Villa is the next candidate!

Aren't Arsenal the leading maim 'n injure thugs in the EPL this season? Most red cards served (or flown).

Re: Eternal relegation [R]

<t08f56$9tp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=7020&group=rec.sport.soccer#7020

From: MHnos...@ucalgary.ca (MH)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 13:43:17 -0700
 by: MH - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 20:43 UTC

On 2022-03-08 12:24, Al Kamista wrote:
> On Monday, March 7, 2022 at 6:49:58 PM UTC-5, MH wrote:
>> Doc always used to predict eternal relegation for Liverpool and Everton,
>> and this year it looks like he might be on to something for Everton.
>> Maybe Ancelotti also knew something when he jumped ship. They have been
>> unlucky with injuries, sure, but have also made some weird decisions
>> like selling Digne. Lampard has not stopped the rot, and while I am not
>> one of those with unbridled faith in the magical transformational powers
>> of coaches/managers, it seems quite likely he was a poor choice.
>> Why not go with someone who knows how to tough it out in a relegation
>> battle year after year ? Graham Potter, perhaps, or Sean Dyche ?
>
> Why would Moshiri make a shrewd managerial appointment? I know few owners who have hired such a motherlode of bad managers. Martinez,

Can't blame him on Moshiri. He was already there (and just about done)
when Moshiri took over. Anyway, Martinez was actually not so bad in
retrospect. His shtick may be annoying to some, but he is not incompetent.

Koeman, Silva, Lampard......it's a horror show of overhyped and
under-delivering managers.

Don't forget Allardyce, Ancelotti and Benitez , the latter two
definitely over-rated at this end of their careers.

Silva doing very well with Fulham right now btw.

Re: Eternal relegation [R]

<ae67bf10-ae14-472d-a7f8-8e54c2208e9an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=7022&group=rec.sport.soccer#7022

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 13:04:56 -0800 (PST)
From: alkami...@hotmail.com (Al Kamista)
 by: Al Kamista - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 21:04 UTC

On Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 3:43:21 PM UTC-5, MH wrote:
> On 2022-03-08 12:24, Al Kamista wrote:
> > On Monday, March 7, 2022 at 6:49:58 PM UTC-5, MH wrote:
> >> Doc always used to predict eternal relegation for Liverpool and Everton,
> >> and this year it looks like he might be on to something for Everton.
> >> Maybe Ancelotti also knew something when he jumped ship. They have been
> >> unlucky with injuries, sure, but have also made some weird decisions
> >> like selling Digne. Lampard has not stopped the rot, and while I am not
> >> one of those with unbridled faith in the magical transformational powers
> >> of coaches/managers, it seems quite likely he was a poor choice.
> >> Why not go with someone who knows how to tough it out in a relegation
> >> battle year after year ? Graham Potter, perhaps, or Sean Dyche ?
> >
> > Why would Moshiri make a shrewd managerial appointment? I know few owners who have hired such a motherlode of bad managers. Martinez,
> Can't blame him on Moshiri. He was already there (and just about done)
> when Moshiri took over. Anyway, Martinez was actually not so bad in
> retrospect. His shtick may be annoying to some, but he is not incompetent.
> Koeman, Silva, Lampard......it's a horror show of overhyped and
> under-delivering managers.
> Don't forget Allardyce, Ancelotti and Benitez , the latter two
> definitely over-rated at this end of their careers.

I don't blame him for Allardyce who was pulled in for a relegation saving hack job, which is about the only thing he is OK at.

> Silva doing very well with Fulham right now btw.

Big fish small pond. He'll be fired again when Fulham are back in the EPL relegation zone in November this year.