From 0 to "what seems to be the problem officer" in 8.3 seconds. -- Ad for the new VW Corrado

sport / rec.sport.cricket / Gross Exaggeration of the Week.

SubjectAuthor
* Gross Exaggeration of the Week.alvey
`* Re: Gross Exaggeration of the Week.John Hall
 +- Re: Gross Exaggeration of the Week.Mike Holmans
 `- Re: Gross Exaggeration of the Week.alvey

1
Gross Exaggeration of the Week.

<1szjt36yn8u9s.yro3xr9h8iav$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=828&group=rec.sport.cricket#828

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Subject: Gross Exaggeration of the Week.
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2021 06:09:35 +1000
 by: alvey - Sat, 6 Nov 2021 20:09 UTC

Headline from Foxsport.

"Ex-Test star chases five-year return for Ashes after another ton: Shield
Wrap"

This would be Nic Maddison whose two Test career yielded innings of 0, 1, 4
& 22.

alvey

Re: Gross Exaggeration of the Week.

<vUuwpfDbWuhhFwTv@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=829&group=rec.sport.cricket#829

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Gross Exaggeration of the Week.
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2021 20:29:15 +0000
 by: John Hall - Sat, 6 Nov 2021 20:29 UTC

In message <1szjt36yn8u9s.yro3xr9h8iav$.dlg@40tude.net>, alvey
<alvey@is.invalid> writes
>Headline from Foxsport.
>
>"Ex-Test star chases five-year return for Ashes after another ton: Shield
>Wrap"
>
>This would be Nic Maddison whose two Test career yielded innings of 0, 1, 4
>& 22.

Could he be a better player now than he was five years ago? I don't
follow Australian domestic cricket closely enough to have any idea
whether he is or not.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

Re: Gross Exaggeration of the Week.

<dkrdogtu171v86jb41shk3e8p1a6r6opvg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=830&group=rec.sport.cricket#830

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 21:09:10 +0000
 by: Mike Holmans - Sat, 6 Nov 2021 21:09 UTC

On Sat, 6 Nov 2021 20:29:15 +0000, John Hall <john_nospam@jhall.co.uk>
wrote:

>In message <1szjt36yn8u9s.yro3xr9h8iav$.dlg@40tude.net>, alvey
><alvey@is.invalid> writes
>>Headline from Foxsport.
>>
>>"Ex-Test star chases five-year return for Ashes after another ton: Shield
>>Wrap"
>>
>>This would be Nic Maddison whose two Test career yielded innings of 0, 1, 4
>>& 22.
>>

>Could he be a better player now than he was five years ago? I don't
>follow Australian domestic cricket closely enough to have any idea
>whether he is or not.

He could well be, but to describe him as an ex-Test "star" with that
record is worthy of the idiot in the other ng talking about Jack Ikin.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Gross Exaggeration of the Week.

<1l7jwvmssf8t6$.tlumse2k2w2p$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=831&group=rec.sport.cricket#831

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2021 07:10:38 +1000
 by: alvey - Sat, 6 Nov 2021 21:10 UTC

On Sat, 6 Nov 2021 20:29:15 +0000, John Hall wrote:

> In message <1szjt36yn8u9s.yro3xr9h8iav$.dlg@40tude.net>, alvey
> <alvey@is.invalid> writes
>>Headline from Foxsport.
>>
>>"Ex-Test star chases five-year return for Ashes after another ton: Shield
>>Wrap"
>>
>>This would be Nic Maddison whose two Test career yielded innings of 0, 1, 4
>>& 22.
>>

> Could he be a better player now than he was five years ago?

Hard to say John. Mainly because he didn't bat for long enough in his Test
innings and now I have better things to do than watch Victorian Shield
matches. (Unless the Dics are playing Qld of course). He's had a lot of big
scores since deserting NSW for Victoria, but I've noticed that almost all
of these have been on Melb flatties. Oh, and he's missed some cricket with
that Holiday du Jour, mental health.

> I don't follow Australian domestic cricket closely enough to have any idea
> whether he is or not.

Conratulations!
Your Australian Journalists Assn. membership card is in the post.

alvey