I would rather say that a desire to drive fast sports cars is what sets man apart from the animals.

sport / rec.sport.cricket / Re: This will teach the Taliban, maybe bring down their regime.

SubjectAuthor
* This will teach the Taliban, maybe bring down their regime.Dechucka
+* Re: This will teach the Taliban, maybe bring down their regime.John Hall
|`* Re: This will teach the Taliban, maybe bring down their regime.mike
| `- Re: This will teach the Taliban, maybe bring down their regime.John Hall
`- Re: This will teach the Taliban, maybe bring down their regime.Bobby Smith

1
This will teach the Taliban, maybe bring down their regime.

<eqKdncMfc4Ns8qT8nZ2dnUU7-a3NnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=776&group=rec.sport.cricket#776

Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Subject: This will teach the Taliban, maybe bring down their regime.
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 12:22:39 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 02:22 UTC

Don't know what it is going to achieve but a message is being sent.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-09/cricket-australia-no-afghanistan-test-if-taliban-ban-women-sport/100446778

Afghanistan Test match in doubt over Taliban ban on women in sport, says CA
The historic first Test match between Australia and Afghanistan would
not be hosted in this country if the Taliban supports a ban on women
playing sport, according to Cricket Australia.

Re: This will teach the Taliban, maybe bring down their regime.

<fMq9BlBOzcOhFwsd@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=777&group=rec.sport.cricket#777

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 09:58:54 +0100
 by: John Hall - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 08:58 UTC

In message <eqKdncMfc4Ns8qT8nZ2dnUU7-a3NnZ2d@westnet.com.au>, Dechucka
<Dechucka1@hotmail.com> writes
>Don't know what it is going to achieve but a message is being sent.
>
>https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-09/cricket-australia-no-afghanistan-
>test-if-taliban-ban-women-sport/100446778
>
>Afghanistan Test match in doubt over Taliban ban on women in sport, says CA
>The historic first Test match between Australia and Afghanistan would
>not be hosted in this country if the Taliban supports a ban on women
>playing sport, according to Cricket Australia.

As your Subject line implies, the only people this is really likely to
hurt are the members of the Afghanistan men's team. It might also deny
them the opportunity to defect.
--
John Hall "Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always
pays off now." Anon

Re: This will teach the Taliban, maybe bring down their regime.

<0df083f5-c312-439a-89ef-0f47e02acc27n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=778&group=rec.sport.cricket#778

Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 12:38:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 19:38 UTC

On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 10:03:31 AM UTC+1, John Hall wrote:
> In message <eqKdncMfc4Ns8qT8...@westnet.com.au>, Dechucka
> <Dech...@hotmail.com> writes
> >Don't know what it is going to achieve but a message is being sent.
> >
> >https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-09/cricket-australia-no-afghanistan-
> >test-if-taliban-ban-women-sport/100446778
> >
> >Afghanistan Test match in doubt over Taliban ban on women in sport, says CA
> >The historic first Test match between Australia and Afghanistan would
> >not be hosted in this country if the Taliban supports a ban on women
> >playing sport, according to Cricket Australia.
> As your Subject line implies, the only people this is really likely to
> hurt are the members of the Afghanistan men's team. It might also deny
> them the opportunity to defect.

as the taliban hate cricket, they will be happy to see the match called off.

mike

Re: This will teach the Taliban, maybe bring down their regime.

<M$TR7iCzxmOhFwMF@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=779&group=rec.sport.cricket#779

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 21:20:03 +0100
 by: John Hall - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 20:20 UTC

In message <0df083f5-c312-439a-89ef-0f47e02acc27n@googlegroups.com>,
mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 10:03:31 AM UTC+1, John Hall wrote:
>> In message <eqKdncMfc4Ns8qT8...@westnet.com.au>, Dechucka
>> <Dech...@hotmail.com> writes
>> >Don't know what it is going to achieve but a message is being sent.
>> >
>> >https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-09/cricket-australia-no-afghanistan-
>> >test-if-taliban-ban-women-sport/100446778
>> >
>> >Afghanistan Test match in doubt over Taliban ban on women in sport, says CA
>> >The historic first Test match between Australia and Afghanistan would
>> >not be hosted in this country if the Taliban supports a ban on women
>> >playing sport, according to Cricket Australia.
>> As your Subject line implies, the only people this is really likely to
>> hurt are the members of the Afghanistan men's team. It might also deny
>> them the opportunity to defect.
>
>as the taliban hate cricket, they will be happy to see the match called off.
>
>mike

I thought they weren't supposed to mind men's cricket. (Women's cricket
is of course a different matter.)
--
John Hall "Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always
pays off now." Anon

Re: This will teach the Taliban, maybe bring down their regime.

<66a33f11-4fbc-441f-a25f-8660c48029f2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=783&group=rec.sport.cricket#783

Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 17:33:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: tsp2...@gmail.com (Bobby Smith)
 by: Bobby Smith - Sat, 11 Sep 2021 00:33 UTC

On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 3:51:34 AM UTC-7, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
- flush -