I would rather say that a desire to drive fast sports cars is what sets man apart from the animals.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins / Impossible

SubjectAuthor
* ImpossibleValravn
`* Re: ImpossibleValravn
 `* Re: ImpossibleStoobz
  `* Re: ImpossibleDan the Man
   `- Re: ImpossibleStoobz

1
Impossible

<d05f0e82-5934-4fdd-9299-3f3e36736b36n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=879&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#879

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 13:46:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Impossible
From: gmwellbr...@gmail.com (Valravn)
 by: Valravn - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 20:46 UTC

Well, obviously not, but so very very very improbable.

3-0 start against the Patriots, Ravens and Bills?

No way I would have bet that. I still think the Bills are the better team as of now, but just enough went right circumstantially to pull off this upset. Barring serious injury issues, unlikely to be able to beat them at home later this year, or if they meet in the playoffs.

But I'll take this. Gotta love what the Defense did today. Damn, that was a lot of plays. Looks like the Bills were able to take Hill out of the game, and surprisingly, the Dolphins mostly cancelled Diggs. Problem for the Bills was, even if you stop the Cheetah, the Dolphins still have a Penguin.

Wow. I'll remember this one for a while.

Greg Little out today. I hope he is back soon. Bright spot / surprise on the OL.

And finally, for the newsgroup police out there, yeah another double post to fix typos.

Re: Impossible

<236b87fd-10ad-4e50-a462-789e671ce761n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=880&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#880

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 14:25:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Impossible
From: gmwellbr...@gmail.com (Valravn)
 by: Valravn - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 21:25 UTC

On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 1:46:28 PM UTC-7, Valravn wrote:
> Well, obviously not, but so very very very improbable.
>
> 3-0 start against the Patriots, Ravens and Bills?
>
> No way I would have bet that. I still think the Bills are the better team as of now, but just enough went right circumstantially to pull off this upset. Barring serious injury issues, unlikely to be able to beat them at home later this year, or if they meet in the playoffs.
>
> But I'll take this. Gotta love what the Defense did today. Damn, that was a lot of plays. Looks like the Bills were able to take Hill out of the game, and surprisingly, the Dolphins mostly cancelled Diggs. Problem for the Bills was, even if you stop the Cheetah, the Dolphins still have a Penguin.
>
> Wow. I'll remember this one for a while.
>
> Greg Little out today. I hope he is back soon. Bright spot / surprise on the OL.
>
> And finally, for the newsgroup police out there, yeah another double post to fix typos.

Crazier still, after the Colts beat the Chiefs, Miami is the only undefeated tam in the AFC. 3-0 makes them Number one seed in the AFC as of week 3.

Barring injuries, I thought I saw a path to 11, and maybe even 12 wins this season. And that was including them sitting at 1-2 at the end of week 3.

Re: Impossible

<tgqtl6$3i2kl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=881&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#881

From: stoo...@comcast.net (Stoobz)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 20:01:23 -0500
 by: Stoobz - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 01:01 UTC

On 9/25/2022 4:25 PM, Valravn wrote:
> On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 1:46:28 PM UTC-7, Valravn wrote:
>> Well, obviously not, but so very very very improbable.
>>
>> 3-0 start against the Patriots, Ravens and Bills?
>>
>> No way I would have bet that. I still think the Bills are the better team as of now, but just enough went right circumstantially to pull off this upset. Barring serious injury issues, unlikely to be able to beat them at home later this year, or if they meet in the playoffs.
>>
>> But I'll take this. Gotta love what the Defense did today. Damn, that was a lot of plays. Looks like the Bills were able to take Hill out of the game, and surprisingly, the Dolphins mostly cancelled Diggs. Problem for the Bills was, even if you stop the Cheetah, the Dolphins still have a Penguin.
>>
>> Wow. I'll remember this one for a while.
>>
>> Greg Little out today. I hope he is back soon. Bright spot / surprise on the OL.
>>
>> And finally, for the newsgroup police out there, yeah another double post to fix typos.
> Crazier still, after the Colts beat the Chiefs, Miami is the only undefeated tam in the AFC. 3-0 makes them Number one seed in the AFC as of week 3.
>
> Barring injuries, I thought I saw a path to 11, and maybe even 12 wins this season. And that was including them sitting at 1-2 at the end of week 3.

Fantastic outcome! Crowd was perhaps the loudest I've ever heard there. FTB!

I would never have bet on a 3-0 start yet here we are, quite happily!

Tough row to hoe and come out of Cinci with another. We'll see.

These last two games, though.. oh, my.....

Re: Impossible

<9ef52329-ae6a-4845-925d-8988bce2077fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=883&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#883

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 13:06:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: dan...@yahoo.com (Dan the Man)
 by: Dan the Man - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 20:06 UTC

On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 9:01:28 PM UTC-4, Stoobz wrote:
> On 9/25/2022 4:25 PM, Valravn wrote:
> > On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 1:46:28 PM UTC-7, Valravn wrote:
> >> Well, obviously not, but so very very very improbable.
> >>
> >> 3-0 start against the Patriots, Ravens and Bills?
> >>
> >> No way I would have bet that. I still think the Bills are the better team as of now, but just enough went right circumstantially to pull off this upset. Barring serious injury issues, unlikely to be able to beat them at home later this year, or if they meet in the playoffs.
> >>
> >> But I'll take this. Gotta love what the Defense did today. Damn, that was a lot of plays. Looks like the Bills were able to take Hill out of the game, and surprisingly, the Dolphins mostly cancelled Diggs. Problem for the Bills was, even if you stop the Cheetah, the Dolphins still have a Penguin.
> >>
> >> Wow. I'll remember this one for a while.
> >>
> >> Greg Little out today. I hope he is back soon. Bright spot / surprise on the OL.
> >>
> >> And finally, for the newsgroup police out there, yeah another double post to fix typos.
> > Crazier still, after the Colts beat the Chiefs, Miami is the only undefeated tam in the AFC. 3-0 makes them Number one seed in the AFC as of week 3.
> >
> > Barring injuries, I thought I saw a path to 11, and maybe even 12 wins this season. And that was including them sitting at 1-2 at the end of week 3.
> >
> Fantastic outcome! Crowd was perhaps the loudest I've ever heard there. FTB!
>
> I would never have bet on a 3-0 start yet here we are, quite happily!
>
> Tough row to hoe and come out of Cinci with another. We'll see.
>
> These last two games, though.. oh, my.....
Just got back from my vaca in southern UT (amazing national parks there), and I guess I missed a few things?
Stunned they were able to hang on against BUF after the notorious butt-punt..
Then the crash back to earth against CIN (did Tom Brady ever get taken out that way?), hopefully Bridgewater has a trick or two up his sleeve.

Dan

Re: Impossible

<tha78p$1dkms$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=884&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#884

From: stoo...@comcast.net (Stoobz)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 15:17:27 -0500
 by: Stoobz - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 20:17 UTC

On 10/1/2022 3:06 PM, Dan the Man wrote:
> On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 9:01:28 PM UTC-4, Stoobz wrote:
>> Fantastic outcome! Crowd was perhaps the loudest I've ever heard
>> there. FTB!
>> I would never have bet on a 3-0 start yet here we are, quite happily!
>>
>> Tough row to hoe and come out of Cinci with another. We'll see.
>>
>> These last two games, though.. oh, my.....
> Just got back from my vaca in southern UT (amazing national parks there), and I guess I missed a few things?
> Stunned they were able to hang on against BUF after the notorious butt-punt.
> Then the crash back to earth against CIN (did Tom Brady ever get taken out that way?), hopefully Bridgewater has a trick or two up his sleeve.
>
> Dan

I would love to visit that area of the country one day soon. Seems to be
the only place one can get some peace and quiet any more!

The boys gave a valiant effort and could have won the game on several
occasions but they certainly looked like they were the beat up short
week travel team. The worst part is Tua, of course.

Hopefully, Teddy can play well enough to not lose, especially to the
Jets, and perhaps Tua will be well enough to pick up the offense after that.

I don't think the Bengals are good enough to return to the big game and
I hope we host them in the playoffs to exact revenge.