From 0 to "what seems to be the problem officer" in 8.3 seconds. -- Ad for the new VW Corrado

sport / rec.sport.soccer / Re: CONCACAF Champions League

SubjectAuthor
* CONCACAF Champions LeagueBinder Dundat
`* Re: CONCACAF Champions LeagueBinder Dundat
 +* Re: CONCACAF Champions LeagueBinder Dundat
 |`* Re: CONCACAF Champions LeagueBinder Dundat
 | `* Re: CONCACAF Champions LeagueBinder Dundat
 |  `- Re: CONCACAF Champions LeagueFutbolmetrix
 `* Re: CONCACAF Champions LeagueBinder Dundat
  `* Re: CONCACAF Champions LeagueBinder Dundat
   `* Re: CONCACAF Champions LeagueBinder Dundat
    +* Re: CONCACAF Champions LeagueBinder Dundat
    |`- Re: CONCACAF Champions LeagueBinder Dundat
    `* Re: CONCACAF Champions LeagueMH
     `- Re: CONCACAF Champions LeagueBruce Scott

1
CONCACAF Champions League

<1384eb93-c27a-4dd3-898f-c2c8fb19e743n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=7177&group=rec.sport.soccer#7177

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:34:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: CONCACAF Champions League
From: dun...@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 00:34 UTC

Due to the Rockingness of CONCACAF, they do their CL in a few months, while Europeans and S Americans take almost a year, and they are just tiny little continents, nowhere near the size of CONCACAF.

We are in the QFs now, CF Montreal v Cruz Azul 2nd leg. Cruz won the first leg 1-0.

It looks like they are playing in the Montreal Olympic stadium, you can tell by the 70s stadium seating. Looks like a decent crowd, I think we are allowed full capacity in Quebec ( I know we are going to a cabane a sucre next week and they have not been open for years it seems). Unlike the UCL, we love and think the away goal rules Rock.

Re: CONCACAF Champions League

<201f19b6-d92d-4a64-bfb8-c14e7f9ddf5cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=7178&group=rec.sport.soccer#7178

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 18:02:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: CONCACAF Champions League
From: dun...@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 01:02 UTC

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 8:34:24 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
> Due to the Rockingness of CONCACAF, they do their CL in a few months, while Europeans and S Americans take almost a year, and they are just tiny little continents, nowhere near the size of CONCACAF.
>
> We are in the QFs now, CF Montreal v Cruz Azul 2nd leg. Cruz won the first leg 1-0.
>
> It looks like they are playing in the Montreal Olympic stadium, you can tell by the 70s stadium seating. Looks like a decent crowd, I think we are allowed full capacity in Quebec ( I know we are going to a cabane a sucre next week and they have not been open for years it seems). Unlike the UCL, we love and think the away goal rules Rock.

Montreal 0 - 1 Cruz Azul 44min

It is going to be tough now, Montreal were actually getting better and looked like they might score. Now, due to that stupid away goals rule, Montreal will need three goals and I dont see it happening. I hate that away goals rule so much!

MLS teams for the most part, doing well this year. Probably be Cruz azul and 3 MLS teams in the semi.

Re: CONCACAF Champions League

<9813b5f8-c6e8-40e4-980c-a20d7d62ec45n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=7179&group=rec.sport.soccer#7179

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 18:31:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: dun...@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 01:31 UTC

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 9:02:29 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 8:34:24 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
> > Due to the Rockingness of CONCACAF, they do their CL in a few months, while Europeans and S Americans take almost a year, and they are just tiny little continents, nowhere near the size of CONCACAF.
> >
> > We are in the QFs now, CF Montreal v Cruz Azul 2nd leg. Cruz won the first leg 1-0.
> >
> > It looks like they are playing in the Montreal Olympic stadium, you can tell by the 70s stadium seating. Looks like a decent crowd, I think we are allowed full capacity in Quebec ( I know we are going to a cabane a sucre next week and they have not been open for years it seems). Unlike the UCL, we love and think the away goal rules Rock.
> Montreal 0 - 1 Cruz Azul 44min
>
> It is going to be tough now, Montreal were actually getting better and looked like they might score. Now, due to that stupid away goals rule, Montreal will need three goals and I dont see it happening. I hate that away goals rule so much!
>
> MLS teams for the most part, doing well this year. Probably be Cruz azul and 3 MLS teams in the semi.

Ok, maybe not as full as I thought, the top bowl is empty, so maybe 20-30k.

Montreal are making some chacnes, but not finishing. It is a shame that football is decided by something as abstract as most goals scored. It should be based upon something more concrete, like what team I like the most and the team I consider to be the more skillfull. It should be like Figure Skating, you should get rid of the goals, just play football. Like maybe keep away and you give the ball back anytime an opponent touches it or it goes out and then after two 30 minute halfs, you let the judges ( me) decide how wins

Re: CONCACAF Champions League

<41dcaee2-4e02-48d8-94d9-91c6b3d8c2f5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=7180&group=rec.sport.soccer#7180

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 20:41:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: dun...@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 03:41 UTC

Just an example of why CONCACAF is the rockingest federation.
You would never see a team come back from a 3-0 first leg deficit in the UCL, escpecially not a QF, but in the CCCCL, it means nothing.

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 9:31:24 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 9:02:29 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 8:34:24 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
> > > Due to the Rockingness of CONCACAF, they do their CL in a few months, while Europeans and S Americans take almost a year, and they are just tiny little continents, nowhere near the size of CONCACAF.
> > >
> > > We are in the QFs now, CF Montreal v Cruz Azul 2nd leg. Cruz won the first leg 1-0.
> > >
> > > It looks like they are playing in the Montreal Olympic stadium, you can tell by the 70s stadium seating. Looks like a decent crowd, I think we are allowed full capacity in Quebec ( I know we are going to a cabane a sucre next week and they have not been open for years it seems). Unlike the UCL, we love and think the away goal rules Rock.
> > Montreal 0 - 1 Cruz Azul 44min
> >
> > It is going to be tough now, Montreal were actually getting better and looked like they might score. Now, due to that stupid away goals rule, Montreal will need three goals and I dont see it happening. I hate that away goals rule so much!
> >
> > MLS teams for the most part, doing well this year. Probably be Cruz azul and 3 MLS teams in the semi.
> Ok, maybe not as full as I thought, the top bowl is empty, so maybe 20-30k.
>
> Montreal are making some chacnes, but not finishing. It is a shame that football is decided by something as abstract as most goals scored. It should be based upon something more concrete, like what team I like the most and the team I consider to be the more skillfull. It should be like Figure Skating, you should get rid of the goals, just play football. Like maybe keep away and you give the ball back anytime an opponent touches it or it goes out and then after two 30 minute halfs, you let the judges ( me) decide how wins

Re: CONCACAF Champions League

<14fadadd-fb19-4e3e-9517-8d658bed6b4cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=7195&group=rec.sport.soccer#7195

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 09:03:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: dun...@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 16:03 UTC

I dont know why I didnt discover this weed thing earlier, no hangovers and you only gotta clean a bong the next morning instead of dozens of glasses and beer bottles and wine and whiskey bottles. Also kinda weird that I actually got a bong for Christmas-for those who dont know, a bong is this large shisha water pipe type thing, that you put ice in the tube to mellow out the taste of your weed. I dont know why it is not legalized across the globe..

Due to too many bong hits ( that is how you say it) I fell asleep before the end of Pumas v New England. Apparently the 3-0 New England lead from the first leg was snow assisted, anyhow Pumas came back and had made it 3-0 (3-3 agg) after about 60 minutes, but could score no more so it went directly to penals, which Pumas won somehow. SO as it stands Cruz Azul, Pumas New York City are through to the Semi and either Leon or Seattle join them. Seattle have a 3-0 lead.

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 11:41:55 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
> Just an example of why CONCACAF is the rockingest federation.
> You would never see a team come back from a 3-0 first leg deficit in the UCL, escpecially not a QF, but in the CCCCL, it means nothing.
> On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 9:31:24 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:

> > > Montreal 0 - 1 Cruz Azul 44min
> > >
> > > It is going to be tough now, Montreal were actually getting better and looked like they might score. Now, due to that stupid away goals rule, Montreal will need three goals and I dont see it happening. I hate that away goals rule so much!
> > >
> > > MLS teams for the most part, doing well this year. Probably be Cruz azul and 3 MLS teams in the semi.
> > Ok, maybe not as full as I thought, the top bowl is empty, so maybe 20-30k.
> >
> > Montreal are making some chacnes, but not finishing. It is a shame that football is decided by something as abstract as most goals scored. It should be based upon something more concrete, like what team I like the most and the team I consider to be the more skillfull. It should be like Figure Skating, you should get rid of the goals, just play football. Like maybe keep away and you give the ball back anytime an opponent touches it or it goes out and then after two 30 minute halfs, you let the judges ( me) decide how wins

Re: CONCACAF Champions League

<91067e22-df7c-4a19-a337-94b04c7eda3en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=7210&group=rec.sport.soccer#7210

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 13:01:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: daniele....@gmail.com (Futbolmetrix)
 by: Futbolmetrix - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 20:01 UTC

On Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 12:03:49 PM UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:

> Due to too many bong hits ( that is how you say it) I fell asleep before the end of Pumas v New England. Apparently the 3-0
> New England lead from the first leg was snow assisted, anyhow Pumas came back and had made it 3-0 (3-3 agg) after about
> 60 minutes, but could score no more so it went directly to penals, which Pumas won somehow.

CONCACAF Champions League sucks

Re: CONCACAF Champions League

<0398726d-5598-4540-910c-8925e8886286n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=7947&group=rec.sport.soccer#7947

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 13:28:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: dun...@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:28 UTC

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 9:02:29 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 8:34:24 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
> > Due to the Rockingness of CONCACAF, they do their CL in a few months, while Europeans and S Americans take almost a year, and they are just tiny little continents, nowhere near the size of CONCACAF.
> >
> > We are in the QFs now, CF Montreal v Cruz Azul 2nd leg. Cruz won the first leg 1-0.
> >
> > It looks like they are playing in the Montreal Olympic stadium, you can tell by the 70s stadium seating. Looks like a decent crowd, I think we are allowed full capacity in Quebec ( I know we are going to a cabane a sucre next week and they have not been open for years it seems). Unlike the UCL, we love and think the away goal rules Rock.
> Montreal 0 - 1 Cruz Azul 44min
>
> It is going to be tough now, Montreal were actually getting better and looked like they might score. Now, due to that stupid away goals rule, Montreal will need three goals and I dont see it happening. I hate that away goals rule so much!
>
> MLS teams for the most part, doing well this year. Probably be Cruz azul and 3 MLS teams in the semi.

Kinda weird warm humid day on the Iceberg,ok, the Iceberg has melted, so that would explain the humidity, but quite warm with no sunshine, i already planted Kale outside today.

Cruz Azul and 2 MLS teams did make the semis, but the other Mexiliga team (Pumas) will play the 2-leg rockingest final vs Seattle.
Late games (10pm) for us Easterners over the next 2 Wednesdays

Re: CONCACAF Champions League

<a8f3b2f3-85d8-4c37-8607-41d27ed5ab35n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=7992&group=rec.sport.soccer#7992

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 06:00:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: dun...@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 13:00 UTC

On Monday, April 25, 2022 at 4:28:14 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 9:02:29 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 8:34:24 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
> > > Due to the Rockingness of CONCACAF, they do their CL in a few months, while Europeans and S Americans take almost a year, and they are just tiny little continents, nowhere near the size of CONCACAF.
> > >
> > > We are in the QFs now, CF Montreal v Cruz Azul 2nd leg. Cruz won the first leg 1-0.
> > >
> > > It looks like they are playing in the Montreal Olympic stadium, you can tell by the 70s stadium seating. Looks like a decent crowd, I think we are allowed full capacity in Quebec ( I know we are going to a cabane a sucre next week and they have not been open for years it seems). Unlike the UCL, we love and think the away goal rules Rock.
> > Montreal 0 - 1 Cruz Azul 44min
> >
> > It is going to be tough now, Montreal were actually getting better and looked like they might score. Now, due to that stupid away goals rule, Montreal will need three goals and I dont see it happening. I hate that away goals rule so much!
> >
> > MLS teams for the most part, doing well this year. Probably be Cruz azul and 3 MLS teams in the semi.
> Kinda weird warm humid day on the Iceberg,ok, the Iceberg has melted, so that would explain the humidity, but quite warm with no sunshine, i already planted Kale outside today.
>
> Cruz Azul and 2 MLS teams did make the semis, but the other Mexiliga team (Pumas) will play the 2-leg rockingest final vs Seattle.
> Late games (10pm) for us Easterners over the next 2 Wednesdays

Very late games, with 10:30 kick off, I actually fell asleep and only woke up to see the last 30 mins, with Pumas leading 2-0. But, then two penals, one for a cheap handball and one in the 96 min, both taken by the same guy, means 2-2 heading back to seattle next week. Apparently an MLS team has not won CONCACAFCL since 2000

Re: CONCACAF Champions League

<b731164e-732a-4776-a4d0-72c819a4e3a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=8158&group=rec.sport.soccer#8158

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 20:09:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: dun...@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Thu, 5 May 2022 03:09 UTC

On Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 9:01:02 a.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
> On Monday, April 25, 2022 at 4:28:14 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:

> > > Montreal 0 - 1 Cruz Azul 44min
> > >
> > > It is going to be tough now, Montreal were actually getting better and looked like they might score. Now, due to that stupid away goals rule, Montreal will need three goals and I dont see it happening. I hate that away goals rule so much!
> > >
> > > MLS teams for the most part, doing well this year. Probably be Cruz azul and 3 MLS teams in the semi.
> > Kinda weird warm humid day on the Iceberg,ok, the Iceberg has melted, so that would explain the humidity, but quite warm with no sunshine, i already planted Kale outside today.
> >
> > Cruz Azul and 2 MLS teams did make the semis, but the other Mexiliga team (Pumas) will play the 2-leg rockingest final vs Seattle.
> > Late games (10pm) for us Easterners over the next 2 Wednesdays
> Very late games, with 10:30 kick off, I actually fell asleep and only woke up to see the last 30 mins, with Pumas leading 2-0. But, then two penals, one for a cheap handball and one in the 96 min, both taken by the same guy, means 2-2 heading back to seattle next week. Apparently an MLS team has not won CONCACAFCL since 2000

Well this is it, the final, final game. Seattle stadium looks and sounds full. Seattle score a huge deflected shot goal right at the end of the half, which is usually a killer to the opposition, but I can see Pumas coming back in the 2nd half.
Not sure how many subs allowed, but the Sounders have had to use two already. Why doesnt this Seattle team have a kool nickname like Kracken, like what the hell is a Sounder?

Re: CONCACAF Champions League

<a7df85a7-04b9-428f-a38b-1deab01a4627n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=8159&group=rec.sport.soccer#8159

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 20:51:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: dun...@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Thu, 5 May 2022 03:51 UTC

On Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 11:09:50 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
> On Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 9:01:02 a.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:

> > > Kinda weird warm humid day on the Iceberg,ok, the Iceberg has melted, so that would explain the humidity, but quite warm with no sunshine, i already planted Kale outside today.
> > >
> > > Cruz Azul and 2 MLS teams did make the semis, but the other Mexiliga team (Pumas) will play the 2-leg rockingest final vs Seattle.
> > > Late games (10pm) for us Easterners over the next 2 Wednesdays
> > Very late games, with 10:30 kick off, I actually fell asleep and only woke up to see the last 30 mins, with Pumas leading 2-0. But, then two penals, one for a cheap handball and one in the 96 min, both taken by the same guy, means 2-2 heading back to seattle next week. Apparently an MLS team has not won CONCACAFCL since 2000
> Well this is it, the final, final game. Seattle stadium looks and sounds full. Seattle score a huge deflected shot goal right at the end of the half, which is usually a killer to the opposition, but I can see Pumas coming back in the 2nd half.
> Not sure how many subs allowed, but the Sounders have had to use two already. Why doesnt this Seattle team have a kool nickname like Kracken, like what the hell is a Sounder?

Earlier today I said game over when their was 5 minutes left in a game and was wrong. Well, their is 10 minutes left and Seattle are up 2-0 (4-2 agg)and even though Pumas are all in white, just like Real, I will say game over and congrats to the MLS and Seattle for finally winning a CCCFCL cup.

Re: CONCACAF Champions League

<66ac746b-0ef9-4c4d-83df-fc78a3398b45n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=8160&group=rec.sport.soccer#8160

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 20:56:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: dun...@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Thu, 5 May 2022 03:56 UTC

On Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 11:51:51 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 11:09:50 p.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:

> > > Very late games, with 10:30 kick off, I actually fell asleep and only woke up to see the last 30 mins, with Pumas leading 2-0. But, then two penals, one for a cheap handball and one in the 96 min, both taken by the same guy, means 2-2 heading back to seattle next week. Apparently an MLS team has not won CONCACAFCL since 2000
> > Well this is it, the final, final game. Seattle stadium looks and sounds full. Seattle score a huge deflected shot goal right at the end of the half, which is usually a killer to the opposition, but I can see Pumas coming back in the 2nd half.
> > Not sure how many subs allowed, but the Sounders have had to use two already. Why doesnt this Seattle team have a kool nickname like Kracken, like what the hell is a Sounder?
> Earlier today I said game over when their was 5 minutes left in a game and was wrong. Well, their is 10 minutes left and Seattle are up 2-0 (4-2 agg)and even though Pumas are all in white, just like Real, I will say game over and congrats to the MLS and Seattle for finally winning a CCCFCL cup.

it is over now, 3-0

Re: CONCACAF Champions League

<t5127u$qpt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=8175&group=rec.sport.soccer#8175

From: MHnos...@ucalgary.ca (MH)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 11:41:18 -0600
 by: MH - Thu, 5 May 2022 17:41 UTC

On 2022-05-04 21:09, Binder Dundat wrote:
> On Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 9:01:02 a.m. UTC-4, Binder Dundat wrote:
>>>g back to seattle next week. Apparently an MLS team has not won CONCACAFCL since 2000
>
> Well this is it, the final, final game. Seattle stadium looks and sounds full. Seattle score a huge deflected shot goal right at the end of the half, which is usually a killer to the opposition, but I can see Pumas coming back in the 2nd half.
> Not sure how many subs allowed, but the Sounders have had to use two already. Why doesnt this Seattle team have a kool nickname like Kracken, like what the hell is a Sounder?

Isn't a sounder a collective name for a bunch of pigs or boars or
something ?

(Though I assume the team name relates to the Puget Sound)

Re: CONCACAF Champions League

<slrnt7pvpn.iuk.bds@lapCU-0123.aug.ipp.mpg.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=8294&group=rec.sport.soccer#8294

From: bds...@lapCU-0123.aug.ipp.mpg.de (Bruce Scott)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 12:36:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bruce Scott - Thu, 12 May 2022 12:36 UTC

On 2022-05-05, MH <MHnospam@ucalgary.ca> wrote:

> Isn't a sounder a collective name for a bunch of pigs or boars or
> something ?

If you're a Portland fan, that's what the Sounders are :-)

> (Though I assume the team name relates to the Puget Sound)

But this is the real reason for the name...

--
ciao, Bruce