From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket,uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Kane Williamson: Our Chief Weapon is Boredom
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 07:26:44 +1000
 by: alvey - Sat, 13 Nov 2021 21:26 UTC

Well, no. He didn't actually say that. What he *did* say, I think, is that
the Kiwi's have now spread their chief tactic across all three formats.
This being to bore the opposition into a stasis type trance and hope that
they don't awaken until it's fatally late. Here Kane has kicked it up a
level by starting well before the game.

In an interview with the Guardian about the upcoming T20 Final Kane began
the numbing process.

"Kane Williamson said he wants his team to “enjoy the occasion and take it
on in our style” and when asked to define that style managed this:
“Something we’ve been trying to do and play throughout this competition is
looking to go out and make those adjustments and certainly have the courage
to do so and play smart cricket and buy into, you know, concepts that for
us as a team are what we try and wholeheartedly do.”"

One hopes like Sinney that he doesn't take up commentary when he retires.

alvey