Give me a fish and I will eat today. Teach me to fish and I will eat forever.

sport / rec.sport.soccer / Re: [R/T] English League One Regular Season Done

SubjectAuthor
* [R/T] English League One Regular Season DoneMichael Falkner
`* Re: [R/T] English League One Regular Season DoneReal Mardin
 `- Re: [R/T] English League One Regular Season DoneThe Doctor

1
[R/T] English League One Regular Season Done

<1aa5cf0c-ce9a-4c47-a977-07867ad635dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=8054&group=rec.sport.soccer#8054

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 14:32:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [R/T] English League One Regular Season Done
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Sun, 1 May 2022 21:32 UTC

Championship still in progress, 1-2 games left regular season for all teams..

Premier League: 4-5

Premier League -> Championship

Norwich City was clinched this weekend.
Watford is all but clinched.
Third spot, for the moment, is Everton's, but it's a three teamer at this point (Everton, Leeds United, Burnley).

Championship -> Premier League

Fulham has clinched.

Bournemouth's magic number for promotion is four. They are three ahead, but losing goal differential, on the next team (Nottingham Forest --both have two matches left).

Bournemouth 82/+33 * (2 matches left)
-----
Nott Forest 79/+34 *
Hudd Town 79/+15
Luton Town 72/+14 *
Middlesborough 70/+12
-----
Millwall 69/+9

Milwall must win it's final match and:

* Middlesborough do no better than draw

* or Luton Town must lose both of it's remaining matches and a 5 goal difference is made up in the three results.

Nottingham Forest and Huddersfield Town have both clinched into the promotion playoffs and into the favorable home-away position for the two-legged ties.

Championship -> League One (all clinched)

Derby County (third year in a row financial improprities relegate a team C -> L1)
Peterborough United
Barnsley

League One -> Championship

Wigan Athletic
Rotherham United

and

Milton Keynes Dons/Wycombe Wanderers vs. Sheffield Wednesday/Sunderland, with the first listed team with the advantage of playing their home match (and any required extra time) second.

League One -> League Two

Gillingham
Doncaster Rovers
AFC Wimbledown
Crewe Alexandra

League Two -> League One (1-2 left)

Exeter City
Forest Green Rovers (both clinched)

Still complicated from there...

Northhampton Town 77/+20
--------
Bristol Rovers 77+15
Port Vale 75/+21*
Mansfield Town 75/+15*
Swindon Town 74/+20
----------
Sutton United 73/+14

Handle the simple part first: Sutton United must win (and have Swindon not do the same or PV or Mansfield Town lose both), or draw and have Swindon Town lose their final match by at least six. And that's only for a playoff spot.

Until the extra matches for Mansfield Town and Port Vale are handled tomorrow, we won't know where things stand. Unless both MT and PV lose, then the winner tomorrow is in the auto-promotion 3rd, Port Vale if both win. (This would remove the other scenario for Sutton United, who then must win and have Swindon Town not do the same or draw and have Swindon Town lose by six..)

If neither can do better than a draw tomorrow, Bristol Rovers is still fourth.

League Two -> National League

Oldham Athletic and Scunthorpe United (clinched)

National League promotion, and this is why Oldham's demotion out of League Football is so devastating, is one auto-promotion spot and SIX teams into a playoff. There are still 3 full rounds and a 4th partial left to even determine the former. Stockport County, as of the moment, has the auto-promotion spot.

Mike

Re: [R/T] English League One Regular Season Done

<b3ccd525-d61f-4322-a75b-78a2d14703b7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=8056&group=rec.sport.soccer#8056

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 14:54:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [R/T] English League One Regular Season Done
From: real_mar...@yahoo.co.uk (Real Mardin)
 by: Real Mardin - Sun, 1 May 2022 21:54 UTC

On Sunday, May 1, 2022 at 10:32:17 PM UTC+1, Michael Falkner wrote:
> Championship still in progress, 1-2 games left regular season for all teams.
>
> Premier League: 4-5
>
> Premier League -> Championship
>
> Norwich City was clinched this weekend.
> Watford is all but clinched.
> Third spot, for the moment, is Everton's, but it's a three teamer at this point (Everton, Leeds United, Burnley).
>
> Championship -> Premier League
>
> Fulham has clinched.
>
> Bournemouth's magic number for promotion is four. They are three ahead, but losing goal differential, on the next team (Nottingham Forest --both have two matches left).

Indeed, but their next game is *Nottingham Forest* on Tuesday night, which sound be interesting. Draw and they still have the advantage, lose and the advantage shifts to Forest, who have done a remarkable job in climbing up from the relegation places since changing their manager.

RM

<t4n41v$aje$47@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=8059&group=rec.sport.soccer#8059

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 23:10:55 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 1 May 2022 23:10 UTC

In article <b3ccd525-d61f-4322-a75b-78a2d14703b7n@googlegroups.com>,
Real Mardin <real_mardin@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>On Sunday, May 1, 2022 at 10:32:17 PM UTC+1, Michael Falkner wrote:
>> Championship still in progress, 1-2 games left regular season for all teams.
>>
>> Premier League: 4-5
>>
>> Premier League -> Championship
>>
>> Norwich City was clinched this weekend.
>> Watford is all but clinched.
>> Third spot, for the moment, is Everton's, but it's a three teamer at
>this point (Everton, Leeds United, Burnley).

Come on LEeds, Burnley and Watford!

What use is it if we only see the strangeness of others? -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com