From: bds...@lapCU-0123.aug.ipp.mpg.de (Bruce Scott)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Frankfurt [R]
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 11:36:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bruce Scott - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 11:36 UTC

What a performance last night! Frankfurt went after it from the
opening kick and scored after 50 seconds. But then West Ham, unlike
Barcelona, didn't show shock and got back into the game within the
first phase of the half at 21'. Afterward it was anybody's game,
raucous back and forth stuff with both teams dangerous. Both hit the
woodwork in the 2nd half, but Frankfurt scored when a through pass
went into a cutter whose shot was blocked but not held. On the spill
Kamada got a half a foot onto it and got it into the net for what
turned out to be the winner, but not before West Ham had a fantastic
bicycle kick go down off the inside of the crossbar but not in. It
could have been the last-gasp equaliser but wasn't to be. But West
Ham are still very much alive in the tie, and Frankfurt will have to
remember the Hammers went down to Lyon and won there 3-0 away in the
second leg in the 1/4-Finals. Next week will be another good one!

--
ciao, Bruce

Re: Frankfurt [R]

<t51e4n$su3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=8181&group=rec.sport.soccer#8181

From: rorsc...@sorrystofanet.dk (Jesper Lauridsen)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Re: Frankfurt [R]
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 21:04:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jesper Lauridsen - Thu, 5 May 2022 21:04 UTC

On 2022-04-29, Bruce Scott <bds@lapCU-0123.aug.ipp.mpg.de> wrote:
> Next week will be another good one!

Very nervous performance from Frankfurt (second half, didn't see the
first), with the fear of blowing the whole thing weighing down on them.

3 finals; 6 teams from 6 different leagues. Did we have that back when
the Cup Winner's Cup was a thing?

Re: Frankfurt [R]

<t51gd6$dv4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=8184&group=rec.sport.soccer#8184

From: MHnos...@ucalgary.ca (MH)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 15:43:01 -0600
 by: MH - Thu, 5 May 2022 21:43 UTC

On 2022-05-05 15:04, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
> On 2022-04-29, Bruce Scott <bds@lapCU-0123.aug.ipp.mpg.de> wrote:
>> Next week will be another good one!
>
> Very nervous performance from Frankfurt (second half, didn't see the
> first), with the fear of blowing the whole thing weighing down on them.
>
> 3 finals; 6 teams from 6 different leagues. Did we have that back when
> the Cup Winner's Cup was a thing?

Yes, fairly often I think.

Though 1987 will not be a year fondly remembered by Bayern fans,
we had

Bayern Porto

Ajax Lok Leipzig

Dundee Utd. IFK Göteborg.