Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. -- W. C. Fields

sport / rec.sport.soccer / Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st century

SubjectAuthor
* RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryAl Kamista
+* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryAl Kamista
|`- Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryAl Kamista
+* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryFutbolmetrix
|`* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryAl Kamista
| `* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryFutbolmetrix
|  `- Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryAl Kamista
+- Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryWerner Pichler
+* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryMH
|+- Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryAl Kamista
|`* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryAl Kamista
| `* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryMH
|  `* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryMH
|   `* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryWerner Pichler
|    `* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryMH
|     `* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryWerner Pichler
|      `- Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryMH
+* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryMH
|+* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryMark
||`- Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryMH
|`* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryFutbolmetrix
| `* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryMark
|  `* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryMH
|   `- Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryJesus Petry
`* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryMark
 +* Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryBlueshirt
 |`- Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryMark
 `- Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st centuryMH

Pages:12
Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st century

<xn0nhr2jtkhnz000@nntp.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=8285&group=rec.sport.soccer#8285

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st century
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 22:21:19 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Wed, 11 May 2022 21:21 UTC

Mark wrote:

> Can someone remind me of the name of the coach who won the Copa
> Sudamericana with Cienciano in 2003 please?

Freddy Ternero

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy_Ternero

> Also, am I right in thinking Otto Rehaggel was the coach of Greece
> when they won the European Championship in 2004? And also the coach
> of Kaiserslautern when they won the German Championship in 1998?

Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Rehhagel

> And am I also right in thinking Guus Hiddink was the coach of South
> Korea when they reached the World Cup semi-final in 2002?

Yes, he was.

Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st century

<t5hftu$ls6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=8290&group=rec.sport.soccer#8290

From: MHnos...@ucalgary.ca (MH)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 17:13:02 -0600
 by: MH - Wed, 11 May 2022 23:13 UTC

On 2022-05-11 13:20, Mark wrote:
> On Monday, May 2, 2022 at 6:27:36 PM UTC+1, alka...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Following up on the Ancelotti thread, it would be interesting to see where we net out on who we perceive to be the best this millennium.
>>
>> Ground rules similar to the RSS Coach Sack competition. You get 10 weightage points which you can allocate to managers of your choice, with a limit of 3 points per manager (so people don't over-index on one manager and skew the results).
>>
>> For eligibility, a manager could have overlapped both millenniums, but with decent representation in the 21st (so for example, Sacchi only managed until 2001, so he would not make a lot of sense).
>
> Can someone remind me of the name of the coach who won the Copa Sudamericana with Cienciano in 2003 please? And any information on anything else he achieved as a manager would be appreciated too.
> Also, am I right in thinking Otto Rehaggel was the coach of Greece when they won the European Championship in 2004? And also the coach of Kaiserslautern when they won the German Championship in 1998?

Also the coach of Bremen when they won a bundesliga championship (in the
80s I think, probably 88). But 2 out of 3 of his big accomplishments
were before 2000. He also had many setbacks too.

> And am I also right in thinking Guus Hiddink was the coach of South Korea when they reached the World Cup semi-final in 2002?

Yes, but most of his accomplishments (eg. with PSV) were in the previous
millenium.

Re: RSS Poll: Greatest manager of the 21st century

<523ca7be-b30e-4ed3-8f11-11839e4bed38n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=8303&group=rec.sport.soccer#8303

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 12:27:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: Pammiesh...@yahoo.co.uk (Mark)
 by: Mark - Thu, 12 May 2022 19:27 UTC

On Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 10:21:30 PM UTC+1, Blueshirt wrote:
> Mark wrote:
> >
> > Can someone remind me of the name of the coach who won the Copa
> > Sudamericana with Cienciano in 2003 please?
> Freddy Ternero
> > And any information on
> > anything else he achieved as a manager would be appreciated too.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy_Ternero
> > Also, am I right in thinking Otto Rehaggel was the coach of Greece
> > when they won the European Championship in 2004? And also the coach
> > of Kaiserslautern when they won the German Championship in 1998?
> Yes.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Rehhagel
> > And am I also right in thinking Guus Hiddink was the coach of South
> > Korea when they reached the World Cup semi-final in 2002?
> Yes, he was.

Thank you.